• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I hope we see more and more of THIS!

ID required to vote and an end to most mail in voting!

I agree.

Mail in ballots should be reserved for those unable to vote in-person because of ill-health, immobility, or absence from the locale. (Like military, diplomats, and other Americans overseas, etc.)

IMO mass-mail voting is the least secure, and easiest to influence and otherwise abuse.

I agree.

Mail in ballots should be reserved for those unable to vote in-person because of ill-health, immobility, or absence from the locale. (Like military, diplomats, and other Americans overseas, etc.)

IMO mass-mail voting is the least secure, and easiest to influence and otherwise abuse.

How is mail in insecure?

I agree.

With the exception of the people for reasons you listed that mail in a ballot, IMO anyone who thinks it's too much trouble and/or not important enough to show up to the polls on election day to vote, shouldn't be voting in the first place. If it isn't important to them to vote, then their vote couldn't have been an informed one anyway.

MO looks more and more like one of my fellow southern states every day. Shouldn't take long for them to be at the bottom of the charts with us on education and other life quality statistics if they keep going the way of the right wing.

Who cares? Trump broke the seal with his democracy breaking big lie.

The next Trump clone will simply claim the voter IDs were faked... probably claim boxes were flown in from China.

America's enemies have essentially won.

Congratulations.

Why don't you give the "Trump evil, America broken" straw man theme a break, and stick to the topic. :rolleyes:

He's not the President, there is a new "Administration," and it bears responsibility now for what it does wrong and fails to do at all.

How's about your take on Mass Mail-in voting?

With the exception of the people for reasons you listed that mail in a ballot, IMO anyone who thinks it's too much trouble and/or not important enough to show up to the polls on election day to vote, shouldn't be voting in the first place. If it isn't important to them to vote, then their vote couldn't have been an informed one anyway.

Complete agreement from me!

Why don't you give the "Trump evil, America broken" straw man theme a break, and stick to the topic.

He's not the President, there is a new "Administration," and it bears responsibility now for what it does wrong and fails to do at all.

How's about your take on Mass Mail-in voting?
Trump created a false narrative about being cheated out of an election win. Much of the voter ID frenzy of late is based on that very same lie.

This makes my comment very relevant.

I hardly think it is a stretch to go from Italian satellites changing votes from Trump to Biden to fake voter IDs flown in from China.

Please take your political victim routine somewhere else.

ID required to vote and an end to most mail in voting!

States rights, right?
Up to each State how they elect the President.

Reactions: JMR
Trump created a false narrative about being cheated out of an election win. Much of the voter ID frenzy of late is based on that very same lie.

This makes my comment very relevant.

I hardly think it is a stretch to go from Italian satellites changing votes from Trump to Biden to fake voter IDs flown in from China.

Please take your political victim routine somewhere else.

Do you understand the term "red herring" deflection, often called "whataboutism" by some?

There are hundreds of threads about Trump, but this one is about a method of voting. Yet you feel the need to deflect to your pet peeve in order to derail the discussion.

Well there's no convincing some people that not everything is about them and their pet peeves...so derail away. :coffee:

Do you understand the term "red herring" deflection, often called "whataboutism" by some?

There are hundreds of threads about Trump, but this one is about a method of voting. Yet you feel the need to deflect to your pet peeve in order to derail the discussion.

Well there's no convincing some people that not everything is about them and their pet peeves...so derail away. :coffee:
The OP advocated for voter ID. I responded with an example of why voter ID is pointless. I then explained why.

To you this is a red herring?

Voting id i support.

As to voting, its 2022, I should be able to vote from home on my PC or smart phone.
That could easily become made a possibility, IF we were to start using something like the Belgian eID card as a means of identification.
My only question is, Why do some people, politicians, and the political parties NOT want to do anything to eliminate, or reduce the possibility of voting fraud and or irregularities?
It could then even be possible for a voter to confirm who their vote was counted for after an election was over.

US citizens barely get out to vote and year after year the GOP tries to make sure the average citizen won’t want to deal with their BS and stay hime. The fringe wins. Congrats

I don't think it serves you to make that assertion.

That's a strange thing to celebrate. I like modern conveniences. Why would you want to do more work?
I think election integrity is far and away the most important aspect. I think "convenience" has opened numerous fraud opportunities in our country and I hope to see more changes like this to significantly reduce the potential for fraud.
Regarding convenience, voting is a rare and extremely important event. I leave my home frequently to participate in many a normal (and necessary) activity in life. Heading to a voting location once every couple years to vote is not contrary to so called "modern conveniences".

I think election integrity is far and away the most important aspect. I think "convenience" has opened numerous fraud opportunities in our country and I hope to see more changes like this to significantly reduce the potential for fraud.
Regarding convenience, voting is a rare and extremely important event. I leave my home frequently to participate in many a normal (and necessary) activity in life. Heading to a voting location once every couple years to vote is not contrary to so called "modern conveniences".
Little green men have taken control of your mind.

Five states do all mail voting. Have for years. No fraud.

The only fraud is the one you've been swindled by.

It's contrary to people's motivation to vote. Maybe that's its intent? I favor full participation. Make it mandatory.

I'm guessing that you can't apply any facts to this assertion.

I welcome you to come to Arizona. Would like to see how well you would like to stand for hours in line to vote when its 100+.:D

I find I make a more informed voting decision when voting by mail. No hurry to fill out the ballot. Can research the person or the ballot measure at a reasonable pace.

Would you agree that if we do away with mail in ballots with some exception that we need more polling places to reduce the wait times to vote?

Back
Top Bottom