• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I hope Michelle Obama runs for president someday

Glen Contrarian

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Bernie to the left of me, Hillary to the right, he
Political Leaning
Progressive
I watched her speech at the DNC, and if "uniting the party" was a prime concern before, it's not now - she gave a heck of a great speech, with heart, passion, and power. What's more, she never once went down the low road of tearing down the GOP candidate. She never once resorted to the schoolyard-brawl tactics of Trump. Instead, she said it best with one line: "When they go low, we go high." And that's precisely what she did.

If I had to choose between Hillary and Michelle, I'd still vote for Hillary...but only because of the breadth of experience and skill that Hillary brings to the table. If Michelle were to follow the same path - if she were to work her way up from state office to US Congress and then run for president, we'd be looking at eight more years of Obamas in the White House.

No........the Oligarchy has gone far enough.

Another Obama is just another Republican.

We need four years of Trump and then the revolution elects someone like Bernie Sanders......(only with the guts to keep going instead of quitting).

I watched her speech at the DNC, and if "uniting the party" was a prime concern before, it's not now - she gave a heck of a great speech, with heart, passion, and power. What's more, she never once went down the low road of tearing down the GOP candidate. She never once resorted to the schoolyard-brawl tactics of Trump. Instead, she said it best with one line: "When they go low, we go high." And that's precisely what she did.

If I had to choose between Hillary and Michelle, I'd still vote for Hillary...but only because of the breadth of experience and skill that Hillary brings to the table. If Michelle were to follow the same path - if she were to work her way up from state office to US Congress and then run for president, we'd be looking at eight more years of Obamas in the White House.

Considering not once in 8 years has her husband taken the high road. How tall is she? 5'11? I didn't know they could stack **** that high

She squeezed every dollar possible out of the USA she could get her grubby hands on. And she still isn't done.

But she probably won't try to rip off the white house like Hillary did!

Don't let a teleprompter speech written by someone else for her to read fool you!

This from a guy I'm pretty sure said he didn't like dynasties, but I guess only if the dynasty has a last name Bush - Kennedy's, Clinton's and Obama's are just dandy.

And what's with Democrats promoting the "little woman" for the highest office all the time? President of the United States isn't the same as snack chairman at the PTA.

This from a guy I'm pretty sure said he didn't like dynasties, but I guess only if the dynasty has a last name Bush - Kennedy's, Clinton's and Obama's are just dandy.

And what's with Democrats promoting the "little woman" for the highest office all the time? President of the United States isn't the same as snack chairman at the PTA.

Back in 2006 I wrote a haiku:

War of dynasties
Senator Hillary 'gainst
Governor Jeb

Funny how things work out. But I do appreciate the rebuke - I really do. That's why I posted the haiku.

You seem very easily impressed.

Cough, cough, Trump, cough, cough.

I am a big fan of Michelle Obama but...no.

Interesting notion...Michelle for President. I suppose she could convince a Democratically controlled Congress to suck more money out of our deficit-ridden government for intrusive liberal social programs. After all, she did that already and she wasn't actually in charge of anything. It can also be said that a Michelle Presidency would, in reality, be nothing more than one more term for Barak.

Would I vote for her? Not a chance!

Says the guy from the side that supports a racist, xenophobic schoolyard bully for president...even with the full knowledge that for the most part, he refuses to say what he would do to solve the problems he claims America has. "It'll be great, I'll be the best ever"...but when it comes to details of what he would do...*crickets*

No thanks, sir, for by choosing Trump to have his hand on the nuclear button, y'all have shown the world that y'all have forgotten what your responsibility is when it comes to choosing our nation's leader.

Says the guy from the side that supports a racist, xenophobic schoolyard bully for president...even with the full knowledge that for the most part, he refuses to say what he would do to solve the problems he claims America has. "It'll be great, I'll be the best ever"...but when it comes to details of what he would do...*crickets*

No thanks, sir, for by choosing Trump to have his hand on the nuclear button, y'all have shown the world that y'all have forgotten what your responsibility is when it comes to choosing our nation's leader.

Seems you forget who the other nominee is.

When something is impressive, I am indeed impressed. I believe that having a healthy sense of wonder is no more and no less important than having a healthy sense of cynicism (the 'goldilocks way' - too much or too little of anything is bad, including a sense of wonder).

The tone of the RNC speeches were almost all "the world's going to hell in a handbasket and Hillary's worse than Hitler, Stalin, and Pee-Wee Herman combined!!!!" Whereas her speech was positive, even uplifting, one that gives real reason not to fear, but to hope.

Of course, since y'all cannot allow yourselves to ever think anything complimentary of any liberal - much less one whose last name is Obama - you simply can't see what I'm referring to. Willful blindness, indeed...and you've no conception how it got that way (hint: it's not your fault).

Michelle Obama has been a disaster of a first lady. An overweight women who failed miserably in curbing childhood obesity.

Barack and Michelle represent empty promises and actions that are out of step of reality. Every Obama or Robinson in leadership has been a complete and utter failure.

First, since she has zero qualifications, she would have to run on her husbands name and win a seat in the senate. Thena fter accomplishing nothing in the senate she would need to be appointed secretary of state...again with no merit. Then...after accomplishing precisely dick in the office except getting a bunch of people killed and encouraging bloody revolts in many countries she could then resign from a failed post, engage in massively corrupt fundraising actions for her 'charity', and then mishandle (through carelessness or stupidity) classified message traffic. Then and only then would she be qualified to be the democrat nominee (provided she has the party apparatus screw over any legitimate candidates during the primary).

Considering it would be more of the same, absolutely not. Probably just as bad as that lying criminal, Hillary. She's not even qualified to work the cash register at McDonalds, let alone lead the United States.

First, since she has zero qualifications, she would have to run on her husbands name and win a seat in the senate. Thena fter accomplishing nothing in the senate she would need to be appointed secretary of state...again with no merit. Then...after accomplishing precisely dick in the office except getting a bunch of people killed and encouraging bloody revolts in many countries she could then resign from a failed post, engage in massively corrupt fundraising actions for her 'charity', and then mishandle (through carelessness or stupidity) classified message traffic. Then and only then would she be qualified to be the democrat nominee (provided she has the party apparatus screw over any legitimate candidates during the primary).
I'm screenshotting and saving this. Thank you, I don't think there's a better way to describe what Hillary has done.

Now THERE'S a good slogan for the Trump campaign ... "HILLARY HAS BAD BREADTH."

Cough, cough, Trump, cough, cough.

Good morning TC - I'm missing something here - Trump doesn't strike me as a little woman or allowed anywhere near a PTA. And I'm not aware of Trump being part of a dynasty or being the wife of a current or former President. But I won't suggest any of that is impossible.

And just to be clear, I have never and never will be a person who supports Trump's run for the Presidency of your great country. I have to say, though, that the start to the Dems' convention this week and what promises to come, sure looks like your Sea Chickens passing the ball on the one yard line with the Super Bowl a short run away.

Considering it would be more of the same, absolutely not. Probably just as bad as that lying criminal, Hillary. She's not even qualified to work the cash register at McDonalds, let alone lead the United States.

Gee - an alter-ego and response to Redress joins the site. Welcome and enjoy your time here.

If you think that Hillary's a racist, xenophobic schoolyard bully, then you really need to work on your sense of perception.

Yeah, it's not racist at all to affect a black accent when speaking to a black audience. :lamo

She squeezed every dollar possible out of the USA she could get her grubby hands on. And she still isn't done.

But she probably won't try to rip off the white house like Hillary did!

Don't let a teleprompter speech written by someone else for her to read fool you!

How exactly has Michelle Obama squeezed every dollar out of the USA?

Back
Top Bottom