• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I hope we see more and more of THIS!

1656614855578.png
White Privilege on the hoof in Missouri!

If you vote from home on your PC, how does the state know it was you actually voting and not someone you know?

Maybe your grand daughter knows your password and went ahead and voted for you

Or your well meaning son.

in person voting with ID eliminates any of these types of issuse.

I realize some people can’t vote in person, but everyone that medically can, really needs to.

as far as absentee ballots, those should be only for people living outside the state for college, work, military, etc

We bank on line, DMV on line, Social Secuity on line, unemployment insurance on line..

Sorry, your argument is a big fail.

There is no problem

Why are some Conservatives so ignorantly dead set against American's exercising their Right to Vote in simpler and more FREE manners?

What scares them so?

This.

Why on earth must when vote in person?

Frankly, that is nuts. It us 2022. Everything with them is 1789.

Actually, there was massive amounts of election fraud discovered in at least 10 different States, including Alaska, after the 2020 election. None of it mattered because it is the State legislature that elects Presidents, not the people. So it doesn't matter how much election fraud occurs, none of it matters. The State legislatures may choose their Electors for the Electoral College in any manner they see fit, even if it involves massive election fraud. That is why Biden was legitimately elected in accordance with the US Constitution on December 14, 2020, and nothing was going to change that fact - not the massive election fraud, and not the riots on January 6, 2021 either. No matter the outcome of the election fraud or the riots, Biden was going to be sworn in as President on January 20, 2021.
That’s false.
Even Bill Barr stated that there was no “massive election fraud” in the last election. Over 30 court cases were filed by the jackass and his lackeys and in not a single one of them was “massive fraud” found. There simply was no evidence for it. Don’t you think that if there was such evidence it would have been presented in court?
Perhaps you have that evidence. I would love to hear it.

If you vote from home on your PC, how does the state know it was you actually voting and not someone you know?

Maybe your grand daughter knows your password and went ahead and voted for you

Or your well meaning son.

in person voting with ID eliminates any of these types of issuse.

No it doesnt. Before the places that allow mail in voting did so, there were still complaints of voter fraud. So apparently it wasnt a secure as you seem to think it is.

Its either that, or mail in is just as secure when done properly.

I realize some people can’t vote in person, but everyone that medically can, really needs to.

as far as absentee ballots, those should be only for people living outside the state for college, work, military, etc

Playing devils advocate here.....why should where you chose to live or do for a living entitle you to easier access to a Constitutional right?

We bank on line, DMV on line, Social Secuity on line, unemployment insurance on line..

Sorry, your argument is a big fail.

There is no problem
Why are all the democrats/progressives on this site so absolutely sure this cant or doesnt happen?

Or are they saying it happens so rarely, that it isnt a problem?

I dont give my passwords to anyone else for banking....do you?

Does your state require a password protection on the mail in ballot?

Are you saying that your plate and license registration is the same as voting for the presidency?

There are certain things in life where convenience is warranted.....

There are certain things in life where security should be at the forefront of our thoughts

We can NEVER make voting 100% foolproof, bit we should make it at close to it as possible within reason

Not sure why everyone on the left fights this so stringently.....bring them by bus i dont care.....

But let them vote in person with an ID.....still cant believe we are fighting this in 2022

ID required to vote and an end to most mail in voting!

ID doesnt bother me nor does it bother vast majority of Americans when its just about ID
voter id laws could be easily passed in every state as long as the accepted IDs were the ones the government already accepts, you make at least one free and make it readily available to obtain and many places including the polling place

as for ending mail-in voting, NO THANKS

that's beyond stupid,

id rather ever state expand, protect and secure it and have a tested and proven system like colorado

Why are all the democrats/progressives on this site so absolutely sure this cant or doesnt happen?

Or are they saying it happens so rarely, that it isnt a problem?

I dont give my passwords to anyone else for banking....do you?

Does your state require a password protection on the mail in ballot?

Are you saying that your plate and license registration is the same as voting for the presidency?

There are certain things in life where security should be at the forefront of our thoughts

We can NEVER make voting 100% foolproof, bit we should make it at close to it as possible within reason

Not sure why everyone on the left fights this so stringently.....bring them by bus i dont care.....

But let them vote in person with an ID.....still cant believe we are fighting this in 2022

It is 2022
It is insane that nutters will never live in the present.

Make any case whatsoever for voting in person? Any.

What, where does this strange insistance on living in the past come from?

Yes, it is showing we still don't vote on line when EVERY other part of our life is on line.

It is 2022
It is insane that nutters will never live in the present.

Make any case whatsoever for voting in person? Any.

What, where does this strange insistance on living in the past come from?

Yes, it is showing we still don't vote on line when EVERY other part of our life is on line.
only one case

SECURITY

making sure that the Mr Jones that registered to vote is actually the Mr Jones that is at the polling station voting today

this isnt rocket science.....there is no other reason or rationale

only one case

SECURITY

making sure that the Mr Jones that registered to vote is actually the Mr Jones that is at the polling station voting today

this isnt rocket science.....there is no other reason or rationale

Please, I can't take this kind of stupid post.
We do our ****ing banking on line securely, we can't vote on line securely?

The right is simply not rational in their postings, thoughts.

This.

Why on earth must when vote in person?

Frankly, that is nuts. It us 2022. Everything with them is 1789.
The REGRESSIVE controlled Missouri Sate House and Governor's Mansion are finding HAM FISTED REGRESSIVE solutions to fix election PROBLEMS that did not exist in their State or had existed in such microscopically small amounts as to be next to non existent.

