• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"I hope they die" folks not BLM?

Checkerboard Strangler

Make Video Horizontal Again
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hmmmm, this is interesting.
Looks like a whole lotta people might have jumped to conclusions way too early, what else is new?

[h=1]People Yelled ‘I Hope They Die’ About Ambushed LA Deputies. They Weren’t BLM Protesters.[/h]
Right-wing media, including Fox News and Breitbart, latched onto the story, eager to link the small gathering to the massive Black Lives Matter movement against police brutality and systemic racism.[...]
In fact, the demonstration consisted of four people. They were members of the so-called Africa Town Coalition ― a Black advocacy group that is not affiliated with the Black Lives Matter national organization.

Facebook: ATC is not BLM, Africa Town Coalition is a Black Power Organization that serves the community with Honor and Compassion. WE ARE GRASSROOTS!!

Looks like a whole lotta people might have jumped to conclusions way too early, what else is new?

[h=1]People Yelled ‘I Hope They Die’ About Ambushed LA Deputies. They Weren’t BLM Protesters.[/h]
Right-wing media, including Fox News and Breitbart, latched onto the story, eager to link the small gathering to the massive Black Lives Matter movement against police brutality and systemic racism.[...]
In fact, the demonstration consisted of four people. They were members of the so-called Africa Town Coalition ― a Black advocacy group that is not affiliated with the Black Lives Matter national organization.

Facebook: ATC is not BLM, Africa Town Coalition is a Black Power Organization that serves the community with Honor and Compassion. WE ARE GRASSROOTS!!

Meh...they all look the same to me... :shrug: /s

It doesn’t matter who they are. In the land of California’s extensive lawscape, there is certainly a law against blocking an emergency vehicle. All they have to do is gin up the courage to enforce them.

Quit trying to minimize the effort to worsen the officers’ conditions by delaying medical care.

Can you provide a Fox source where they called this group anything but protesters? I haven't been able to locate a Fox source where they named the protesters as BLM.

It's like the old line about catching politicians with a live boy or a dead girl. The context of the salacious moment doesn't matter, once it was captured.

If the people who said it weren't simpatico with BLM, then they are actively trying to undermine BLM's message, so presumably BLM will loudly and publicly separate themselves from ATC?

My understanding has been that these new movements are largely a kludge of whatever local groups like ATC show up, so the separation may not be as great as we might think, anyhow.

Another group of animals just as bad as BLM?

It doesn’t matter who they are. In the land of California’s extensive lawscape, there is certainly a law against blocking an emergency vehicle. All they have to do is gin up the courage to enforce them.

Quit trying to minimize the effort to worsen the officers’ conditions by delaying medical care.

Wow, you're almost as good as D.A. Jim Trotter in My Cousin Vinny!!!! :lamo

"Your honor, the defendant was making inflammatory statements that sound a lot like statements from America hating Dem-commie BLM thugs who approve of blocking access to emergency vehicles and celebrating efforts to worsen the officer's chances of survival. Those statements sound IDENTICAL!!!"

tenor.gif

So now that you've had your tantrum, here is what the adults were saying.
You guys may have JUMPED the gun in your eagerness to blame Black Lives Matter protesters.

It does matter who they are because it matters to your pro-Trump narrative.}
It matters a lot.
It matters more to you guys than the entire future of the country.
If you can't pin all this stuff on Antifa and BLM, there goes your chances of frightening old pissed off suburban white people into voting for Trump again.

He whose name shall not be mentioned is full of it. I never mentioned BLM, Antifa, Anarchists, or “Cutie” watchers.

Do not darken my posts with your shadow...

It's like the old line about catching politicians with a live boy or a dead girl. The context of the salacious moment doesn't matter, once it was captured.

If the people who said it weren't simpatico with BLM, then they are actively trying to undermine BLM's message, so presumably BLM will loudly and publicly separate themselves from ATC?

My understanding has been that these new movements are largely a kludge of whatever local groups like ATC show up, so the separation may not be as great as we might think, anyhow.

Agreed, it's entirely possible but don't lose sight of the larger issue being that Team Trump is eager to invalidate the ENTIRE CONCEPT of "black lives MATTERING" altogether.

By keeping people focused on some rag tag proto-marxist group formed in 2013 instead of on the cause and the issue, they blank out the issue itself.

There is a group that calls itself "Black Lives Matter"...they've officially been around for a grand total of seven years.
The cause itself, and the statement: "black lives matter" are about 393 years older than BLM.
Indeed, you are absolutely correct in saying that it doesn't matter once the salacious moment is captured, but that's because people are now conditioned that way, just as people are in most dictatorships, and most failed banana republics.

I guess Trump's people feel they deserve another victory lap in their continuing war on democracy.
But they will never be able to do away with counter-snipers like myself who keep deflating their balloons or pouring water on their pyrotechnics.
In fact, I don't think they have the remotest idea how outnumbered they are.

He whose name shall not be mentioned is full of it. I never mentioned BLM, Antifa, Anarchists, or “Cutie” watchers.

Do not darken my posts with your shadow...

Awwwwww...let's go check out what you've had to say about BLM in the last few months! :lamo

By the way, I will now darken your posts ALL the time.
Your political misery might just become my main mission in life.

(with thanks to Harvey Keitel)

Last edited:

Big freaking deal.

You supported the rhetoric that led up to all this nonsense.

Big freaking deal.

You supported the rhetoric that led up to all this nonsense.

I dunno, I'd say that CS has been pretty consistently against inappropriate use of force by the police... :shrug: Seems like he's got root cause pegged.

Awwwwww...let's go check out what you've had to say about BLM in the last few months! :lamo

By the way, I will now darken your posts ALL the time.
Your political misery might just become my main mission in life.

(with thanks to Harvey Keitel)

Then you should be reading all of my posts.

I dunno, I'd say that CS has been pretty consistently against inappropriate use of force by the police... :shrug: Seems like he's got root cause pegged.

I am also on record countless times as saying that these groups doing all the damage are idiots.
My standard response on today's "Antifa" = kids doing cosplay and street theater with clubs.
BLM = marxists who know how to market an old time tested phrase and use it to advance proto-marxist ideology.

But real anti-fascism is a cornerstone of our democracy and we fought a world war over it, and real black lives matter is older than the United States as a country, and is also a cornerstone of our democracy.

If Trumpers succeed in focusing attention on these nascent groups by connecting their cause to terrorism, they destroy the root concepts of both anti-fa and black lives matter. That is their goal, and they are proud of it.

Back
Top Bottom