• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Heard A Man Being Murdered, And No One Could Do Anything About It

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
An 18-year-old named Gabril Nikov was shot and killed just below my apartment window in Toronto two nights ago.

A witness who spoke to the Toronto Sun said he saw four men in an altercation just outside a Starbucks. They began fist fighting, and when the victim turned to enter the coffee shop, one of the men pulled out a gun and shot him five times in the back. Another witness who spoke to CTV News Toronto said that, before firing, the gunman said, “You owe us money. This is what happens when you mess with people.”
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/i-...rdered-and-no-one-could-do-anything-about-it/

An 18-year-old named Gabril Nikov was shot and killed just below my apartment window in Toronto two nights ago.

A witness who spoke to the Toronto Sun said he saw four men in an altercation just outside a Starbucks. They began fist fighting, and when the victim turned to enter the coffee shop, one of the men pulled out a gun and shot him five times in the back. Another witness who spoke to CTV News Toronto said that, before firing, the gunman said, “You owe us money. This is what happens when you mess with people.”
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/i-...rdered-and-no-one-could-do-anything-about-it/

And????

What point are you trying to make?

Or is this just another pointless thread?

And????

Really? You don't get it? and.......No thread that I post is pointless!

The basic right of self defense, is removed from Canadian citizens....

Is that not so obvious to you?

Are you Canadian?

Are you Canadian?

Nope....just read the article I posted.

Excerpt:

"Canada’s largest city, like many cities in the U.S., strictly regulates the possession and use of firearms, and Canadians do not have a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

This means that when I walk down the street, I have to rely on law enforcement to protect me from criminals with firearms. It’s that simple."

Nope....just read the article I posted.

Excerpt:

"Canada’s largest city, like many cities in the U.S., strictly regulates the possession and use of firearms, and Canadians do not have a Constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

This means that when I walk down the street, I have to rely on law enforcement to protect me from criminals with firearms. It’s that simple."

No thanks.

More fearmongering nonsense. Waste of my time.

I'm as pro gun as anyone and I pretty much have an arsenal at home, but how would the victim having a gun have changed what happened? He was shot in the back as he entered a Starbucks. I'm in Texas and it's probably easier to get a gun here than pretty much anywhere and we still have murders. I sometimes get a little annoyed at suggestions that we, in the US, need to do things more like other countries because each country is unique with unique history and culture. Well, that cuts both ways. I guess we can comment, but I wouldn't fault our Canadian friends if they told us to mind our own business.

I'm as pro gun as anyone and I pretty much have an arsenal at home, but how would the victim having a gun have changed what happened? He was shot in the back as he entered a Starbucks. I'm in Texas and it's probably easier to get a gun here than pretty much anywhere and we still have murders. I sometimes get a little annoyed at suggestions that we, in the US, need to do things more like other countries because each country is unique with unique history and culture. Well, that cuts both ways. I guess we can comment, but I wouldn't fault our Canadian friends if they told us to mind our own business.

I think the point is that Canada's gun control laws did not stop this murder.

That, and the fact if it's citizens had a right to keep and bear arms the killer might have been more cautious, not knowing when and if a nearby citizen might draw a weapon and act to stop him.

I mean, since you are in Texas with a right to carry...would you or a fellow armed Texan not have acted seeing this?

Last edited:

Having a gun would not have helped him. He was shot in the back as he walked away.

I think the point is that Canada's laws did not stop this murder.

That, and the fact if it's citizens had a right to keep and bear arms the killer might have been more cautious, not knowing when and if a nearby citizen might draw a weapon and act to stop him.

I mean, since you are in Texas with a right to carry...would you or a fellow armed Texan not have acted seeing this?

that's a good point. its why home invasion robberies are so much higher proportionately than cold B&Es in England versus the USA

Having a gun would not have helped him. He was shot in the back as he walked away.

if he had a chance to be armed, and if the killers worried about others in the area being armed, it may well have deterred their actions.

A late friend of mine used to diffuse tough guys all the time this way. I remember one time we were sitting at a bar when some weightlifter/Rhoid head started being a jerk. So Tom-a three tour silver star decorated retired US SF MSgt and 5th dan told the guy to calm down. and the Rhoidhead said "I can kill you" . Rather than Challenge the guy, quietly Tom said-you might get lucky but I have lots of friends in this place and at least one and maybe two of them will shoot you dead if you waste me. and that seemed to be enough to cause Mr Muscle head to leave. no one got hurt, no one got shot, and Mr Muscle head lived long enough to get busted for statutory rape a few months later.

if he had a chance to be armed, and if the killers worried about others in the area being armed, it may well have deterred their actions.

A late friend of mine used to diffuse tough guys all the time this way. I remember one time we were sitting at a bar when some weightlifter/Rhoid head started being a jerk. So Tom-a three tour silver star decorated retired US SF MSgt and 5th dan told the guy to calm down. and the Rhoidhead said "I can kill you" . Rather than Challenge the guy, quietly Tom said-you might get lucky but I have lots of friends in this place and at least one and maybe two of them will shoot you dead if you waste me. and that seemed to be enough to cause Mr Muscle head to leave. no one got hurt, no one got shot, and Mr Muscle head lived long enough to get busted for statutory rape a few months later.

Beware the man who has dangerous friends. LOL :)

He did, and he was the baddest dude in the place. You don't end up being the hand to hand instructor for the Greenie Beenies and an army boxing coach if you aren't a bad dude. and you'd never know it unless you were in his inner circle of friends. and since his friends knew he'd die saving a friend, he had friends that felt the same way about him. But he never was in danger, that Rhoid head would have lasted about 5 seconds.

but its that uncertainty that creates safety. The Rhoid head didn't know who the man's friends were-I was talking to my girlfriend who was the bartender at the time-and he certainly didn't know if people were packing since this was before the CCW bill passed but rhoid head didn't know that. the chance some one might have a gun and back this guy up was more than enough to stop someone getting his ass kicked-or worse

Yeah, maybe the shop owner would be alive if they had a gun...

Or, I dunno, MAYBE if they didn't borrow money from a violent gang? :roll:

see post # 9....he gets it.

See post # 9....he gets it. I wasn't talking about the victim.

that's a good point. its why home invasion robberies are so much higher proportionately than cold B&Es in England versus the USA

Yep.

I LOVE ....a happy ending! :lol:

Yes indeed. I always show respect to folks first..

Lot's of choices in life....

That's actually the main take away here. Don't involve yourself with thugs and you're far less likely to be murdered.

And????

Seems the murder was pretty pointless. Now those thugs will never get their money back. Yeah, don't seem to be effective businessmen there.

It's a good thing we have lots of guns in America so that sort of thing can't happen, right?

Back
Top Bottom