• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have always supported a woman's right to make her own decisions about her reproductive health.....always.

If a woman is pregnant, in the early stages, I have heard that ALL of the unborn are women in the developmental stages with the males splitting off later in gestation.

There are more women than men alive and walking around right now.

It seems like supporting the right of women to abort, especially in the early stages of pregnancy, would be support for the termination of women.
Source this please. That's false...every zygote comes with its Y chromosomes if it's going to become a male.

Nice try tho.

(I doubt I'll see an acknowledgment to this)

Who sees women as only sex objects when they are available to enjoy sex? Did this come from your Catholic cult?

And if men only see women that way when they get sex...that's the men's ignorance and stupidity and loss.. Why not re-educate men instead of trying to get women to miss out on enjoying sex? Why punish us?

Seems like your cult is the one teaching men to disrespect women.
Take a look at the new role model for young girls everywhere. Amy Coney Barrett. Highly esteemed. Highly respected by both sides. Devout Catholic. She's how all you women should act.

Who sees women as only sex objects when they are available to enjoy sex? Did this come from your Catholic cult?

And if men only see women that way when they get sex...that's the men's ignorance and stupidity and loss.. Why not re-educate men instead of trying to get women to miss out on enjoying sex? Why punish us?

Seems like your cult is the one teaching men to disrespect women.
She's not 'anybody' yet.

Now please answer my question. Why wont you hold men accountable for their ignorance and misogyny? Why not re-educate men to respect women? Men are wrong to view women that way, arent they?

She's not 'anybody' yet.

Now please answer my question. Why wont you hold men accountable for their ignorance and misogyny? Why not re-educate men to respect women? Men are wrong to view women that way, arent they?
The RCC does teach men to respect women. That's why no sex until marriage.

The RCC does teach men to respect women. That's why no sex until marriage.
Well you keep saying that men look at women as sex objects if they use birth control or have sex before marriage.

That's wrong. Men should never look at women that way...why doesnt your cult teach men differently, if they truly love and honor women as you claim?

Well you keep saying that men look at women as sex objects if they use birth control or have sex before marriage.

That's wrong. Men should never look at women that way...why doesnt your cult teach men differently, if they truly love and honor women as you claim?
So you think cheapening women will make men treat them better? How so?

So you think cheapening women will make men treat them better? How so?
Who says that that cheapens women? Again...is that from your cult?

Even if it's not...why isnt your cult teaching it's members that that's wrong? I thought your cult honored and respected women?

Catholic men sleep with women outside marriage all the time...so then why do they disrespect women? How are the women at fault if the men are participating voluntarily?

Where is the Catholic cult calling these men 'sex objects?' The women are 'doing it to them.' Objectifying them (and hopefully enjoying themselves). Why is it different (from the cult's perspective?)

Even if it's not...why isnt your cult teaching it's members that that's wrong? I thought your cult honored and respected women?
It’s pretty obvious promoting sex without commitment as you’re doing cheapens women

It’s pretty obvious promoting sex without commitment as you’re doing cheapens women

Who says?

And then please explain how it doesnt cheapen the men that sleep with them?

The RCC does teach cheapening and devaluing women and men through sex outside marriage is wrong. Only heretics deny that explicit teaching.

There are 0 unborn women. None, zero, zilch, nada. ALL women are born.

I heard that one of the California Fires currently raging was ignited by a "Gender Reveal Party".

Was the revealed gender just a blind guess by the morons who started the fire?

Abortion is pure evil. Birth Control is a solution ahead of a problem.

I don't agree. Abortion is a medical procedure that is a last resort for women whose BC has failed. That's how I see it anyway. I do agree that using birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy is the preferred option. I don't believe any woman likes abortion over birth control. However, there are no BC methods that are 100% guaranteed against pregnancy, so BC failures can and do happen. And before anyone goes there, I don't consider total abstinence from sex to be a BC method.

Take a look at the new role model for young girls everywhere. Amy Coney Barrett. Highly esteemed. Highly respected by both sides. Devout Catholic. She's how all you women should act.

UGH, no thank you! I'd recommend the late, highly respected, USSC Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg as a great role model for young girls everywhere. I wouldn't recommend Barrett as a role model to any girl.

Women’s Health: I believe women have a right to access healthcare without discrimination and have always supported a woman's right to make her own decisions about her reproductive health.

I categorically reject the divisive rhetoric of "pro-abortion" labels and support data-driven efforts to reduce abortion rates by improving access to comprehensive sex education as well as affordable family planning.

