• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I like Fauci but should he also be discredited?

Science is not perfect. We are always learning new things and revising the old. But it’s the best we got. No, a reality TV star doesn’t know better.

Should Biden win, you all won't mind Biden being called an ex Senator then?

Being an expert in virology does not hint or imply one is an expert in an unknown virus cure or prevention.

Fauci is the gold standard of Democrats. No matter what he says, they love him so refuse to ever criticise him.

This article looks into that so read it and opine please.

Fact-Checking Fauci – AIER

LOL, where in the world were you for the so called "lockdown". If NY, then OK you saw a lockdown. The rest of us had only guidelines from health experts that are, and have been, attacked by Trump.

Fauci is a fraud. He is more interested in than in public health. He is more interested in bureaucratic enhancement than in public health.

That is the political rhetoric of those people who are pushing a paranoid agenda, and is not backed up with anything but pure emotion and irrational behavior.

LOL, where in the world were you for the so called "lockdown". If NY, then OK you saw a lockdown. The rest of us had only guidelines from health experts that are, and have been, attacked by Trump.

Well said.

I am a Michigander and our state was hit hard in March also.

Our Governor was very proactive. We were one of the last upper midwest states to have any cases. On March 10 Governor Whitmer called a state of Emergency . She said all K - 12 Schools were to temporarily close March 13 for 3 weeks. ( actually the ended up remaining closed for the rest of the school year.)

Still Covid cases were climbing rapidly.

Two weeks later she locked the state down except for essential workers.

Except she called it : stay safe, stay home. And she let us know that did not man we had to hide inside our homes. We could go out for essential items. We could take the dog for walk , bike or exercise ,Work or play in the yard etc. we just need to keep social distance from anyone who was not a member of our immediate household. According to cell phone data Michigan got an A for staying home and staying safe.

Here’s a timeline of cases:

March 10: Michigan’s first two cases of COVID-19 are confirmed in patients from Wayne and Oakland counties. Whitmer declares a state of emergency in Michigan. It is the first of 32 executive orders she will enact in a span of 24 days.

March 13: President Trump declares a national emergency. By executive order, Whitmer closes Michigan schools and prohibits gatherings of more than 250 people until April 5. In a separate order, Whitmer restricts access to healthcare facilities, nursing homes and juvenile justice facilities. Confirmed cases in Michigan: 25.

March 14: Confirmed cases in Michigan: 33.

March 16:. Confirmed cases in Michigan: 53.

March 17: Confirmed cases in Michigan: 65.

March 18: Confirmed cases 80.

March 19: Confirmed cases in Michigan: 324

March 20: Confirmed cases in Michigan: 549.

March 21: Confirmed cases in Michigan: 786.

March 22: Confirmed cases in Michigan: 1,035.

March 23: Whitmer issues a stay-at-home order for Michigan residents except for those who work in essential industries or are obtaining critical supplies such as food and gas. The order also prohibits gatherings beyond the people living in a single household, with certain exceptions. Michigan hospitals begin to fill with coronavirus patients amid equipment shortages. Confirmed cases in Michigan: 1,328.

March 24: Confirmed cases in Michigan: 1,791.

Last edited:
Thanks for the well wishes. Politeness is like having a peanut butter and Jam sandwich. A bit of brown with sweetness and you have a kids sandwich.

Anyway, Germany is like a state here in the USA. This explains how Democratic Gov Cuomo has such lousy figures but my Governor in ID has excellent figures and even in Hawaii where my kids live, they live where there is 0 deaths (Kauai County). Course due to that my daughter had to cancel her wedding until next year.

When I hear Europe, my mind reminds me we have 50 of them contained in the USA, all with self governance.

Hi!

Thank you for your response.

There's still a question here. It's this: Why does Germany have a current rate of Civid-assigned deaths 20 times fewer than the US, adjusted for population?

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

PS. Politeness is, I would think, a natural outcome of respect for a fellow H. sapiens. Neither more nor, for that matter, less.

