• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I just woke up & discovered it's 1965! "How you don't believe we're on the eve of..."

Has today's G.O.P. positioned itself better as "the party for the future" for 1965 or for 2022 ?

• Wow! When you first woke, it must have seemed like a nightmare

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TDS !

• We believe in limited government and personal responsibility, law and order, always timely,

• Total voters

Lady of the house wonderin' where it's gonna stop
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"...Ah, you may leave here for four days in space
But when you return, it's the same old place
The poundin' of the drums, the pride and disgrace
You can bury your dead, but don't leave a trace
Hate your next door neighbor but don't forget to say grace.."

Living in Texas in March, 2022 :

The map of state governments deliberately resisting expanding health insurance to all residents
with income below 138 percent of poverty level shortly after Donald Trump announced his presidential candidacy

State_Medicaid_Expansion_Figure.PNG

Government jurisdictions with the highest per capita incarceration rates in the world,
51994265375_c4ff2c204d_b.jpg

"More cops," Rucker61 ? LOL, won't that result in even more incarcerations?-snip-
In Massachusetts, 275 per 100,000, in New Jersey, 341, in New York, 376, in Connecticut, 394.

What do those four states do that Georgia does not do? Hint: the answer is not, "hire more cops".

States of Incarceration: The Global Context 2021 - Prison ...

https://www.prisonpolicy.org › global
Not only does the U.S. have the highest incarceration rate in the world; every single U.S. state incarcerates more people per capita than virtually any ...

Last edited:
Oh. It's another "throw a bunch of shit against the wall and see what sticks" thread by post.

Moving on...

Oh. It's another "throw a bunch of shit against the wall and see what sticks" thread by post.

Moving on...
To where, 1861, 1919, or 1970? Will adults be able to legally drink, will women enjoy the right to vote?

April 8, 2022

"Police in Starr County on the Texas-Mexico border have arrested and charged a woman with murder for allegedly performing what they called a “self-induced abortion.”

The Starr County Sheriff's Office arrested 26-year-old Lizelle Herrera on Thursday. TPR confirmed Friday night that Herrera was in the custody of the Starr County Sheriff’s Office with bond set at $500,000. By Saturday night, Herrera was released from custody.

The Starr County grand jury's indictment, dated March 30, stated that Herrera "did then and there intentionally and knowingly cause the death of an individual J.A.H. by a self-induced abortion."..."

Woman in Texas Charged With Murder in Connection With ‘Self-Induced Abortion’​

Whether the woman had the abortion or was aiding one was unclear.
April 9, 2022
"...
he indictment comes months after the Texas Legislature passed several restrictions on abortion.

The charge also comes amid expectations that the Supreme Court will soon overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling that established a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion and that prohibited states from banning the procedure before a fetus is viable outside the womb, which is currently about 23 weeks of pregnancy.."

mr-peabody-and-sherman.jpg

Last edited:
To where, 1861, 1919, or 1970? Will adults be able to legally drink, will women enjoy the right to vote?

April 8, 2022

"Police in Starr County on the Texas-Mexico border have arrested and charged a woman with murder for allegedly performing what they called a “self-induced abortion.”

The Starr County Sheriff's Office arrested 26-year-old Lizelle Herrera on Thursday. TPR confirmed Friday night that Herrera was in the custody of the Starr County Sheriff’s Office with bond set at $500,000. By Saturday night, Herrera was released from custody.

The Starr County grand jury's indictment, dated March 30, stated that Herrera "did then and there intentionally and knowingly cause the death of an individual J.A.H. by a self-induced abortion."..."

Woman in Texas Charged With Murder in Connection With ‘Self-Induced Abortion’​

Whether the woman had the abortion or was aiding one was unclear.
April 9, 2022
"...
he indictment comes months after the Texas Legislature passed several restrictions on abortion.

The charge also comes amid expectations that the Supreme Court will soon overturn Roe v. Wade, the 1973 ruling that established a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion and that prohibited states from banning the procedure before a fetus is viable outside the womb, which is currently about 23 weeks of pregnancy.."

mr-peabody-and-sherman.jpg
So...you equate being able to drink and vote with being able to commit murder?

