• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I hope we see more and more of THIS!

And CA should fix their problems, no doubt. But I don't see inactive/moved voters being a horrible problem. If someone else signs a ballot and tries to return it, signature checks like we have here should take care of that easily.
In NH, you just swear an affidavit that you are who you claim to be. Works fine.

I'm amazed at the number of people wanting to restrict perfectly secure methods of voting but have absolutely no problem with the President of the United States plotting to stand up fake electors and trying to coerce the VP into violating his oath and the Constitution in order to illegally stay in power.

It's only because they hate freedom and the republic.

Please, I can't take this kind of stupid post.
We do our ****ing banking on line securely, we can't vote on line securely?

The right is simply not rational in their postings, thoughts.
sure...IF the system is set up properly

that is NOT the systems in place at the moment

my bank required ID to open the account.....and then setup 3 separate verifications for online transactions

i bet yours did too

I have no issue for those who want to vote online going through those same type of things

They would have a PW associated with their name....and yeah, it isnt foolproof, but it is getting closer

That sure in the hell beats me calling the county, saying I want a mail ballot, and them sending me one

In a LOT of places.....there are NO CHECKS.....name and address....

That is it.....and no, that isnt enough

sure...IF the system is set up properly

that is NOT the systems in place at the moment

my bank required ID to open the account.....and then setup 3 separate verifications for online transactions

i bet yours did too

I have no issue for those who want to vote online going through those same type of things

They would have a PW associated with their name....and yeah, it isnt foolproof, but it is getting closer

That sure in the hell beats me calling the county, saying I want a mail ballot, and them sending me one

So you support automatic voter registration and public funding of identification with options built in for the unhoused, those living on reservations and people in anonymous protective housing, right?

And CA should fix their problems, no doubt. But I don't see inactive/moved voters being a horrible problem. If someone else signs a ballot and tries to return it, signature checks like we have here should take care of that easily.
You would hope. But I have serious, serious doubts.

Rejection rate nationwide in 2018 election on 30 million mail in ballots was 1.4% Rejection rate in 2020 with 70 million mail in voters - roughly 40 million new, never done it before mail in voters, went down to 0.8. Frankly, I can't blame Trump at all for being suspicious.

You would hope. But I have serious, serious doubts.

Rejection rate nationwide in 2018 election on 30 million mail in ballots was 1.4% Rejection rate in 2020 with 70 million mail in voters - roughly 40 million new, never done it before mail in voters, went down to 0.8. Frankly, I can't blame Trump at all for being suspicious.

But rejected ballots doesn't necessarily mean fraudulent ballots. And give me a break - Trump was saying the election was rigged if he didn't win well before the election.

So you support automatic voter registration and public funding of identification with options built in for the unhoused, those living on reservations and people in anonymous protective housing, right?
the DMV asks you if you want to register to vote in every state I have lived in for the last 25 + years…..if that is automatic registration it is as close as I want to go

and why wouldn’t people on reservations qualify? They are citizens aren’t they?

not sure what people in anonymous housing even means….want to clarify?

And the Biden administration was order to reinstitute the Remain in Mexico policy last year. Bu they never did. Go figure.

Lots more $$$$$$ here in CA, lots more.

I only wish. GA virtually eliminated their signature requirement for the 2020 election. It seems that has now been fixed.

And the Supreme Court told the 5th circuit they were idiots and Biden could proceed to end remain in Mexico..

the DMV asks you if you want to register to vote in every state I have lived in for the last 25 + years…..if that is automatic registration it is as close as I want to go
Cool. That isn't automatic registration and I'm sure you know that.
and why wouldn’t people on reservations qualify? They are citizens aren’t they?
No addresses that the shitbag states will recognize.
not sure what people in anonymous housing even means….want to clarify?
Abused women's shelters. There's a reason those addresses should not be a matter of public record.

And the Supreme Court told the 5th circuit they were idiots and Biden could proceed to end remain in Mexico..
Yep, And without a doubt he'll let in a few million more leeches.

But, but, but it works in Colorado.

Hmmm.

There are 400 Nursing Homes in Colorado.

With about 14,000 residents.

That means up to 14,000 people who might be coerced, cajoled, or connived to vote by caregivers.

Senior abuses by "caregivers" of all kinds (borrowing money, stealing medication, asking for gifts and favors in exchange for "care") are pretty typical around the nation.

That is one area even Colorado's mail-in balloting could easily have issues with.

Hmmm.

That means up to 14,000 people who might be coerced, cajoled, or connived to vote by caregivers.

Senior abuses by "caregivers" of all kinds (borrowing money, stealing medication, asking for gifts and favors in exchange for "care") are pretty typical around the nation.

That is one area even Colorado's mail-in balloting could easily have issues with.

And yet we don't seem to have problems there. Do a google search for voting fraud in Colorado and tell me what comes up.

They (conservatives) oppose automatic voter registration and regularly scheduled no-fee ID for some reason.
My mistake on “they”.

I stand by the rest of my previous post, but for obviously entirely different reasons than “they” purport.

We've got a lot of cleaning up to do after Democrats weaponized covid and their emergency powers, to rig elections. In the greatest country on the planted, we should be voting like the third world.

Just as I said whatever excuse they can come up with to suppress the votes of people who don’t vote republican.

There was no voter fraud. If there had been as hard as they looked they would have found some.

Just like everything else with trump voter fraud is a lie.

But Republicans have sure used it in their quest to suppress the vote.

My mistake on “they”.

I stand by the rest of my previous post, but for obviously entirely different reasons than “they” purport.
Oh, I agree. You get a feel for what they want, and it's almost comically confessional, when they trip over their tongues trying to explain why universal, no-fee voter registration isn't or shouldn't be actionable.

Where does this ^^ happen? Provide proof, if you can.

Hmmm.

And have legalized ballot harvesting.

And yet we don't seem to have problems there. Do a google search for voting fraud in Colorado and tell me what comes up.

(Sigh) The problem (IMHO) is that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" as the saying goes.

Elder abuse, whether in Nursing homes, or with "home care aides" where the service is provided to "independent" residents via private or State-sponsored home programs is pretty frequent:

Estimates indicate at least 1 in 10 out of 52 million people, or over 5 million people around the nation suffer various forms of abuse as I mentioned.

If even 1/5th of those numbers involves vote fraud, that is 1 million votes.

That doesn't count elders in family care, who can be cajoled/convinced to vote by a "concerned" relative.

Last edited:
(Sigh) The problem (IMHO) is that "absence of evidence is not evidence of absence" as the saying goes.

Elder abuse, whether in Nursing homes, or with "home care aides" where the service is provided to "independent" residents via private or State-sponsored home programs is pretty frequent:

Estimates indicate at least 1 in 10 out of 52 million people, or over 5 million people around the nation suffer various forms of abuse as I mentioned.

Fanfic as policy. Awesome.

That doesn't count elders in family care, who can be cajoled/convinced to vote by a "concerned" relative.

And these elderly/sick people in nursing homes aren't able to easily get out and vote, are they? What do you propose - they just don't vote? Why not wait until we see some evidence of abuse/fraud before we try to take the right to vote by mail away from them?

Here's a link for some voter fraud in CO

So sad to think you think so badly of a substantial number of your fellow Americans. Even sadder to think yourself so much more righteous

To be clear, you aren’t providing any evidence either.

Back
Top Bottom