• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have found Religion!

Now, if you are done trying to get me to educate you on your own religion. I would like to talk more about the Sun. With other people. Not you. You annoy me something fierce.

That's fine, but when you go on to trash or mischaracterise Jesus and Christianity in your own thread, expect some push back.

As the name suggests the sun is symbolic of Christ. Christ, the Son, is the light of the world.

Last edited:
As the name suggests the sun is symbolic of Christ. Christ, the Son, is the light of the world.

Wrong.
According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the word sun comes from many sources, including the Latin sol. The Old English sunne likely derives from the old Germanic sunne; both attached a feminine gender to the “heavenly body.” There exist several variants of the word in other languages, such as zon or zonne (Dutch), sunna (Old High German, Gothic, and Old Norse), and sonne and son (Middle German). An Old Irish cognate is fur-sunnud, or “lighting-up.”

Conforming to usage of the Old English sunne, the feminine pronoun continued to be applied to the sun until around the 16th century. At this point, the masculine pronoun was more commonly used but “without necessarily implying personification,” and without any hard or fast rules. (The moon, on the other hand, was typically referred to with the feminine pronoun during this period.)

https://www.sciencefriday.com/articles/science-diction-sun/

Does your religion include a theodicy justifying such religious phenomena as basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma? ;)
Nope. It doesn't justify anything, to anyone. Because why would a god have to justify itself. It does what it does, and let's us do what we do. It's not asking us to justify sunscreen to protect us from it. So, it's pretty fair like that.
A commendably latitudinarian approach, I dare say!

So, I'd like to start a Church. And it turns out, it's quite easy. And it can make me rich. Who wants in?

IRS guidelines for starting a church.

distinct legal existence;
recognized creed and form of worship;
definite and distinct ecclesiastical government;
formal code of doctrine and discipline;
distinct religious history;
membership not associated with any other church or denomination;
organization of ordained ministers;
ordained ministers selected after completing prescribed courses of study;
literature of its own;
established places of worship;
regular congregations;
regular religious services;
Sunday schools for the religious instruction of the young;
schools for the preparation of its ministers.

So lets start by deciding on a recognized creed and form of worship.

What would be a good creed and form of worship for the Sun. Brainstorm with me.

"It's real, and it doesn't care who you ****"

"Without it, we would all freeze to death"

And for my form of worship. How bout nude sunbathing.

So, I'd like to start a Church. And it turns out, it's quite easy. And it can make me rich. Who wants in?

Only if you change the name of the Sun to Daughter.

Only if you change the name of the Sun to Daughter.

Hmmm. Can you give me some examples of how that would work in a sentence.

"Oh, Ye faithful come for our daily daughterbathing" ?

I might get the wrong type of parishioner if I do that.

Hmmm. Can you give me some examples of how that would work in a sentence.

"Oh, Ye faithful come for our daily daughterbathing" ?

I might get the wrong type of parishioner if I do that.

I never thought of that. We'll leave it as the Sun, and the word Sun has nothing to to with the word son. Logicman and Laska are avoiding that one.

I have only one question...how old are you?

I have only one question...how old are you?

Old enough to know religion is full of ****, young enough not to have been made retarded by leaded paint and gasoline.

I have a question for you. Have you been planting seeds with your pastor? You know, sending in money because Money is a sign that Jesus loves you. And if you send in a seed it will grow and return to you.

How much seed have you planted. And how do you feel knowing that money probably went to a preachers private jet when there are children starving in America. Not even Africa. Your own ****ing country.

But, yeah I'm the dufus for worshiping the sun.

Old enough to know religion is full of ****, young enough not to have been made retarded by leaded paint and gasoline.

I have a question for you. Have you been planting seeds with your pastor? You know, sending in money because Money is a sign that Jesus loves you. And if you send in a seed it will grow and return to you.

How much seed have you planted. And how do you feel knowing that money probably went to a preachers private jet when there are children starving in America. Not even Africa. Your own ****ing country.

But, yeah I'm the dufus for worshiping the sun.

I don't have a pastor...anything else?

I don't have a pastor...anything else?

No, you started this dumb ass line of questioning. And I don't care what you have. I don't care what you believe. And I don't care about your feelings concerning my beliefs. I find the Christian religion to be predatory, and harmful. Especially those damned evangelists. Who you strike me as the type to watch, and plant seeds with.

And before any angry Christian starts asking me pointed questions, and blah blah blah. Know this, I don't give a **** about your made up invisible friends. I don't think Christians are an inherently moral people. And I consider any Church that asks for donations to be fraudulent.

If you don't like it. Don't like it somewhere else.

No, you started this dumb ass line of questioning. And I don't care what you have. I don't care what you believe. And I don't care about your feelings concerning my beliefs. I find the Christian religion to be predatory, and harmful. Especially those damned evangelists. Who you strike me as the type to watch, and plant seeds with.

And before any angry Christian starts asking me pointed questions, and blah blah blah. Know this, I don't give a **** about your made up invisible friends. I don't think Christians are an inherently moral people. And I consider any Church that asks for donations to be fraudulent.

If you don't like it. Don't like it somewhere else.

Grow up...you'd be wrong...

Grow up...you'd be wrong...

Learn to think for yourself. I know it's hard. Probably the hardest thing you will ever do, but I promise it will only help the human race.

Watch that video. Pay close attention to the men of god, saying, don't spend your money on cancer treatments, send that money to me and plant the seed. Faith will heal you. 1,000 dollar seed, and you will be healed. In unrelated news, my third private jet is almost paid for. At the end of the day, I'm going to my 6.4 million dollar mansion. Which all of it is tax free, because you believe that giving me money will heal you. Don't be jealous now.

