• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I made butter!

Superfly

Salty, defiant, and completely non-compliant.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
butter.jpg

Never done this before. Cost significantly more than buying it already made, but it's cool that I can say I made my own butter. :lol:

That's the best butter there is. :)
When my boys were young, I showed them how to put cream in a mason jar, screw the lid on tight, and shake it until the butter separated out. We had such fun doing things like that. :lol:

Kudos to you. Most people would not know how to begin such a project... in fact I'd bet there's millions of people who consume it or cook with it daily who are right now scratching their heads and trying to determine what butter is made of! :mrgreen:

That's the best butter there is. :)
When my boys were young, I showed them how to put cream in a mason jar, screw the lid on tight, and shake it until the butter separated out. We had such fun doing things like that. :lol:

Damn, baby. That sounds too much like work. I just put 6 cups of heavy cream in my stand mixer and let it mix until it separated. :lol:

back when I was a young grasshopper trying to impress a young lady by helping made a dessert I beat some whipping cream til it got lumps of butter in it. I had a lot of nervous energy back them and she looked awfully cute in those little shorts bent over looking into the oven like that....

Kudos to you. Most people would not know how to begin such a project... in fact I'd bet there's millions of people who consume it or cook with it daily who are right now scratching their heads and trying to determine what butter is made of! :mrgreen:

Well I just happened upon the recipe when I was looking for a recipe for polenta. :lol: But it is amazing. I added a touch of sea salt to it, and it's just perfect. Not something I'd do again. It costed me like $8 for the heavy cream, and I can get real butter for $3.50 a pound.

back when I was a young grasshopper trying to impress a young lady by helping made a dessert I beat some whipping cream til it got lumps of butter in it. I had a lot of nervous energy back them and she looked awfully cute in those little shorts bent over looking into the oven like that....

:lol: Can you check the pot roast, baby?

Never done this before. Cost significantly more than buying it already made, but it's cool that I can say I made my own butter. :lol:

Did you milk the cow? I want to know how much "from scratch" this really was.

Oh hell naw. I bought that crap at the grocery store. It's not that scratch. :lol:

Oh hell naw. I bought that crap at the grocery store. It's not that scratch. :lol:

Is it better than store bought butter?

View attachment 67150931

Hey, good on you. Did you wear a pilgrim dress while you were making the butter? That just seems appropriate.

Ok I have been under orders to buy Paula Deen finishing butter but I can never remember. I may need to subcontract out the bait and switch if Food Lion has banned her too so I don't get yelled at. I will have to have you make the butter and ImageP to print me up some foil wrappers. If only Wake and his pickles weren't banned we could open up a DP bootleg store on Ebay or something.

i find some things use i always buy the best ..butter/ cheese/ bread/ booze/ gasoline....

I'm that way with certain things too, but butter isn't one of them. Of course, I've never had the homemade butter, so I haven't been spoiled yet either. ;)

I think it is, but I could just be telling myself that to justify paying $8 for the stuff to make $3.50 worth of butter. :lol:

Lol! I wouldn't blame you for that! Well, it's fun to make stuff from scratch every once in a while, and if you can afford it then no biggie! :)

Lol! I wouldn't blame you for that! Well, it's fun to make stuff from scratch every once in a while, and if you can afford it then no biggie! :)

It was fun. Still didn't get around to the polenta, though. Bought the stuff from Publix. Don't want to stand there on the stove and stir for 40 minutes.

It was fun. Still didn't get around to the polenta, though. Bought the stuff from Publix. Don't want to stand there on the stove and stir for 40 minutes.

I've never had polenta either. Looks kinda mushy. :lol:

I've never had polenta either. Looks kinda mushy. :lol:

It's a lot like grits, maybe a smaller "cut." You cook it with butter, seasoning, maybe some cheese. You can serve it soft (like the way I cooked mine, with shrimp, peppers and onions). You can also wait for it to set, and it solidifies, and you can slice it and pan fry it. Delicious.

It's a lot like grits, maybe a smaller "cut." You cook it with butter, seasoning, maybe some cheese. You can serve it soft (like the way I cooked mine, with shrimp, peppers and onions). You can also wait for it to set, and it solidifies, and you can slice it and pan fry it. Delicious.

What does it taste like? Is it like tasteless?

It kind of reminds me of tofu. Like I said, I've never had it though. I've only seen it on the cooking shows.

Yeah it is kind nasty if you don't flavor it. It's Italian, I think. Almost like Italian grits. They are creamier, though.

This looks similar to what I made, but instead of green peas, I used peppers and onions, and seasoned the shrimp with Old Bay and added cheese and butter to the polenta. Talk about a foodgasm. :lol:

Grilled-Shrimp-and-Polenta.jpg

Back
Top Bottom