• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Knew It, IT'S BUSH'S FAULT!!!!

His main argument isn't so much that it's Bush's fault, but that it's OK now because it's Obama and not Bush.

But isn't that the way the Progressive Machine has taught people to think?

since most of them have an attention span of a cocker spaniel it baffles me how deep it has taken root...

His main argument isn't so much that it's Bush's fault, but that it's OK now because it's Obama and not Bush.

Oh that's reassuring...

I think the actual point was that people are worried about making the same mistake with Syria that we did with Iraq. There's good reason for that.

You ginned up a war that:

-killed 6000+ GI's
-Left tens of thousands seriously wounded
-Slaughtered 100,000 innocent Iraqis
-Destroyed a country's infrastructure
-left a generation uneducated after 10 years of war
-Ushered in a regime that now make life for women in Iraq ...worst than it was under Saddam
-Squandered $Trillions of Tax payers money

.....and you think this is funny??

Do you people think anybody is going to just ...laugh off the destruction caused by that war?
Do you actually think you were just going to call yourselves ...TEA PURTY ...and people would forget who you people really are?

What else is on the minds of not just Americans ...but just about every other nation that was drawn in to the LIES ...to invade Iraq?

The Iraq war buddy will go down as the biggest American blunder in your lifetime ....by far...and it's fully owned by the right-wing....no matter who else voted for it.
You may get away saying it was an American war to foreigners .....but in America .....the Iraq war ...is a republican war...and stamped with the name Bush!!

I think the actual point was that people are worried about making the same mistake with Syria that we did with Iraq. There's good reason for that.

His attitude being that those worries are actually unfounded.

-killed 6000+ GI's
-Ushered in a regime that now make life for women in Iraq ...worst than it was under Saddam

Do you people think anybody is going to just ...laugh off the destruction caused by that war?
Do you actually think you were just going to call yourselves ...TEA PURTY ...and people would forget who you people really are?

What else is on the minds of not just Americans ...but just about every other nation that was drawn in to the LIES ...to invade Iraq?

The Iraq war buddy will go down as the biggest American blunder in your lifetime ....by far...and it's fully owned by the right-wing....no matter who else voted for it.
You may get away saying it was an American war to foreigners .....but in America .....the Iraq war ...is a republican war...and stamped with the name Bush!!

But we are talking about Obama and Syria....:roll:

But we are talking about Obama and Syria....:roll:

Article title="People Are Freaking Out About Syria Because Of Bush And Iraq"

....attention span of a cocker spaniel :lamo

So no one is hesitating to intervene in Syria because of what took place in Iraq ?

Last edited:

I look at it completely differently. People are being incredibly skeptical on why we have to go in and start attacking this country and that is in large part because of Bush and Iraq. However, I think it's a good thing. We should be giving these decisions this much thought. It's not Bush's fault per se, because I don't think it's a bad thing.

However, if you're trying to argue that Bush's Iraq war makes no difference in our decision making on Syria, that would be one of the dumbest claims ever made on these forums.

-killed 6000+ GI's

This is what happens when in live the Fox bubble ....what else is on the minds of people?

Obama is getting push back from2main groups:

1) The right wing who prefers Satan to Obama and oppose him on every and all things
2) People who don't want to repeat the Iraq mistake ...people.

The British people rejected this strike ...100% because of Iraq.

Article title="People Are Freaking Out About Syria Because Of Bush And Iraq"

....attention span of a cocker spaniel :lamo

So no one is hesitating to intervene in Syria because of what took place in Iraq ?

The last person that posted that video couldnt seem to answer the question...maybe you can take a swing at it. What happened to all those chemical weapons that all those elected democrats from 1992 to 2004 were talking about? And why was it necessary for the UN to pass SEVENTEEN resolutions attempting to force Saddam into providing an accounting for those chemical weapons that the UN inspectors inventoried and catalogued after the first gulf war?

He makes a valid, albeit partisan point. The management and popularity (or lack thereof) of the Iraq War will likely shape the average Americans viewpoint on intervening in the region for years to come. It could be argued that even earlier conflicts (Vietnam namely) still have the same effect.

-killed 6000+ GI's

I think the US losses were in the neighborhood of a little over 4,000, a very small impact as war goes [ noting that all loss of life in war hurts especially the families of the valiant men and women who volunteer to go out and defend us ]... however if you look at loss of life total in the military under a fairly peaceful Bill Clinton and under two wars of Bush, you find very little difference.

We threw out for good an evil dictator, also his two evil sons.
Stopped forever his threats to neighbors and this important region
Freed an entire people from under totalitarian restraints
We democratized a country in the middle east...a starting point [noting that any gain may have been squandered under the current administration]
We identified the AQKhan network illicitly providing nuke proliferation, pretty much shut it down
Capture of Saddam encourages Libyan leader Gaddafi to voluntarily give up his WMDs to the US and Britain
Sent a message that we mean what we say [ again, squandered by this administration ]
By far most of the killing of Iraqis was done by fellow Iraqis, which was going on before and will go on after

Can you provide evidence of just how bad, worse, it is for women now than before? Or of the destruction of the infrastructure and educational systems in Iraq? The good certainly outweighed the bad, at least when GW left office. And there is no doubt that the democracy movements in the region were not really there before... now some may not consider that a good thing, but its a start...the democracy movement in Germany didn't really start out fantastically either, but look where it is now.