This is Dr Fauci

1979:*Arthur S. Flemming Award[46]1993: Honorary Doctor of Science,*Bates College[47]1995:*Ernst Jung Prize*(shared with Samuel A. Wells, Jr.)[48]1995: Honorary Doctor of Science,*Duke University[49]1996: Honorary Doctor of Science,*Colgate University[50]1999: Honorary Doctor of Public Service Degree,*Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania[51]2002:*Albany Medical Center Prize[52]2003:*American Academy of Achievement's Golden Plate Award[53]2005:*National Medal of Science[54]2005:*American Association of Immunologists Lifetime Achievement Award[55]2007:*Mary Woodard Lasker Public Service Award[56]2007:*George M. Kober Medal,*Association of American Physicians[6]2008:*Presidential Medal of Freedom[53]2013:*UCSF*medal*[57]2013:*Robert Koch Gold Medal[58]2013:*Prince Mahidol Award[59]2015: Honorary Degree, Johns Hopkins University*[60]2016:*John Dirks Canada Gairdner Global Health Award[61]2018: Honorary Doctor of Science, commencement speaker,*American University[62]2018: Honorary Doctor of Science, Boston University[63]

In addition to receiving an honorary degree in 2015, Fauci was invited to deliver guest remarks on May 21, 2020, for The Johns Hopkins University Class of 2020.[64]*Other notable guest speakers during the virtual ceremony included*Reddit*co-founder and commencement speaker*Alexis Ohanian; philanthropist and former New York City mayor*Michael R. Bloomberg; and senior class president Pavan Patel.[65]

This is Dr Fauci

1979:*Arthur S. Flemming Award[46]1993: Honorary Doctor of Science,*Bates College[47]1995:*Ernst Jung Prize*(shared with Samuel A. Wells, Jr.)[48]1995: Honorary Doctor of Science,*Duke University[49]1996: Honorary Doctor of Science,*Colgate University[50]1999: Honorary Doctor of Public Service Degree,*Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania[51]2002:*Albany Medical Center Prize[52]2003:*American Academy of Achievement's Golden Plate Award[53]2005:*National Medal of Science[54]2005:*American Association of Immunologists Lifetime Achievement Award[55]2007:*Mary Woodard Lasker Public Service Award[56]2007:*George M. Kober Medal,*Association of American Physicians[6]2008:*Presidential Medal of Freedom[53]2013:*UCSF*medal*[57]2013:*Robert Koch Gold Medal[58]2013:*Prince Mahidol Award[59]2015: Honorary Degree, Johns Hopkins University*[60]2016:*John Dirks Canada Gairdner Global Health Award[61]2018: Honorary Doctor of Science, commencement speaker,*American University[62]2018: Honorary Doctor of Science, Boston University[63]

In addition to receiving an honorary degree in 2015, Fauci was invited to deliver guest remarks on May 21, 2020, for The Johns Hopkins University Class of 2020.[64]*Other notable guest speakers during the virtual ceremony included*Reddit*co-founder and commencement speaker*Alexis Ohanian; philanthropist and former New York City mayor*Michael R. Bloomberg; and senior class president Pavan Patel.[65]

This is Trump

Honorary degree from Trump U. Big reader of pamphlets and stuff.

That's a very silly claim. He's liked because he uses science, and is more concerned about facts than politics. Medical advice should not have a political bias.
Yet his medical advice is conveniently partisan.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The expression is 'toe the line'; (step up to the mark). Nothing to do with pulling. The rest of your post is abject nonsense. Fauci worked with Reagan, Bush and four other presidents from both sides of the aisle, or did you conveniently forget? You are very fortunate you have someone like him to counter Trump's lies and challenge him.
No I have not forgotten that he has worked under decades of administrations both republican and democratic. That does not change anything I said. The left would be digging their fangs into him if his recommendations contradicted with their orthodoxy. Progressives are not any more loyal to him than are conservatives. He is a political pawn that, in chess terms, got promoted to maybe a bishop or a knight.
Until I saw him obfuscate direct questions in from Congress I gave him the benefit of doubt.
When he failed to voice health concerns about the protesters gathering in masses and claiming it was because he didnt inject jis opinions in politivs when he is constantly out there voicing his concerns of lots of other types of mass gatherings, that was the moment I decided he was playing to an audience and not acting in good faith.
Have you noticed how faucis opinions keep shifting as opinions on the left shift.

