• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I hope we see more and more of THIS!

Therein lies the problem.

The voting machines are not DIRECTLY connected to the Internet, but they are connected to the State-wide government network. As are other servers, which are not directly connected to any of the voting machines, but are connected to the Internet. Since those voting machines are not on a completely separate and isolated network, but rather share the same State-wide network as other State servers with Internet access, it makes accessing those voting machines via the Internet a possibility.
They have no way to connect the voting machine to the internet. The totals are printed out at the closing of the polls. We make 4 copies. One is posted on the door for anyone to see. One goes to the district along with the ballots and the chip or card that recorded the voting process. One stays in the machine and goes with the machine I am not sure where. One copy of the actual printed out votes is in an envelope along with other information from the polls I have sworn to keep for 5 years just incase everything else fails. I know for sure that we hand deliver the results of the polls to the district. Nothing is put on or connected to the internet. What happens above the district level I am not privy to.

They have no way to connect the voting machine to the internet. The totals are printed out at the closing of the polls. We make 4 copies. One is posted on the door for anyone to see. One goes to the district along with the ballots and the chip or card that recorded the voting process. One stays in the machine and goes with the machine I am not sure where. One copy of the actual printed out votes is in an envelope along with other information from the polls I have sworn to keep for 5 years just incase everything else fails. I know for sure that we hand deliver the results of the polls to the district. Nothing is put on or connected to the internet. What happens above the district level I am not privy to.
As I explained, the voting machines do not need to be directly connected to the Internet. If those voting machines are accessible through the State's WAN, then those voting machines can also be accessed via the Internet. Only if the voting machines are completely isolated, on their own separate network, and not accessible via the State WAN, are the voting machines safe from Internet access. But that isn't the case.

As I explained, the voting machines do not need to be directly connected to the Internet. If those voting machines are accessible through the State's WAN, then those voting machines can also be accessed via the Internet. Only if the voting machines are completely isolated, on their own separate network, and not accessible via the State WAN, are the voting machines safe from Internet access. But that isn't the case.
The machines used at the polling places have no way to be connected to the internet. There is no connection no wireless nothing. It is like an old fashion calculator. It will add votes record information entered only. The ballot generating machine is not connected to the internet. It is pre programed with the names of candidates on the ballot that are running for office. It simply it does not know who is voting. It only records your choices and prints them out so the voting machine can count them. None of the machines at the polls are connected to the internet. Even the machine that records who is voting is pre programmed and only records who showed up and voted. It has no Idea who you vote for because that is done by the ballot generating machine who has no idea who is voting. Again the ballot is then entered into the voting machine which simply tallies the votes. There is no internet involved. No WIFI or any other way to connect to the internet.

The machines used at the polling places have no way to be connected to the internet.
Why are you repeating this nonsense? The voting machines are not directly connected to the Internet, but they are connected to the State WAN which is connected to the Internet. So you are fooling no one, the voting machines may still be accessed via the Internet. Or do you not comprehend how networks work?

There is no connection no wireless nothing. It is like an old fashion calculator. It will add votes record information entered only. The ballot generating machine is not connected to the internet. It is pre programed with the names of candidates on the ballot that are running for office. It simply it does not know who is voting. It only records your choices and prints them out so the voting machine can count them. None of the machines at the polls are connected to the internet. Even the machine that records who is voting is pre programmed and only records who showed up and voted. It has no Idea who you vote for because that is done by the ballot generating machine who has no idea who is voting. Again the ballot is then entered into the voting machine which simply tallies the votes. There is no internet involved. No WIFI or any other way to connect to the internet.
You can continue to repeat your nonsense about the voting machines not being directly connected to the Internet for all eternity, but you are only fooling yourself. As long as they are part of the State WAN, then they have Internet access. No matter how many times you repeat your nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom