• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I like this guy. He's a pretty cool cat.

I wish him well. He's got his work cut out for him. NJ-9 is a solid Democratic district, and he's running against a guy who's been in Congress since 1996. He's also going to outspend Prempeh 30:1

D+16 district. This dude's election was doomed before it started.

D+16 district. This dude's election was doomed before it started.

That is what many Democrats said about Joe Biden after his pathetic vote tallies in Iowa and New Hampshire.

George Bush did not get a declaration of war.

Robert Torricelli's old district. Hasn't gone red since the early 80s.

He is a cool guy. I'd love to hang with him.

George Bush did not get a declaration of war.

What else do you call Congress voting for a war to happen and George Bush announcing on national television he will do it?

What else do you call Congress voting for a war to happen and George Bush announcing on national television he will do it?

A declaration of war is a specific act, which confers specific powers (blockade, etc).

Congress wimped out and said "we'll let the president decide." Not the same thing. We haven't declared war since 1941.

A declaration of war is a specific act, which confers specific powers (blockade, etc).

Congress wimped out and said "we'll let the president decide." Not the same thing. We haven't declared war since 1941.

Wrong. We declared war on Vietnam much later.

I will never forgive George Bush for letting Congress drag its feet, allowing our military to lose track of where the responsible terrorist was hiding, because the next day he knew who did it. There was no reason for Bush to wait until October 7, nearly a month after the terrorists said they did it,. The Vietnam War was stupid. The Iraq War was stupid. But he badly screwed up on not declaring war the week of September 9, 2001.

Last edited:
Don't want to go further off topic, but want to correct this error. "The last time the United States formally declared war, using specific terminology, on any nation was in 1942, when war was declared against Axis-allied Hungary, Bulgaria, and Romania, because President Franklin Roosevelt thought it was improper to engage in hostilities against a country without a formal declaration of war. Since then, every American president has used military force without a declaration of war." Wikipedia

I will never forgive George Bush for letting Congress drag its feet, allowing our military to lose track of where the responsible terrorist was hiding, because the next day he knew who did it. There was no reason for Bush to wait until October 7, nearly a month after the terrorists said they did it,. The Vietnam War was stupid. The Iraq War was stupid. But he badly screwed up on not declaring war the week of September 9, 2001.

I disagree. War wasn't needed in Afghanistan. Those folks turn coat to the highest bidder all the time and Bin Laden would've been out of the picture in no time had we waved the cash and black-opt the mission. Instead we said, "HERE WE COME!!!!!" which gave them plenty of time to hide and prep their guerrilla campaign.

Back
Top Bottom