If we taxed just the evangelists that say fraudulent **** like that, we could pay for healthcare. I'm saying that the church of your religion takes in enough money to heal every single person in this country via scientific medicine with just a small percentage of what they take in. And the followers of christ, are buying jets, and mansions and going on rare game hunts. And building mega churches, that you have to buy a 100 dollar ticket to go listen to someone beg you for more money.

And I'm the one that needs to grow up?

Last edited:
Learn to think for yourself. I know it's hard. Probably the hardest thing you will ever do, but I promise it will only help the human race.

Watch that video. Pay close attention to the men of god, saying, don't spend your money on cancer treatments, send that money to me and plant the seed. Faith will heal you. 1,000 dollar seed, and you will be healed. In unrelated news, my third private jet is almost paid for. At the end of the day, I'm going to my 6.4 million dollar mansion. Which all of it is tax free, because you believe that giving me money will heal you. Don't be jealous now.

If we taxed just the evangelists that say fraudulent **** like that, we could pay for healthcare. I'm saying that the church of your religion takes in enough money to heal every single person in this country via scientific medicine with just a small percentage of what they take in. And the followers of christ, are buying jets, and mansions and going on rare game hunts. And building mega churches, that you have to buy a 100 dollar ticket to go listen to someone beg you for more money.

And I'm the one that needs to grow up?

What part of "I don't follow or listen to any pastor" do you not comprehend? You are preaching to the choir...SMH...

Would sunburn be a blessing? And suntan, a sign of Election?

Then stop ****ing with my attempt to slowly expose the corrupted process of starting a church for profit. While showing everyone how easy it is to assume a stance of moral high ground. While exposing how easy it is to pick a group to scapegoat others into providing me support.

If you're the choir, I shouldn't have to explain it to you. Should I?

So you are of the old adage...if ya can't beat em, join? What in the heck does that accomplish in your small mind?

So you are of the old adage...if ya can't beat em, join? What in the heck does that accomplish in your small mind?

Wow, I literally spelled it out for you and you got it wrong.

I don't explain things twice, if you don't get it, that's on you. It's not my responsibility to make you understand.

Wow, I literally spelled it out for you and you got it wrong.

I don't explain things twice, if you don't get it, that's on you. It's not my responsibility to make you understand.

Oh I understand perfectly...you have fun with that for it'll go nowhere just like you...

Oh I understand perfectly...you have fun with that for it'll go nowhere just like you...

yeah, and when you die, nothing is going to happen. No heaven, no hell. You're whole life will have been spent believing in nonsense. And all the things you don't do, because Christ doesn't like it. All the people you judge, and put down, and ignore because they don't conform to your imaginary friends idea of how we should live. Will be enjoyed by others, uplifted by others, as you and your people are slowly left out of history.

A sad ignorant chapter in our evolution as a species.

But none of it will matter, because there is no afterlife. So technically, you're right, I'm headed nowhere. And so are you. And the rest of us.

As for my life, well, I'm a Scottish Laird. Who works maybe 2 months a year, and makes enough to support his family and be a stay at home dad. Because I got a free education, on scholarship, that let me work my way up the ladder of an Insurance Company. To the point, I made a couple grand just typing this. At home.

Also I'm debt free. I once won the national wing making competition in Buffalo, NY. I invented an hydroponic garden that looks like a fridge, and grow a a months supply of food using led lights. Got a patent on that sucker to.

Right now, I'm working on developing a food factory in cold climate areas of Northern Canada. And investing in desalination plants along the coasts.

And once I have my first factory up and running, I plan on getting a 3d house printer and buying large tracks of land for homeless people.

Oh, and I inherited no wealth. In fact, my parents were white supremacists that used their faith to indoctrinate hate into their children. They are both dead, one died in prison in a race riot. They had their own church. As well as their own militia.

And if you are wondering how I am a Scottish Laird, my wife bought me the title last year with some land in Glencoe. For Father's day.

So I maybe going nowhere, but I'm definitely doing it better than you.

yeah, and when you die, nothing is going to happen. No heaven, no hell. You're whole life will have been spent believing in nonsense. And all the things you don't do, because Christ doesn't like it. All the people you judge, and put down, and ignore because they don't conform to your imaginary friends idea of how we should live. Will be enjoyed by others, uplifted by others, as you and your people are slowly left out of history.

A sad ignorant chapter in our evolution as a species.

But none of it will matter, because there is no afterlife. So technically, you're right, I'm headed nowhere. And so are you. And the rest of us.

As for my life, well, I'm a Scottish Laird. Who works maybe 2 months a year, and makes enough to support his family and be a stay at home dad. Because I got a free education, on scholarship, that let me work my way up the ladder of an Insurance Company. To the point, I made a couple grand just typing this. At home.

Also I'm debt free. I once won the national wing making competition in Buffalo, NY. I invented an hydroponic garden that looks like a fridge, and grow a a months supply of food using led lights. Got a patent on that sucker to.

Right now, I'm working on developing a food factory in cold climate areas of Northern Canada. And investing in desalination plants along the coasts.

And once I have my first factory up and running, I plan on getting a 3d house printer and buying large tracks of land for homeless people.

Oh, and I inherited no wealth. In fact, my parents were white supremacists that used their faith to indoctrinate hate into their children. They are both dead, one died in prison in a race riot. They had their own church. As well as their own militia.

And if you are wondering how I am a Scottish Laird, my wife bought me the title last year with some land in Glencoe. For Father's day.

So I maybe going nowhere, but I'm definitely doing it better than you.

Got the perfect slogan for you and your religion...some men think the sun comes up just to hear them crow...:thumbs:

Got the perfect slogan for you and your religion...some men think the sun comes up just to hear them crow...:thumbs:

Better than... believe in me or I'll punish you for all of eternity, and I love you by the way, now give me money...

Back
Top Bottom