Prove he is partisan

I'll wait
Im not sure that I can prove it. It is my opinion. If you go up a voiple of posts I explain why my opinion is what it is to snakestrecther.
That being said I can turn the tables on you and ask why you think his opinions are not partisan. How do you explain why he wont condemn mass gatherings on the left but has condemned them on the right on more than one ocassion. If its not partisan then whats your explanation?

Being an expert in virology does not hint or imply one is an expert in an unknown virus cure or prevention.

Fauci is the gold standard of Democrats. No matter what he says, they love him so refuse to ever criticise him.

This article looks into that so read it and opine please.

Fact-Checking Fauci – AIER

Trump is the discredited one...although he didn’t really have a reputation to trash, having done that the last 30 years.

Im not sure that I can prove it. It is my opinion. If you go up a voiple of posts I explain why my opinion is what it is to snakestrecther.
That being said I can turn the tables on you and ask why you think his opinions are not partisan. How do you explain why he wont condemn mass gatherings on the left but has condemned them on the right on more than one ocassion. If its not partisan then whats your explanation?

I do not have to explain a negative. If you have no other are partisan your claim is dismissed. He condemns all mass gatherings. All of them

I do not have to explain a negative. If you have no other are partisan your claim is dismissed. He condemns all mass gatherings. All of them
Fauci suggests protests spread COVID-19, but won’t ‘opine’ on limits in hearing clash with Jordan | Fox News
Sticking your fingers in your ears is certainly your preogative but hiding from reality does not make it go away.
Jordan threw him a softball question and instead of swinging, Fauci stepped out of the batters box

Fauci knew no more about COV 19 than any Democrat knows. Even today there is no proven cure (per Democrats) and no vaccine. Hard to use science on his part given those problems.

Also, despite claims made by Democrats, Fauci supports the efforts of Trump to try to help this country whip CV19.

Fauci supports Trump’s efforts to help the country but he does not support Trump’s efforts to hurt the country. Efforts like Trump’s anti mask position, his anti testing position or his liberate stance which encouraged states to open up without following guidelines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is the political rhetoric of those people who are pushing a paranoid agenda, and is not backed up with anything but pure emotion and irrational behavior.

A supposed public health crisis has been delivered couched in political rhetoric and strong fear-mongering. I didn't start it, Anthony did.

That's a curious reinterpretation of his expertise.

Anthony and Tedros have experienced massive slippage of their expertise. Reality bites. They've been wrong more than they've been right.

Fauci supports Trump’s efforts to help the country but he does not support Trump’s efforts to hurt the country. Efforts like Trump’s anti mask position, his anti testing position or his liberate stance which encouraged states to open up without following guidelines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That burbling sound in the above post is no brook running.

the problem is not Trump.

Want to read the problems?

Disease has no cure.
Disease was unknown.
Disease was concealed from Trump by China.
So Trump impose a travel ban vs China.

There were only X good masks available. Fauci told Trump to keep those for the professionals. And why would well people need masks they reasoned.
Trump also has had the problem with tests but not as you speak. His problem early on there were not enough and none were quick result tests.
Trump put a task force together which took on all problems and Trump went by the groups experts recommendations and informed us what those were.

There is no proof that in groups where all are well that they need masks. Not even today.

I was out camping over a week ago for 4 days. I saw not one person camping using masks. We had our masks in the front of the PU just in case we needed them. We are home and not ill. My son is 60 and I am 82 in several days. We are not fearful. If you fear the disease, take precautions.

We do not blame Trump for other diseases. Time to stop laying the blame on him for this disease.

More die daily due to Heart disease and Cancer. I expect democrats to blame Trump for that too.

Had it happened to Biden, you never would put up with such abuse of the president. And I am sure Biden won't replace Trump.

A supposed public health crisis has been delivered couched in political rhetoric and strong fear-mongering. I didn't start it, Anthony did.

Then prove it

Back
Top Bottom