Who was murdered? Do you have a name?
"did then and there intentionally and knowingly cause the death of an individual J.A.H. by a self-induced abortion."​

I just read an article saying they aren't sure why she was arrested. Clashes with its own headline, but yeah, that is crazy in this day and age

"did then and there intentionally and knowingly cause the death of an individual J.A.H. by a self-induced abortion."​
J.A.H. are initials unless I'm mistaken, what was the person's name who was killed? Since when does the state get to name a woman's fetus?

J.A.H. are initials unless I'm mistaken, what was the person's name who was killed? Since when does the state get to name a woman's fetus?
shrug...you can call the victim Baby Doe if you like. It doesn't matter.

I don't think anyone will claim a person isn't a person if they don't have a name, as you are implying.

shrug...you can call the victim Baby Doe if you like. It doesn't matter.

I don't think anyone will claim a person isn't a person if they don't have a name, as you are implying.
I'm implying a fetus is not a baby so no murder can take place. You folks on the right mistakenly call it murder. Have you noticed no doctors go to jail for performing abortions?

You know why? Of course you do, because abortion is not murder.

I'm implying a fetus is not a baby so no murder can take place. You folks on the right mistakenly call it murder. Have you noticed no doctors go to jail for performing abortions?

I have no interest in getting into the "fetus is not a human" debate.

You asked the name...I gave you the name. Take it or leave it.

Regarding "murder", well...if the law says it's murder then that person can be charged with murder.

Moving on...
Well it all sticks for me. So maybe I'll stay on it and you can find the door.

It's called keeping the right, male,and white. At least they make it obvious today, that's progress.

Bring a biologist into the court room and they will testify that the fetus is human life and is alive. That said I am curious as to the age of the aborted and if it was late term or not and who even knew or brought charges.

This leads to those family members who desperately want grand kids assuming the miscarriage wasn't natural because they're butt hurt. This will get pretty gross.

The map of state governments deliberately resisting expanding health insurance to all residents
with income below 138 percent of poverty level shortly after Donald Trump announced his presidential candidacy

Government jurisdictions with the highest per capita incarceration rates in the world,

Not only does the U.S. have the highest incarceration rate in the world; every single U.S. state incarcerates more people per capita than virtually any ...

Welcome to Texas.

1649598726722.png

Your rambling and expansive attacks seem to condemn much but lacks a call to action or a central theme.

Is there a particular point you had in mind when you decided to post here that unites the wide ranging thoughts that you posted?

This leads to those family members who desperately want grand kids assuming the miscarriage wasn't natural because they're butt hurt. This will get pretty gross.
I'm afraid it's going to get violent, with "logan's Run" style manhunts across texas as women miscarriage and make a break for the border. Not the Mexican border, one with another state.

there is no doubt that a bunch of old, angry republican men, who probably don't have fun anymore and probably don't have sex anymore, are trying to take us backwards.

our grandkids will have to come along and wipe out everything they're doing in this era.

I have no interest in getting into the "fetus is not a human" debate.

You asked the name...I gave you the name. Take it or leave it.

Regarding "murder", well...if the law says it's murder then that person can be charged with murder.
Fetus is not a human debate is your own, I never said that. I said a fetus is not a baby. You gave me no name, you gave me three initials.

Charged with and convicted of are two different animals. There will be no conviction in this case.

Like most polls here, this poll is horribly worded and in the end, nonsensical.

We should hold a poll posting class here at DP and only allow graduates to post polls.

When is that suggestion forum..

Bring a biologist into the court room and they will testify that the fetus is human life and is alive. That said I am curious as to the age of the aborted and if it was late term or not and who even knew or brought charges.
I am not disputing a fetus is human and alive. Someone who is medically brain dead is also human and alive.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb and guess it was somebody who strongly believes in jesus.

I am not disputing a fetus is human and alive. Someone who is medically brain dead is also human and alive.

I'm gonna' go out on a limb and guess it was somebody who strongly believes in jesus.
I'm going out on a limb as well and guessing that when over 350 kids die a year from gun accidents, they'll still be voting for their gun hobby. It's of course just a guess on my part.

Back
Top Bottom