• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I hope we see more and more of THIS!

I welcome you to come to Arizona. Would like to see how well you would like to stand for hours in line to vote when its 100+.:D

I find I make a more informed voting decision when voting by mail. No hurry to fill out the ballot. Can research the person or the ballot measure at a reasonable pace.

Would you agree that if we do away with mail in ballots with some exception that we need more polling places to reduce the wait times to vote?
Not 100 degrees in November for the general election. ;)

If you are standing in a line for hours the voters need to vote out those responsible for that issue!

I have my own question. Why are so many liberals so dead set against common sense policies meant to increase security and integrity? I don't think it has a thing to do with ignorance and I think I have an excellent guess as to why policies like the one's in the OP (MO) scare them so much.
in my case case it is because common sense says you want to tamper with a system that is not compromised, and it's clear that the GOP is doing this to game the system to their benefit.
Show a real credible instance of election integrity not being up held and we can talk about a fix. And no trumps Bullshit is not enough.

They're handled in CO just fine, and all the other states need to do is implement our system, or any other system where it works well.
If you read the post, you will notice that I said so. It can be done but it isn't easy.

Other states should either do the heavy lifting Colorado has done or go back to mail ballots only on request.

I agree.

Mail in ballots should be reserved for those unable to vote in-person because of ill-health, immobility, or absence from the locale. (Like military, diplomats, and other Americans overseas, etc.)

IMO mass-mail voting is the least secure, and easiest to influence and otherwise abuse.
But, but, but it works in Colorado.

If you read the post, you will notice that I said so. It can be done but it isn't easy.

Other states should either do the heavy lifting Colorado has done or go back to mail ballots only on request.

Since the heavy lifting has been done by CO & other states, you wouldn't think it would be that difficult to copy. But its up to each
state as to whether or not they want to go back to in person only. Having had the convenience of voting by mail though, I imagine most
people would not want to give that up.

I welcome you to come to Arizona. Would like to see how well you would like to stand for hours in line to vote when its 100+.:D

I find I make a more informed voting decision when voting by mail. No hurry to fill out the ballot. Can research the person or the ballot measure at a reasonable pace.

Would you agree that if we do away with mail in ballots with some exception that we need more polling places to reduce the wait times to vote?
Jeeze, they don't publish sample ballots for you in AZ? WTF? How about you get your ballot in the mail, fill it out and go to the polling place to be verified and hand in your ballot? That work for you?

Really well.
Well, we have more ineligible voters on our registration rolls here in CA than you have voters. How ya fixing that?

I have my own question.
Good for you.
Why are so many liberals so dead set against common sense policies meant to increase security and integrity?
We aren't.

I don't think it has a thing to do with ignorance and I think I have an excellent guess as to why policies like the one's in the OP (MO) scare them so much.
They don't scare us, much, if at all.

Well, we have more ineligible voters on our registration rolls here in CA than you have voters. How ya fixing that?

Get your state gov to fix it?

The REGRESSIVE controlled Missouri Sate House and Governor's Mansion are finding HAM FISTED REGRESSIVE solutions to fix election PROBLEMS that did not exist in their State or had existed in such microscopically small amounts as to be next to non existent.

Mind you, I do not oppose being required to show a photo ID to receive a ballot on election day or in the 2-week window of essentially "early voting" the Democrats were able to squeeze into H.B. 1878. I wish that would become a nationwide requirement in every state, mainly to shut the mouths up of the Right Wingers that are always whining about folks voting without ID.

But beyond that I think it is a good thing to show a Photo ID and not because it has been a problem in elections from not showing one. As I have been pointing out for two decades in all manner of venues the worst Election Fraud and Vote Fraud on record could not have been prevented by Photo ID laws.

I have just seen in working Election after Election in two different states that Photo ID requirements make the process easier, especially as where I work now we have e-poll books with ID scanning technology.

I was reading through the Bill's handling of certain things and the Missouri SoS Website and I think the new rules place a needless burden on many folks in regards the tight restrictions they have imposed upon Absentee Electors.

Also the move back to paper ballots only with the elimination of touch screen voting mach is more needless regressive solution to a non existent problem.

They better damned well plan to allocate more money to every precinct and to every county election authority if they are going all in for a regressive Ludite handling of elections.

What on earth is wrong with on line voting?
It's secure enough to keep your money.
No identification problems.

Get your state gov to fix it?
LOL Our state gvt is 100% Dem. It took a court order from a Federal Court to get them to even get them to start to fix it. Now why do you think they would want ineligible voters on the rolls?

in my case case it is because common sense says you want to tamper with a system that is not compromised, and it's clear that the GOP is doing this to game the system to their benefit.
Show a real credible instance of election integrity not being up held and we can talk about a fix. And no trumps Bullshit is not enough.
The basis for every Republican push for voter ID laws is to suppress minority voters.

Mail some cash and find out...
🤡

Never had a problem in my life. But its 2022, who would even do that today.
Still you have not answered the question .

What on earth is wrong with mail in?

We should be past mail in by now and voting on line.

LOL Our state gvt is 100% Dem. It took a court order from a Federal Court to get them to even get them to start to fix it. Now why do you think they would want ineligible voters on the rolls?

Is there proof there are ineligible voters on the rolls? If they've been ordered to fix things, they should be fixing them. And by the way, dems have had total control here for a little bit, and we don't seem to have those problems.

I seems to have to say this regularly - my daughter, in the last election (not the primaries we just had) sent her ballot in. They couldn't match her handwriting to ballots she had previously sent in, so they sent here a letter asking her to resubmit her signature. And then she got a call from the DA (or asst DA, can't remember which at the moment) verifying that she was actually the person that resubmitted the signature. I don't know how much more careful it could be than that.

Because it’s a proposed solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.
Exactly. Because the fix for fraud is automatic registration from existing public records and a no-fee ID issued on a regularly scheduled basis. Which they oppose for some reason.

Is there proof there are ineligible voters on the rolls?

If they've been ordered to fix things, they should be fixing them.
And the Biden administration was order to reinstitute the Remain in Mexico policy last year. Bu they never did. Go figure.

And by the way, dems have had total control here for a little bit, and we don't seem to have those problems.
Lots more $$$$$$ here in CA, lots more.

I seems to have to say this regularly - my daughter, in the last election (not the primaries we just had) sent her ballot in. They couldn't match her handwriting to ballots she had previously sent in, so they sent here a letter asking her to resubmit her signature. And then she got a call from the DA (or asst DA, can't remember which at the moment) verifying that she was actually the person that resubmitted the signature. I don't know how much more careful it could be than that.

I only wish. GA virtually eliminated their signature requirement for the 2020 election. It seems that has now been fixed.

Exactly. Because the fix for fraud is automatic registration from existing public records and a no-fee ID issued on a regularly scheduled basis. Which they oppose for some reason.

Because why should it be easy? Voting doesn't mean anything unless its hard. If you don't have to stand in line for 6 hours, voting isn't important to you!

I’m 100% with “they”.

Until/unless someone provides a legitimate argument, backed up by verifiable facts, that voter ID’s will reduce the already minuscule rate (0.00006%) of verified voter fraud, I will remain anti-voter ID laws.

🤡

Never had a problem in my life. But its 2022, who would even do that today.
Still you have not answered the question .

What on earth is wrong with mail in?

We should be past mail in by now and voting on line.
Agreed with online.

The issue with mail in is perception.

I’m 100% with “they”.

Until/unless someone provides a legitimate argument, backed up by verifiable facts, that voter ID’s will reduce the already minuscule rate (0.00006%) of verified voter fraud, I will remain anti-voter ID laws.
They (conservatives) oppose automatic voter registration and regularly scheduled no-fee ID for some reason.

And the Biden administration was order to reinstitute the Remain in Mexico policy last year. Bu they never did. Go figure.

Lots more $$$$$$ here in CA, lots more.

I only wish. GA virtually eliminated their signature requirement for the 2020 election. It seems that has now been fixed.

And CA should fix their problems, no doubt. But I don't see inactive/moved voters being a horrible problem. If someone else signs a ballot and tries to return it, signature checks like we have here should take care of that easily.

Back
Top Bottom