• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have a suggestion about how the administration should release INFORMATION

Menard_K

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Since the whole technology bit got rolling,
the various administrations have relied on Telegraph ( or? )
to send out INFORMATION that the public should have.
now "white house press releases" are aired on TV & a gaggle of
reporters ( if any of them are worthy of that title ) ask soft-ball questions,
and a well trained white house minion does his level best to not answer any of them.

I have a suggestion, have a web-page created & call it Citizens daily briefing (dot) gov
and mandate that some bits MUST show up on this page, such as pending legislation,
with links to the full text of said legislation + the standard crap from the President
only NOT with reporters lobbing soft-ball questions but have a blog format with citizens
logging in and expressing their questions in writing and WE THE PEOPLE will not hold back,
& just engage in "soft-ball" questions ... WE will ask the difficult questions & DEMAND ANSWERS.

What do YOU think?

Way cool Idea .... or?

and a well trained white house minion does his level best to not answer any of them.

I have a suggestion, have a web-page created & call it Citizens daily briefing (dot) gov
and mandate that some bits MUST show up on this page, such as pending legislation,
with links to the full text of said legislation + the standard crap from the President
only NOT with reporters lobbing soft-ball questions but have a blog format with citizens
logging in and expressing their questions in writing and WE THE PEOPLE will not hold back,
& just engage in "soft-ball" questions ... WE will ask the difficult questions & DEMAND ANSWERS.

What do YOU think?

Way cool Idea .... or?

Yet another unmet Obama campaign promise? ;)

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/22/us/politics/22pledge.html?_r=0

What do YOU think?

Way cool Idea .... or?

What makes you think any government official on such a webpage would not try "his level best to not answer" these questions?

What makes you think any government official on such a webpage would not try "his level best to not answer" these questions?

Seeing how politicians duck REAL questions, would ( I can only HOPE ) wake up AMERICA to the fact that our "leaders" don't care at all about WE THE PEOPLE. They care about their own little world that is populated by lobbyists & daddy big bux types.

Seeing how politicians duck REAL questions, would ( I can only HOPE ) wake up AMERICA to the fact that our "leaders" don't care at all about WE THE PEOPLE. They care about their own little world that is populated by lobbyists & daddy big bux types.

Yes...you can only hope.

I have that same hope whenever I see a politician being asked a question on the Sunday morning news programs.

Back
Top Bottom