Mind you, I do not oppose being required to show a photo ID to receive a ballot on election day or in the 2-week window of essentially "early voting" the Democrats were able to squeeze into H.B. 1878. I wish that would become a nationwide requirement in every state, mainly to shut the mouths up of the Right Wingers that are always whining about folks voting without ID.

But beyond that I think it is a good thing to show a Photo ID and not because it has been a problem in elections from not showing one. As I have been pointing out for two decades in all manner of venues the worst Election Fraud and Vote Fraud on record could not have been prevented by Photo ID laws.

I have just seen in working Election after Election in two different states that Photo ID requirements make the process easier, especially as where I work now we have e-poll books with ID scanning technology.

I was reading through the Bill's handling of certain things and the Missouri SoS Website and I think the new rules place a needless burden on many folks in regards the tight restrictions they have imposed upon Absentee Electors.

Also the move back to paper ballots only with the elimination of touch screen voting mach is more needless regressive solution to a non existent problem.

They better damned well plan to allocate more money to every precinct and to every county election authority if they are going all in for a regressive Ludite handling of elections.

Voting should take place on one day, and in person. It would give us the best sense of where the country is truly at. No more early voting, no more mail in nonsense. And it should be a legal holiday as well.

Voting should take place on one day, and in person. It would give us the best sense of where the country is truly at. No more early voting, no more mail in nonsense. And it should be a legal holiday as well.
Why on earth would a stack of numbers collected over a short period and tallied be any less of a gauge of "where the country is truly at" than numbers collected in an even shorter period and tallied?

As a Chief Judge of Elections worker you plan would take away my opportunity ton Vote.

That is because I am among the few folks who come out to work elections who is not insistent on working in my own precinct. I let the County put me where they need me and so far since about 2008 I have been working out of precinct. One of the rules on election day for those of us working elections we are not allowed, barring an emergency, to leave the precinct we are working in. So I would not be able to vote.

Then what about those folks on the road, truckers, business folks, vacationers, folks hung up injured or ill in hospitals? What about folks who can't go to the Polls on election Day even if it was a "Holiday" because their employment requires them to work Holidays?

What about the members of the Military or Federal Employees who work out of their Home State or out of the country?

I mean I do understand time here you are coming from, a very, VERY long time ago I had similar notions.

Mind you I am not opposed to making Election Day a pseudo Holiday.

But your idea isn't where we are as a Nation, it never was, and it still isn't.

We need to realize, case in point, our first Official Presidential Election was conducted over a chaotic period nearly a month long and it was short three states because two hadn't ratified the Constitution and one just sat out.

Of course there were issues of time and distance that affected the election for the people. For millions there are still time and distance issues along with as many reasons to oppose a one and done system as there ever was.

Why are some Conservatives so ignorantly dead set against American's exercising their Right to Vote in simpler and more FREE manners?

What scares them so?
I have my own question. Why are so many liberals so dead set against common sense policies meant to increase security and integrity? I don't think it has a thing to do with ignorance and I think I have an excellent guess as to why policies like the one's in the OP (MO) scare them so much.

DITTO!

Prove it.
Don't be juvenile. The subject was studied in depth after the 2000 and 2004 elections. We've known and documented the potential problems with mail ballots for over 15 years.

It can be done, as in Colorado, but the security concerns are not easily handled.

Don't be juvenile. The subject was studied in depth after the 2000 and 2004 elections. We've known and documented the potential problems with mail ballots for over 15 years.

It can be done, as in Colorado, but the security concerns are not easily handled.

They're handled in CO just fine, and all the other states need to do is implement our system, or any other system where it works well.

That's a strange thing to celebrate. I like modern conveniences. Why would you want to do more work?
Well, some people ask themselves, "why would I want to use electricity when I already have steam?"

There are countless things that can be done remotely, conveniently and reliably without having to go from Point A to Point B and drop a piece of paper in a box. Some people just lack the imagination to be able to envision such a world. Normally I don't begrudge them; some people struggle with change and prefer their quaint ways. That's fine. I just dislike those situations where I end up being stuck using steam power because someone else is scared of electricity. This is one of those cases.

Fortunately I live in a state where (a) there is no significant electoral fraud (b) mail in voting is safe, reliable and secure and (c) a bunch of MAGA people will claim otherwise but will provide zero evidence or data to support their claim.

Actually, there was massive amounts of election fraud discovered in at least 10 different States, including Alaska, after the 2020 election. None of it mattered because it is the State legislature that elects Presidents, not the people. So it doesn't matter how much election fraud occurs, none of it matters. The State legislatures may choose their Electors for the Electoral College in any manner they see fit, even if it involves massive election fraud. That is why Biden was legitimately elected in accordance with the US Constitution on December 14, 2020, and nothing was going to change that fact - not the massive election fraud, and not the riots on January 6, 2021 either. No matter the outcome of the election fraud or the riots, Biden was going to be sworn in as President on January 20, 2021.
The only election fraud was on the part of the righty filth, the righty scum, and the... uh... hey, what other dumb slurs do you use against the leftists again? There are so many, and one loses track.

I have my own question. Why are so many liberals so dead set against common sense policies meant to increase security and integrity? I don't think it has a thing to do with ignorance and I think I have an excellent guess as to why policies like the one's in the OP (MO) scare them so much.
Voter ID makes sense as does secure mail in voting which is very doable....lets look to Colorado.

Not the only Trumper here that loved it before they hated it.

It crushes my soul to defend him, but he actually admitted that mail in voting in CO was secure.

Which of course doesn't mean he doesn't still want to end it. :p

Back
Top Bottom