• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I love when progressives get mixed messages

connect your own dots. For a nation that claims to have free speech and for a guy whose always on about the constitution you sure hate being disputed.

You don't seem to understand what free speech is.

Go ahead, ban all the races you like. It would not have prevented this.

We're banning races? Do tell.

In case you haven't noticed, you have a problem with guns getting into the hands of nut bars.

And as I have pointed out, so do you. You just have 11% the population of the US. We could start discussing per-state per-capita stats in the US if you like and find that many US states have less gun violence than Canada.

More people die from shootings in the US between one American and another than has ever died in terrorist attacks

And? Arguing that one thing happens more often than another isn't an argument for not addressing the former.

To be honest, no I was not offended by the OP. I get much more offended when Islamic violence is excused and justified and told how the victims are the ones to blame.

Who the hell has said the victims were to blame here? The imaginary liberals in your head?

Who the hell has said the victims were to blame here? The imaginary liberals in your head?

Nobody regarding this shooting, to be sure. I'm talking about situations, like the exhibit in Texas or pretty much any terrorist attack on Israel and the chorus that comes after that they, in some way, brought it on themselves and it's totally on the victims to figure out a way to not offend or provoke the misunderstood radicals. That particular chorus seems pretty quiet regarding this, though - wonder why.

No, it's really not.

No, it really is. In case you hadn't noticed, the frequency on Islamic terror attacks around the world has skyrocketed since 2013.

There were 20 such attacks in 2013, 39 in 2014, 118 in 2015, and 30 so far this year. The target and the timing fits the MO of Islamic terror attacks.

No, my post was an ironic presentation of YOUR straw man.

No, my argument wasn't a straw man. There are literally people (you included) trying to shame people for rightly guessing that the attack was by an Islamic radical terrorist as well as people incorrectly guessing that the attack was by someone pissed off about the transgender laws.

It isn't a straw man when it is actually happening.

Your attempt at an "ironic presentation" was actually a straw man because nobody has made that argument. Moreover, when challenged on it you stopped treating it like an "ironic presentation and tried to argue that it is actually true and refused to provide examples of you claim and just argued that I was "denying reality".

Nope. They pray that the atrocity is caused by a Muslim so they can have more reason to bitch about immigration, Muslims in general, Obama, climate change, or whatever it is that conservative are bitching about that particular day.

No, they don't. You refuse to provide evidence that any of this actually happens. It is nothing but a hobgoblin in your own mind.

No, liberals make an educated guess that when something violent happens... like the killing of an abortion doctor, killings by militant groups, etc... than it's probably some conservative who did it.

I'm sure they make an educated guess. They are just poorly educated.

Of course it does. See my examples above.

You didn't provide any examples. You provided scenarios that you pulled out of thin air.

We see, from your post, just what kind of denial your right wing hackery causes you to believe. Calling you on that denial is appropriate.

Hahah! You are the one living in a false reality, CC. You make things up and then expect people to take them as fact.

No, it really is. In case you hadn't noticed, the frequency on Islamic terror attacks around the world has skyrocketed since 2013.

There were 20 such attacks in 2013, 39 in 2014, 118 in 2015, and 30 so far this year. The target and the timing fits the MO of Islamic terror attacks.

No, it really isn't.

edabcbac468668be7b18e37940621a5e.jpg

ALL terrorism is still small beans compared to Americans shooting one another.

No, my argument wasn't a straw man.

It certainly was. A partisan hack strawman. Very easy to spot.

There are literally people (you included) trying to shame people for rightly guessing that the attack was by an Islamic radical terrorist as well as people incorrectly guessing that the attack was by someone pissed off about the transgender laws.

Then you haven't been paying attention. Firstly, I didn't try to "shame" anyone into guessing right. I really don't care if anyone guessed right or not. The entire purpose of my post was to demonstrate the hackish strawman that you made. Mission accomplished.

It isn't a straw man when it is actually happening.

Sure it is when it actually isn't happening.

Your attempt at an "ironic presentation" was actually a straw man because nobody has made that argument. Moreover, when challenged on it you stopped treating it like an "ironic presentation and tried to argue that it is actually true and refused to provide examples of you claim and just argued that I was "denying reality".

Incorrect. My ironic presentation was right on target and demonstrated your straw man because what you said was as accurate as what I said. Your denial that those on your side hope for a terrorist attack to be done by a Muslim just as strongly as those on the opposite side wishing for it to be done by a Christian is just that. Denial. Your straw man was just that. And you don't like the fact that it has just as much veracity as what I said.

No, they don't. You refuse to provide evidence that any of this actually happens. It is nothing but a hobgoblin in your own mind.

Of course they do. Read any thread the topic of this tragedy and you'll see it... unless your denial refuse to allow it. Conservatives couldn't wait for the blood to stop flowing to attack Obama, immigration, and Muslims. Again, the only issue here is your denial.

I'm sure they make an educated guess. They are just poorly educated.

Problem is that they are correct... making them better educated than conservatives who can't figure things like those out.

You didn't provide any examples. You provided scenarios that you pulled out of thin air.

Of course I did. You don't see it because you don't want to. That's why you made the first post that I responded to. It was a blind hack post.

Hahah! You are the one living in a false reality, CC. You make things up and then expect people to take them as fact.

No, I make accurate statements and point out straw men. I don't expect those who actually believe their own straw men to take them as fact. I just like pointing them out so that those who read those straw men will see them for what they are.

Back
Top Bottom