We have squandered 5 trillion more than we have taken in over the last 5 years under the Obama Admin, at least we had some gains spending the 3T under GW

His attitude being that those worries are actually unfounded.

I didn't get that, but that would be the wrong way to look at it. I think that's exactly why public opinion is swinging the way it is, though.

The last person that posted that video couldnt seem to answer the question...maybe you can take a swing at it. What happened to all those chemical weapons that all those elected democrats from 1992 to 2004 were talking about? And why was it necessary for the UN to pass SEVENTEEN resolutions attempting to force Saddam into providing an accounting for those chemical weapons that the UN inspectors inventoried and catalogued after the first gulf war?

Well, according to many conservatives those weapons ended up in Syria....hmmm....I guess there's no need to worry about them now is there?

I think the US losses were in the neighborhood of a little over 4,000, a very small impact as war goes [ noting that all loss of life in war hurts especially the families of the valiant men and women who volunteer to go out and defend us ]... however if you look at loss of life total in the military under a fairly peaceful Bill Clinton and under two wars of Bush, you find very little difference.

Those statistics are so very comforting the thousands of family members out there who lost someone in that ill gotten war.
Not to mention the ten's of thousands living with debilitating wounds....such comforting words to hear.

We threw out for good an evil dictator, also his two evil sons.
Stopped forever his threats to neighbors and this important region
Freed an entire people from under totalitarian restraints

...And in the process created a recruiting magnet for Al Quida ....that left a very insecure country. The cameras aren't there anymore ...but even today we still see these mass car bombings killing 50...60..people a clip. This is what Iraq is today ...after 10 years of war .....the truth is for the average Iraqi ...things were better with Saddam around.

We democratized a country in the middle east...a starting point [noting that any gain may have been squandered under the current administration]

Hah-hah-hah....HAHHH ....good job!! Iraq will be the next place to visit on my short list of vacation spots....:lamo

We identified the AQKhan network illicitly providing nuke proliferation, pretty much shut it down
Capture of Saddam encourages Libyan leader Gaddafi to voluntarily give up his WMDs to the US and Britain
Sent a message that we mean what we say [ again, squandered by this administration ]

You sent a message all right ...it was so loud and so clear to Brits ....last week the voted NO for the Syria stike ...based on the memory from your Iraqi message.

And ...BTW...there is no WMD ...the world knows that ....that's a story only for the fox news bubble!

By far most of the killing of Iraqis was done by fellow Iraqis, which was going on before and will go on after

The killing was done by America ...who went into a relatively stable country and created instability. Had the US not invade that country ....100,000 Iraqi would be alive today.

Can you provide evidence of just how bad, worse, it is for women now than before? Or of the destruction of the infrastructure and educational systems in Iraq? The good certainly outweighed the bad, at least when GW left office. And there is no doubt that the democracy movements in the region were not really there before... now some may not consider that a good thing, but its a start...the democracy movement in Germany didn't really start out fantastically either, but look where it is now.

Women have far less power and security in Iraq today than they had when Saddam was around ....go do your own research.

And prior to the invasion ...Iraq had one of the more educated population in the region ....after ten years America not only killed the current generation by saw to it the next generation grew up in an abnormal environment. The average 15 year old in Iraq today see more killing and blood shed than they see books.

We have squandered 5 trillion more than we have taken in over the last 5 years under the Obama Admin, at least we had some gains spending the 3T under GW

Obama inherited Bush mess ...not just Iraq war ...but an economy is dire shape . Like I said ...in the FOX news bubble ....Bush wasn't a bad president ....in the real world there is no one worst! And before I go ...Bush-ism isn't over ...come 2016 ....that will again be front and center...that's how bad Bush was.

Yeah, I'm sorry, but I am among those that is caught amused at how many, regularly hawkish, commentators seem to be enlightened and restrained this time around.

Well, according to many conservatives those weapons ended up in Syria....hmmm....I guess there's no need to worry about them now is there?
Thats very much NOT an answer, is it?

Demokrats in an attempt to bring down a popular president did an about face on their votes to send troops to war in Iraq. A pure political move.

The Demokrats lied (except one lone wolf... Joe Lieberman) about being lied to. I recall Code Pink visiting Hillary Clinton and her defense wasn't just what the intel services provided members of Congress... no, no, no... she invoked her privileged knowledge during Felonious Bill's time at the helm.

So... if they wrongly want to invoke Iraq 2... they have only themselves to blame for their treasonous lying behavior.

Carville is full of it...

Obama's problem is of his own making. He made a Red Line, he has failed to show leadership, like Carville he is playing a blame game, and Obama is a proven liar on serious matters. Exhibit A: Benghazi.

zimmer-albums-conservitoons-picture67152874-evolution-ever-shrinking-obama.jpg

Those statistics are so very comforting the thousands of
family members out there who lost someone in that ill gotten war.
Not to mention the ten's of thousands living with debilitating wounds....such comforting words to hear.

