• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I made butter!

Damn, baby. That sounds too much like work. I just put 6 cups of heavy cream in my stand mixer and let it mix until it separated. :lol:

Young boys have energy that needs to be worked off. ;)

Yeah it is kind nasty if you don't flavor it. It's Italian, I think. Almost like Italian grits. They are creamier, though.

This looks similar to what I made, but instead of green peas, I used peppers and onions, and seasoned the shrimp with Old Bay and added cheese and butter to the polenta. Talk about a foodgasm. :lol:

View attachment 67150935

Mmmm. That looks delicious!

What does it taste like? Is it like tasteless?

It kind of reminds me of tofu. Like I said, I've never had it though. I've only seen it on the cooking shows.

It tastes similar to grits, but doesn't seem to be as "grainy", and if I remember correctly, grits is made from hominy. I like polenta with a little butter, salt and pepper, and some shredded cheddar melted in. I can eat a bowl of it as my breakfast food.

It tastes similar to grits, but doesn't seem to be as "grainy", and if I remember correctly, grits is made from hominy. I like polenta with a little butter, salt and pepper, and some shredded cheddar melted in. I can eat a bowl of it as my breakfast food.

I've never had grits either. :lol: I've had corn bread though! Is it like corn bread at all? I mean taste wise?

Yeah it is kind nasty if you don't flavor it. It's Italian, I think. Almost like Italian grits. They are creamier, though.

This looks similar to what I made, but instead of green peas, I used peppers and onions, and seasoned the shrimp with Old Bay and added cheese and butter to the polenta. Talk about a foodgasm. :lol:

View attachment 67150935

Yep it's Italian, from up north I think. At least we southerners - my family is from Sicily - didn't eat it.

Good stuff though. I like it hardened and then fried. Gotta try it as the grits in shrimp and grits. That sounds yummy.

Very cool you made it. I'm going to try my hand at making mozzarella cheese this fall. Doesn't look hard.

I've never had grits either. :lol: I've had corn bread though! Is it like corn bread at all? I mean taste wise?

I would say one on one therapy might be in order...

Yeah, it's similar to the taste, just a huge difference in texture, lol. It's actually pretty healthy for you.

Yeah, it's similar to the taste, just a huge difference in texture, lol. It's actually pretty healthy for you.

I made corn bread with real corn in it before. It was delicious like that. The corn made it sweeter.

Well I told you I'm not from the south! :lol:

There is little more important to most people in Alabama, of all socioeconomic classes, than college football. Just ask windowdressing, who is in CA... :mrgreen:

There is little more important to most people in Alabama, of all socioeconomic classes, than college football. Just ask windowdressing, who is in CA... :mrgreen:

I prefer the NFL myself. I'm not very familiar with the rules in college football, and I know it's a little different.

I prefer the NFL myself. I'm not very familiar with the rules in college football, and I know it's a little different.

They're converging quickly. The basic difference is watching Saturdays or Sundays. I tend to do both...

They're converging quickly. The basic difference is watching Saturdays or Sundays. I tend to do both...

Or Monday night! :mrgreen: I work on most Saturdays, so I watch on Sundays. I usually only watch the Patriots, unless it's the playoffs or the Super Bowl.

Or Monday night! :mrgreen: I work on most Saturdays, so I watch on Sundays. I usually only watch the Patriots, unless it's the playoffs or the Super Bowl.

I've been very happy on many Monday nights. BTW, I don't like the Pats that much...

Back
Top Bottom