• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I just had a great practice!

I am a complete beginner with the guitar and the banjo. I have only been playing the banjo about a little over a month. The guitar I played for 6 months before (3 years ago). The difference is that I am taking lessons now. Anyway, I have been learning rolls, right hand technique, and chords, left hand work.

I picked up the banjo to practice just now and after warming up and doing a left hand practice, I played the song "Take me home, Country Roads" by John Denver. I did really well! I nailed the forward roll I was using, 5-3-2-1. The real difference came from my chord shifts with my left hand. I really nailed some smooth shifts without any pause (or not much of one) in my rolls. It actually sounded like music. It was quite pretty. I am very encouraged that I am learning something here! :mrgreen:

Anything that produces a Rhythmic sound can be classified as Music.
Whether the 'Music' you produce is commercially salable is of course a totally different matter.

Congratulations! I got a dobro for fathers day last year and have given up on it. No one in my neck of the woods give dobro lessons. I wound up cording it like a guitar.

Back
Top Bottom