• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have no one to write to @ boot camp

I realized No one1 is going to write to me atbooot boot camp in January.

I don’t have girlfriend or anyth8bg.

I MAy hav3 drunken way too much as A result.

Man I just want girlfriend or some 1 to write to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! You will soon be off on a great start for something that will change your life.

IDK man she had some junk in her trunk. The Skype session we did was nice but it was only so much...

You think you're the first guy to write a chick while in a strange situation, disoriented, insecure and looking for validation? You're not at your strongest there. It wouldn't look good. I'm sure at the time it sounded great, but I'm working off statistics here.

Drills are allowed to read your stuff. They did. They have authority over what goes out and what doesn't. They helped you. An officer said, "we're not gonna let this guy do this to himself" and it was round filed.

Just write to yourself.

yeah, put your own bootcamp addy on there, you can write to yourself that way you'll be both sending and receiving mail.

No need to thank me.(y)

I think the only people i wrote were a friend, and my recruiters lmao. You'll be fine man. I can count on one hand the number of letters i sent and received during basic.

It's 9 weeks still for normal people right? That time will pass by in a flash. It was 14 weeks of infantry OSUT for me (which they've now changed to 22 weeks). So if you ever get lonely just think of all the stupid ass kids who signed up to be grunts who are in there for 22 weeks lmao

Yeah. They take your phone and shit. I didn't get a phone call for 5 weeks, and it was only a 1 minute call that week. In AIT I had my ipad and everything. It depends how long your AIT is. The longer your AIT the more chill it is, generally.

I genuinely will write to you, if you want.
I could be wrong, but I know for a fact at Relaxin Jackson these days, some of the kids get phone access way more than they should. I got mine a total of maybe two or three times over the course of 14 weeks for maybe 10 minutes at a time, and i thought the drills were probably being too generous.

My advice?

Don't write to anyone. Nobody. No family, no friends. Immerse yourself completely in Basic Training. Study, work on your uniform, keep your area squared away, work on your physical fitness. Try to do everything you can to not only meet standards, but exceed them. Avoid any distractions. If the opportunity arises to take on leadership positions...grab it.

btw, I went through Army Basic Training twice. The first time when I was 18 and later, when I rejoined the Army at age 30. The differences...in MY attitude...were like night and day. My advice to you comes from my experiences.
agree with everything here except taking on leadership positions. The drills will designate positions like PG and SL, and change them all the time, just to **** with you and your platoon. At least that was my experience. Just take what comes and roll with it, don't go chasing shit (which, apart from schools, is also my advice when you get to the force). Don't chase awards, don't chase promotions, don't chase deployments, MAYBE chase duty stations based on locale. Just do the right thing, focus on bettering yourself, and good things will come.

Thank you for the advice!

I signed my contract and did the oath today.
Hopefully you've been doing it for a while, but if not, start working out immediately. You don't need a gym, running, push ups, crunches, pull ups, dips, etc. The better shape you're in when you show up, the easier Basic Training will be.

I could be wrong, but I know for a fact at Relaxin Jackson these days, some of the kids get phone access way more than they should. I got mine a total of maybe two or three times over the course of 14 weeks for maybe 10 minutes at a time, and i thought the drills were probably being too generous.

1 or 2 times we were allowed to line up at 5 pay phones and make our phone call for 5 minutes (timed) in public.

Hopefully you've been doing it for a while, but if not, start working out immediately. You don't need a gym, running, push ups, crunches, pull ups, dips, etc. The better shape you're in when you show up, the easier Basic Training will be.

When I signed delayed enlistment (Aug), I started running and doing push/sit ups until Dec when I went to basic. It definitely helped a lot.

I realized No one1 is going to write to me atbooot boot camp in January.

I don’t have girlfriend or anyth8bg.

I MAy hav3 drunken way too much as A result.

Man I just want girlfriend or some 1 to write to me.

You signed up to serve our country?
Wow, much respect.
Like others already said, don't fall into the Jody trap.

If you think you can use a letter from a derp like me, I'll bite. :cool:

When I signed delayed enlistment (Aug), I started running and doing push/sit ups until Dec when I went to basic. It definitely helped a lot.
Army is having a bit of a paradigm shift when it comes to fitness, although the ACFT is having lots of teething issues right now. Lot more focus on functional fitness.

That being said, at this point I believe the APFT is still the PT test of record so your idea isn't terrible either.

Army is having a bit of a paradigm shift when it comes to fitness, although the ACFT is having lots of teething issues right now. Lot more focus on functional fitness.

That being said, at this point I believe the APFT is still the PT test of record so your idea isn't terrible either.

Any fitness preparation will help. The important thing is to use the time productively, to get in shape.

I don’t have a girlfriend, so thankfully(?) not that trap isn’t something I have to worry about 😂😭

You gonna see a man or two destroyed by Jody. Everybody hates Jody.

Do they still talk about old “Susie Rotten-crotch?”

”ain’t no need in lookin’ back………….Jody got your Cadillac!”

Focus yourself on getting through Basic and AIT....everything else is a secondary concern; once you get to your first duty station you need to learn your job first and then the job of the individual directly above you.

My advice?

Don't write to anyone. Nobody. No family, no friends. Immerse yourself completely in Basic Training. Study, work on your uniform, keep your area squared away, work on your physical fitness. Try to do everything you can to not only meet standards, but exceed them. Avoid any distractions. If the opportunity arises to take on leadership positions...grab it.

btw, I went through Army Basic Training twice. The first time when I was 18 and later, when I rejoined the Army at age 30. The differences...in MY attitude...were like night and day. My advice to you comes from my experiences.

"A wise man climbs Mt. Fuji once, only a fool climbs it twice." --- Old Japanese Proverb

My advice.... forget about talking to us. Get out there and put some miles on the road. Get your cardio. And push-ups. Do push-ups until you can't do any more. Then do 50 more.

You might as well get used to this now as well.... if you're looking for sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary.... right between s**t and syphilis.

Don't even think about sick call, either. Unless you've lost a body part, have coughed up a lung (bring the lung and/or said body part), or have a fever so high you're having conversations with your dead Uncle Bert, you're going to pay for it.... and probably in ways you didn't expect.

Aside from that, have fun! :)

"A wise man climbs Mt. Fuji once, only a fool climbs it twice." --- Old Japanese Proverb
I walked up Mt. Fuji when I was 14 years old.

Going back into the Army was a good thing for me.

That is no longer the case. It is officially the ACFT now. Also I believe basic alone is 13 weeks now + reception. They are making training longer across the board.

That is no longer the case. It is officially the ACFT now. Also I believe basic alone is 13 weeks now + reception. They are making training longer across the board.
Cray cray. Well, even less need for the misogynists to bitch about the female sniper in that other thread.

I guess for AIT it’s much more relaxed and people have a lot more privileges, but that’s not until after the initial boot camp.
First in the Glorious Army it's BASIC Training. What MOS are you looking at for your service? I hear the further to the rear the better the AIT time. I was 11B, my AIT made Basic seem almost dreamy. Just try and remember NCO's hate being called 'Sir'... ✌️

Back
Top Bottom