• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Love Police.. No I Hate Police.. No, I Love Police.. Minneapolis Residents Sue City Over Crime Spike Following George Floyd Riots

truthatallcost

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Agroup of eight Minneapolis residents now await a judge’s ruling after filing a lawsuit against the city for allegedly scaling back the police presence in their neighborhood in the months after the police killing of George Floyd and the unrest that followed.

Residents believe that, after the city council announced that they were disbanding the Minneapolis police department (MPD) in June, too many officers have been taken off the streets. They are arguing the reduction has contributed to an increase in violence and crime.

Minneapolis, like many other cities across the country, has struggled with violence this year. There have been over 4,000 violent crimes in 2020, including 65 homicides. Overall, violent crime is up 20% across the city compared to last year.

In the lawsuit, the residents cite the city’s high crime rates and say that it is the responsibility of city officials to keep people safe.

Who cleans up the mess left behind after the mindless left wing crowds have long gone home from their protests and riots? The police do. Personally, after watching the way that Minneapolis mayor Jacob Frey and the city council chose to side with the angry mob over the police & citizens, I think the Minneapolis police dept should have quit en masse, and let the city fall like Raqqa, Syria did to ISIS.

Back
Top Bottom