...And in the process created a recruiting magnet for Al Quida ....that left a very insecure country. The cameras aren't there anymore ...but even today we still see these mass car bombings killing 50...60..people a clip. This is what Iraq is today ...after 10 years of war .....the truth is for the average Iraqi ...things were better with Saddam around.

Hah-hah-hah....HAHHH ....good job!! Iraq will be the next place to visit on my short list of vacation spots....:lamo

You sent a message all right ...it was so loud and so clear to Brits ....last week the voted NO for the Syria stike ...based on the memory from your Iraqi message.

And ...BTW...there is no WMD ...the world knows that ....that's a story only for the fox news bubble!

The killing was done by America ...who went into a relatively stable country and created instability. Had the US not invade that country ....100,000 Iraqi would be alive today.

Women have far less power and security in Iraq today than they had when Saddam was around ....go do your own research.

And prior to the invasion ...Iraq had one of the more educated population in the region ....after ten years America not only killed the current generation by saw to it the next generation grew up in an abnormal environment. The average 15 year old in Iraq today see more killing and blood shed than they see books.

Obama inherited Bush mess ...not just Iraq war ...but an economy is dire shape . Like I said ...in the FOX news bubble ....Bush wasn't a bad president ....in the real world there is no one worst! And before I go ...Bush-ism isn't over ...come 2016 ....that will again be front and center...that's how bad Bush was.

Bush's mess...how stupid and Clinton was threatening military action in 1998 over Saddam's WMDs.

Not to mention the Democrats voted for the resolution...blaming Bush, how desperately pathetic.

Your just susceptable to plattitides and democrat lies, thats NOT Bush's fault. Thats yours.

And what Obama " inherited" and made worse was the effects of a Democrat Mandated Sub-Prime bubble.

Do some homework next time, or have someone think for you because your just making a fool out of yourself.

Those statistics are so very comforting the thousands of family members out there who lost someone in that ill gotten war.
Ummm…you just repeated pretty much what I just typed before you…

...And in the process created a recruiting magnet for Al Qaeda ....that left a very insecure country. The cameras aren't there anymore ...but even today we still see these mass car bombings killing 50...60..people a clip. This is what Iraq is today ...after 10 years of war .....the truth is for the average Iraqi ...things were better with Saddam around.
AQ does its recruiting just fine on its own…and actually, with the Anbar Awakening, much more of the Arab/Muslim world "woke up", more saw Al Qaeda for what they really were and those in Anbar became allies with us, the US, against Al Qaeda.

So you really do not follow this too closely I see. Or maybe too nuanced for you?

The “but even today” just highlights my point…Obama, the foreign policy boob, has completely squandered and wasted what was achieved under Bush, just let it slip from our fingers, disgracing those that did sacrifice their all in our, America’s, behalf… I am sure that is comforting to all the families that lost loved ones, that have wounded that gave so much so we could have, now only could have, accomplished so much in the Middle East for once. That is just a pure unadulterated shame.

Then count in all those poor people in Iraq, abandoned when they were on the cusp, with US protection, of nurturing those two gifts we had tried to give them, democracy and a peace with which to attempt it.

Hah-hah-hah....HAHHH ....good job!! Iraq will be the next place to visit on my short list of vacation spots....
Again, under Bush maybe, no longer, not under the boob.

Another again, Bush was able to muster support…nobody, not even our formerly strongest allies, trust us anymore…thank you boobama. What an embarrassing massive screwup we elected… everyone in the world knows it except him and your side here…what a joke, a crying shame….

Gaddafi had no WMDs to give up? I am sure that would be, if he were still alive, a confusing statement to him. :confused: And here is a guy, a formerly recalcitrant Arab leader that got the Bush message, that was finally coming along, working with us, and what message do we send to those willing to work with us, at least now under the boobama doctrine… go ahead and kill him, we will even help you defang him and make it easier… you think others will come along willingly now, now that they have seen the Mubarak and Gaddafi examples of how we just hang out to dry people who are more willing to work with us? Think Assad didn't see that example? What has he got to lose now?

Uh huh…Saddam was not killing his own folks? His folks were the ones killing the Iraqis after we went in also [ they were the insurgents, most of the killing was done between insurgents, A-Q and the other muslims they were fighting against…just like the violence now…Saddam was like Assad is today…how many has Assad been assumed to have killed…about 100,000….hmmm…makes a thinking person wonder….does it make you wonder?

Nah, I knew you didn’t have the goods…you prove your own points or just let them bleed to death on the battlefield… weren’t worth fighting for cause we know it’s not true.

Uh yeah…uh huh.

I don’t watch any TV, so you can dispense with the left wing fox meme…you seem, from what you have given hint of here, to have no real sense of history, no facts, just leftist lib talking points…but trooper on, seems so so brilliant…ha ha ha…and still blaming good old Bush, not putting forth the accomplishments of Obama I see, as there are none, so beat up on the old scapegoat…what a joke party.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom