• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have bed bugs!!!

Gray_Fox_86

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
OK, so some crappy hostel I stayed at I woke up with a bunch of bites on my arm. Figured it was nothing then I went to another hostel like several days later and wake up with a bunch of bites on my stomach. I realized that one of the reviews of the hostel I stayed at mentions bed bugs, and I have looked at many pictures on the internet of what bed bug bites look like. And that is what I have on my arm, stomach, legs, thigh and I cannot get rid of them. Any suggestion?

If you are now at home and have bed bugs

Wash all your clothes, and keep them from your bedroom, vacuum everything you can in your bedroom.

Call an exterminator.

If you are at a hostel still

Wash all your clothes and ensure you use a dryer. Empty out your luggage, and try to clean it out if possible. Perhaps submerge it in water to drown the little buggers if it wont ruin your luggage.

You do not want the bugs to come home with you, if they do they will be very hard to get rid of

If you are now at home and have bed bugs

Wash all your clothes, and keep them from your bedroom, vacuum everything you can in your bedroom.

Call an exterminator.

If you are at a hostel still

Wash all your clothes and ensure you use a dryer. Empty out your luggage, and try to clean it out if possible. Perhaps submerge it in water to drown the little buggers if it wont ruin your luggage.

You do not want the bugs to come home with you, if they do they will be very hard to get rid of

out of curiosity though, if i were to look for them would i be able to see them? Because I did clean my luggage last time i moved. And I shook every piece of clothing, was it for nothing?

out of curiosity though, if i were to look for them would i be able to see them? Because I did clean my luggage last time i moved. And I shook every piece of clothing, was it for nothing?

I have never seen them, but they are small enough to hide in your matteress, so I think they could hide in the material of your luggage without being seen

It is recommended that you do not place your luggage or clothes on the bed of any hotel room you stay at to help prevent the bugs from getting into your luggage and or clothes

OK, so some crappy hostel I stayed at I woke up with a bunch of bites on my arm. Figured it was nothing then I went to another hostel like several days later and wake up with a bunch of bites on my stomach. I realized that one of the reviews of the hostel I stayed at mentions bed bugs, and I have looked at many pictures on the internet of what bed bug bites look like. And that is what I have on my arm, stomach, legs, thigh and I cannot get rid of them. Any suggestion?

If you're still out of country, I strongly recommend that you not luggage home with you.
If you can afford it.

Get a new bag (or whatever you're using) and wash all your clothes.
I've never had them but they are a nightmare, if brought back to your home.
Incredibly hard to get rid of from a house.

If you're still out of country, I strongly recommend that you not luggage home with you.
If you can afford it.

Get a new bag (or whatever you're using) and wash all your clothes.
I've never had them but they are a nightmare, if brought back to your home.
Incredibly hard to get rid of from a house.

This.

Do not take this lightly, Grey. Bedbugs will become an infestation, and they are extremely difficult to get rid of. It's seriously one of my biggest fears. :scared:

If you're staying in a strange bed, strip the sheets and look carefully at the mattress seams. That's where they often hide 'til a tastey morsel lies down. Also, check the headboard.

Back
Top Bottom