You actually have no right to plan your family. If you are a woman married to a man you are supposed to bear as many children as you can get pregnant with. If you are a man you are supposed to support as large a family as you are blessed with. Birth control is an affirmative evil because it distorts the purpose of the Conjugal act

You actually have no right to plan your family. If you are a woman married to a man you are supposed to bear as many children as you can get pregnant with. If you are a man you are supposed to support as large a family as you are blessed with. Birth control is an affirmative evil because it distorts the purpose of the Conjugal act.

Eeeewwww, the very idea of that is disgusting. And it's not true what you said in your first statement, a woman has every right to plan her family. If she chooses no family (children), she can use birth control or permanent sterilization to make sure she never gets pregnant.

But hey, thanks for the reminder of why I avoided both marriage and motherhood.

Eeeewwww, the very idea of that is disgusting. And it's not true what you said in your first statement, a woman has every right to plan her family. If she chooses no family (children), she can use birth control or permanent sterilization to make sure she never gets pregnant.

Yeah you have a legal so called “right” to mutilate your body and kill your children as long as they’re little enough.

It’s still against the natural law

I don't agree. Abortion is a medical procedure that is a last resort for women whose BC has failed. That's how I see it anyway. I do agree that using birth control to prevent unwanted pregnancy is the preferred option. I don't believe any woman likes abortion over birth control. However, there are no BC methods that are 100% guaranteed against pregnancy, so BC failures can and do happen. And before anyone goes there, I don't consider total abstinence from sex to be a BC method.
So for a woman, having sex with a man is very dangerous?

UGH, no thank you! I'd recommend the late, highly respected, USSC Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg as a great role model for young girls everywhere. I wouldn't recommend Barrett as a role model to any girl.
What could there possibly be not to like about the generous intelligent hardworking Barrett who cares about humanity so much, she adopted poor unfortunate kids in addition to having a large family? Colleagues on both the left and right LOVE her.

What could there possibly be not to like about the generous intelligent hardworking Barrett who cares about humanity so much, she adopted poor unfortunate kids in addition to having a large family? Colleagues on both the left and right LOVE her.
Barrett will be a Justice of the Supreme Court and it drives our Communists crazy.

Oh, you're not married. I hadn't realized that.
So you aren't allowed to have sex anyway, so the abortion issue is moot for you. You aren't entitled to an opinion. Only married women are, and they overwhelmingly oppose abortion.

Sex is for grown ups who marry ONLY.

An empathetic argument won't work because the truth is at the end of the day they are fine if people suffer and die as a result of being ignorant and poor.

This is your position as well. Wherever you live, I can find a homeless bum who you could give money to - but you won't. You are perfectly fine with people suffering and dying in order for you to keep your material luxuries.

This is your position as well. Wherever you live, I can find a homeless bum who you could give money to - but you won't. You are perfectly fine with people suffering and dying in order for you to keep your material luxuries.

Homelessness is an endemic problem and can't be solved with individual donations. The people you are accusing of not giving money to a homeless person are supporting their state and local programs with their taxes. Some are even involved on committee levels. Very few massive problems can be solved with individual donations. That is not to day that one shouldn't give to individuals and to the organizations working on the problem. But in the end it takes a concerted effort that can usually only be done on a community, state or federal level.

I'm guessing that there are several world wide problems that you are perfectly fine with people suffering (deaths from increased yearly flooding in Bangladesh, persecution of the Uyghurs in China, poverty in Somalia) while you live in relative comfort.

Last edited:
Homelessness is an endemic problem and can't be solved with individual donations.

You're wrong, as usual. Let's look at the numbers:
In January 2018, 552,830 people were counted as homeless in the United States. Of those, 194,467 (35 percent) were unsheltered, and 358,363 (65 percent) were sheltered. The overall homeless population on a single night represents 0.2 percent of the U.S. population, or 17 people per 10,000 in the population.

You're telling me that 10,000 people couldn't solve homelessness for 17 people if they wanted to?

Say we give each homeless person $1000 per month for housing, so we need to come up with 17k per month in order to house them. If each of the 10,000 people contributed just $2 per month, that's 20k per month - problem solved.

But people like you and dex4974 aren't willing to give up anything for them. You are both perfectly fine with letting people die in order to keep your luxuries. You are both "social darwinists". You are both greedy, self-interested assholes, just like the conservatives you denounce.

I'm guessing that there are several world wide problems that you are perfectly fine with people suffering while you live in relative comfort.

Correct. I'm just like you and dex4974.

Back
Top Bottom