• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I love when progressives get mixed messages

Hicup

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Seeing it develop in real-time is just too much fun to resist.

1. Gays being hated - Check
2. Arsenal of weapons - Check
3. Muslin shooter - Crap.
4. Obama's watch wants to let in even more of the savages - Oh double crap
5. Hillary's comments to the same - Man, not good, Trump gunna Trump all week on this, University what? ;)

All would have fleshed out perfectly if only the shooter were Christian.

Tim-

5. Hillary's comments to the same - Man, not good, Trump gunna Trump all week on this, University what? ;)

Tim-

I guess I'm happy for you that this shooting and mass killing has brought you such joy. :roll:

I guess I'm happy for you that this shooting and mass killing has brought you such joy. :roll:

Ah, the old, say something completely different but associate it with something else, ploy. Get tired of that much? ;)

Tim-

Ah, the old, say something completely different but associate it with something else, ploy. Get tired of that much? ;)

Tim-

What I said stands. You stated yourself that the political results of this mass killing "is too much fun to resist".

I'm amazed you don't understand how vile you are acting right now.

Tim-

And I "love" to see yet another right winger ignoring that he was born in New York and was a natural born citizen... just like Trump.

Also I "love" to see right wingers ignore the fact that there has been more mass shootings in the US this year than there have been days in the year...

Right wingers are in total denial and trying everything to deflect away from the truth..

What I said stands. You stated yourself that the political results of this mass killing "is too much fun to resist".

I'm amazed you don't understand how vile you are acting right now.

Still ... his observations about the Left were right.
The only thing is that he could have added a #6 where the Left tries to deflect criticism by suggesting injecting politics is just so wrong.
Maybe he figured someone would do that for him ... and you did.

Still ... his observations about the Left were right.
The only thing is that he could have added a #6 where the Left tries to deflect criticism by suggesting injecting politics is just so wrong.
Maybe he figured someone would do that for him ... and you did.

Nowhere did I deflect criticism or suggest you can't inject politics. I'm saying that he should have done it in a way to where he isn't positively giddy about a mass shooting. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, like usual.

And I "love" to see yet another right winger ignoring that he was born in New York and was a natural born citizen... just like Trump.

Also I "love" to see right wingers ignore the fact that there has been more mass shootings in the US this year than there have been days in the year...

Right wingers are in total denial and trying everything to deflect away from the truth..

citaton-needed.png

Tim-

It's great when dozens of people are murdered, right? It's perfect. Gives you a chance to bitch about liberals and show how much you don't care about other people's lives in the grand scheme of things.

Nowhere did I deflect criticism or suggest you can't inject politics. I'm saying that he should have done it in a way to where he isn't positively giddy about a mass shooting. You couldn't be more wrong if you tried, like usual.

As if on cue, last night we get ...
Presumptive GOP nominee Donald Trump’s first tweet Sunday morning was a fairly measured comment about the deadly mass shooting in an Orlando gay nightclub. “Really bad shooting in Orlando. Police investigating possible terrorism. Many people dead and wounded.”

His second tweet, an hour and a half later, was a return to campaign trail politics — an attempt to falsely recast a verbal attack he made against a disabled journalist.

Then came another, more sympathetic tweet about the Orlando tragedy, followed by one in which he took credit for “being right on radical Islamic terrorism.” And then Trump went fully on the attack, saying, “Is President Obama going to finally mention the words radical Islamic terrorism? If he doesn’t he should immediately resign in disgrace!”

Trump’s approach to the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history posed a sharp contrast to the conventional one of presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. She first tweeted a note of concern for the victims; hours later, she issued a statement that sought to address the main issues that the tragedy touched on — terrorism, gay rights and gun control.

The disparity between the two encapsulates the choice facing voters this fall: Do they see Trump’s bombast as the solution to a dangerous world, or do they find comfort in Clinton’s more familiar manner?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...a0_story.html?wpisrc=nl_politics-draw6&wpmm=1

Yessiree, the Left is nothing if not predictable.

