• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I Love it when the republicans shoot themselves in the foot.

Hahaha... The left has no feet thanks to shooting themselves repeatedly...

They're just trying to recover from Dean and Durbin. The only reason they're calling for a public apology is votes. They don't care about the people. Kerry proved this. He flipflopped to every popular issue so that he would get voted for. First pro-war, then against it. Look at his voting record.

At the very time our country yearns for national unity in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, these comments reflect a spirit of hate and division...

They should know. After all, they have taken the whole time of the recovery effort to try to convince people that Bush created the hurricane to kill all the black people in N.O. Yes, that has happened. And yes, people are stupid enough to believe it.

You love it when Republicans shoot themselves in the foot? Take a loot at the left. They do it all the time.

Nez Dragon said:

They're just trying to recover from Dean and Durbin. The only reason they're calling for a public apology is votes. They don't care about the people. Kerry proved this. He flipflopped to every popular issue so that he would get voted for. First pro-war, then against it. Look at his voting record.

They should know. After all, they have taken the whole time of the recovery effort to try to convince people that Bush created the hurricane to kill all the black people in N.O. Yes, that has happened. And yes, people are stupid enough to believe it.

You love it when Republicans shoot themselves in the foot? Take a loot at the left. They do it all the time.

Dean and Durbin do not compare to what the neocons behave. Your statements are absurd. I will agree that people are foolish into believing these stories, but then again when they are fed a bunch of lies by Bushie, they get used to it and start believing the lies are the truth. How do you think he became prez.

Nez Dragon said:

“But I do know that it’s true that if you wanted to reduce crime, you could, if that were your sole purpose, you could abort every black baby in this country, and your crime rate would go down,” Bennett said.

He went on to call that “an impossible, ridiculous and morally reprehensible thing to do, but your crime rate would go down. So these far-out, these far-reaching, extensive extrapolations are, I think, tricky.”

First of all, what Durbin said is accurate. I am disgusted at how our military has treated some detainees. It made us look horrible. As for Dean, if the shoe fits....

So those statments above are objectively offensive.

And crazy, I love it when they shoot themselves in the foot too. Isn't it interesting that when they do, it seems to relate to racist remarks? They are incapable of hiding their true colors.

You see, the president has more guts than the liberals. He at least will stand up to someone in his own party that makes a stupid comment.

wxcrazytwo said:
Dean and Durbin do not compare to what the neocons behave. Your statements are absurd. I will agree that people are foolish into believing these stories, but then again when they are fed a bunch of lies by Bushie, they get used to it and start believing the lies are the truth. How do you think he became prez.
That's one for my neo-con counter!

first off, Kerry was a democrat. second, i think i would rather have a candidate who was solid on the issues,took a stance one way or another instead of taking one side and then the other.

first off, Kerry was a democrat. second, i think i would rather have a candidate who was solid on the issues,took a stance one way or another instead of taking one side and then the other.

I would rather have a retarded monkey in office than Bush.

t125eagle said:

Me too! I want a candidate who refuses to change his position no matter how much the facts change. I want someone who refuses to listen to anyone and go with what he wants and doesn't give a rat's a$$ about what is right. I want a candidate who will do whatever it takes to get people go see his position on issues, including risking his integrity.

You see, eagle, we both want the same person. :lol: :lol:

FinnMacCool said:
I would rather have a retarded monkey in office than Bush.
And you almost got it, in 2000, almost.

aps said:
Me too! I want a candidate who refuses to change his position no matter how much the facts change. I want someone who refuses to listen to anyone and go with what he wants and doesn't give a rat's a$$ about what is right. I want a candidate who will do whatever it takes to get people go see his position on issues, including risking his integrity.

You see, eagle, we both want the same person. :lol: :lol:

I would rather the candidate go with what is right and not cater to his more vehement constituents right or left.

akyron said:
I would rather the candidate go with what is right and not cater to his more vehement constituents right or left.
Nail on the head...

Right and unpopular over wrong and popular everyday of the week...We learned that lesson with the last guy...

cnredd said:
Nail on the head...

Right and unpopular over wrong and popular everyday of the week...We learned that lesson with the last guy...

I agree too. Russell Feingold voted against the war even though he was in the minority. He also voted for John Roberts. This is a man who votes his conscience, which I admire.

Right and popular over wrong and unpopular would be even better. ;)

Back on topic....

The comments made were pretty inane. He did "justify" them by claiming he was proving a point about how abortion shouldn't be used for racist policies just as much as it shouldn't be used for economic purposes. Realistically, you can't have NO abortion, but that's a different topic to discuss.

You do have to take note that he is speaking on a radio show, he's got a time limit, and he's gotta say SOMETHING. It would be unwise to crucify him, but his comment was pretty dumb.

As for the monkey in office, clearly we have plenty to go around, on both sides :doh .

t125eagle said:
second, i think i would rather have a candidate who was solid on the issues,took a stance one way or another instead of taking one side and then the other.
Like bush, the flip-flopper. What was it he said originally, that if anybody in his administration was involved in revealing undercover CIA agents, they would be fired.

Oh, but wait, Rove still works there. yes, a flip-flopper.

steen said:
Like bush, the flip-flopper. What was it he said originally, that if anybody in his administration was involved in revealing undercover CIA agents, they would be fired.

Has Rove been found guilty of that, steen?

I applaud what Rep. Earl Pomeroy, North Dakota Democrat, said last week.
"My words to Howard Dean are simple -- shut up!" :clap:

steen said:

Actually, what Bush said was that anyone involved would be "taken care of." It could be argued that "taken care of" does not mean fired. Although, it has been shown that Rove was "involved." So what has been done to Rove?

We definitely understood what Bush was saying as to "involvement." Scott McClellan stated that neither Rove nor Libby was involved in the leaking classified information. We know for a fact that both of them spoke to reporters about her and that her status at the CIA was "classified" (which is different than covert). Hence, they had involvement.

So then Bush changes his stance to anyone guilty of a crime will no longer work for him. Oh brother. :roll:

I do believe that Rove will be indicted. That would make Bush winning the 2004 election worth it for me.

I wonder if bushie would've said anything at all had the former education secretary said means other than abortion.

Do you aps and jpuh feel constipated?

Back
Top Bottom