USA is famous for its mass shootings,never blame muslims for every mess resulting from your own system.Aurora shooter was muslim too?

Seeing it develop in real-time is just too much fun to resist. 1. Gays being hated - Check 2. Arsenal of weapons - Check 3. Muslin shooter - Crap. 4. Obama's watch wants to let in even more of the savages - Oh double crap 5. Hillary's comments to the same - Man, not good, Trump gunna Trump all week on this, University what? All would have fleshed out perfectly if only the shooter were Christian. Tim-

I wonder how out of touch someone has to be to see 'just too much fun to resist' when referring to so large a mass shooting... :3oops:

The only 'crap' thought I had about the shooter being a muslim was how much froth the rabid right trumpers would spew about...

A fact you may have missed- the shooter was BORN HERE. He is as American as any of the rest of us. His immigrant refugee parents are peaceful, productive members of this nation- NOT SAVAGES... :doh

There is nothing that can make the equiv of one of my old light infantry companies being wiped out 'fleshed out perfectly'... that anyone can think this says more about the poster than the shooter, his parentage, religion, or vile deeds... :peace

The dishonesty of calling gang shootings, 'mass shootings' does you nor your anti-gun agenda any credit.

According to this site there have been 136 mass shootings so far this year.

Gun Violence Archive

I'm not sure what they are using as a definition of a mass shooting.

Sure you do. click on the provided link and it tells you. They're including gang violence and all shootings with multiple INJURIES. Not just deaths. So technically, if you shoot the two pizza guys while you rob the place, that's a 'mass shooting'.

Intellectually dishonest.

Tim-

You forgot "Registered Democrat" :p

According to this site there have been 136 mass shootings so far this year.

Gun Violence Archive

I'm not sure what they are using as a definition of a mass shooting.

That type of methodology has been discredited over and over again

Using 2013, the most recent year for which federal data is available, the Congressional Research Service found 25 mass shooting incidents -- far less than the 363 counted by Mass Shooting Tracker.

We looked for 2015 data for the federal definition of mass shootings, but it isn’t yet available. Based on its definitions, we would expect the total to be significantly lower than Mass Shooting Tracker, but we can’t say by how much.

USA Today has been tracking the data and found approximately 18 mass killings by firearms so far in 2015.

http://www.politifact.com/florida/s...ny-americans-have-been-killed-mass-shootings/

He's talking about the political implications.

13418941_956110467820498_7120544343599085781_n.jpg

They KNOW what I'm talking about and are deliberately ignoring it. Racism, insensitive right wing zealot sound much better to them when they re-read their poignant thoughts. :)

Tim-

Tim-

It always seems like in the early stages of these tragedies there are a lot of Democrats crossing their fingers hoping the shooter is a Christian, conservative Republican so that they can place the blame on Christians, Conservatives and Republicans. I remember when the Gabby Gifford shooting was all Sarah Palin's fault.

When it turns out to be a Muslim it's "how dare you place the blame on Muslims!"

It always seems like in the early stages of these tragedies there are a lot of Democrats crossing their fingers hoping the shooter is a Christian, conservative Republican so that they can place the blame on Christians, Conservatives and Republicans. I remember when the Gabby Gifford shooting was all Sarah Palin's fault.

When it turns out to be a Muslim it's "how dare you place the blame on Muslims!"

I think that what pisses them off the most though is that Trump University all over the MSM is now a thing of the past, Trump has his bashing machine set to full auto.

Tim-

Tim-

I just don't get the immediate need for the "but the Inquisition and Crusades" deflection. Is it wrong to condemn Islamic violence? Shoot, is it wrong to dislike a religion? Plenty of folks are anti Christian and nobody care about that except, maybe, fellow Christians. In fact, I hardly ever see condemnation of terrorism or oppression or violence aimed specifically at Christians (in other parts of the world) from anyone than other Christians. I hope my perception on this is wrong but it sometimes feels like Christians being killed is just no big deal to many who immediately spring to defend Islam at all cost.

Back
Top Bottom