• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have A Question For The Republicans

Why is it that after the president went along with the Republicans when they wanted to stop the automatic, built in, scheduled termination of the Bush tax cuts in 2011 that the bastards have never accommodated him on anything he wanted to do?

This is the sorriest excuse for a house of representatives that I've ever seen....'course I'm just 79. The Tea Party extremists will completely ruin what we have and what was bought and paid for by a a lot of young blood......and I don't mean Iraq which bought nothing. 4500 young Americans died because an administration was hell bent to remove Saddam Hussein from power.......the reason? Saddam tried to assassinate Bush's daddy in 1993.

Perhaps you forgot that they gave the president a tax hike earlier this year......

More like: This is what you get when you pass a massive overhaul of healthcare and do not include the GOP in the process, do not consult with them, demonize them during closed door partisan sessions and then pass it with zero GOP votes.

Are people really wondering why Republicans aren't liking this law?

Are you kidding? The reason that we have the Republican/Heritage Foundation Individual mandate is because Obama was trying to reach out to the Republicans and the bluedogs. The GOP was going to oppose everything and anything, including THEIR OWN IDEAS. Don't be ridiculous.

Are you kidding? The reason that we have the Republican/Heritage Foundation Individual mandate is because Obama was trying to reach out to the Republicans and the bluedogs. The GOP was going to oppose everything and anything, including THEIR OWN IDEAS. Don't be ridiculous.

Wasn't true when you said it in the other thread, isn't true here either.

Wasn't true when you said it in the other thread, isn't true here either.

Its absolutely true. Not a single Republican was willing to vote for the public option and there were a handful of bluedogs that weren't on board either. As a result, Obama went back to drawing board, trying to come up with an alternative that the Republicans would support. So he drew upon REPUBLICAN IDEAS....thus the individual mandate which was a product of the Heritage Foundation and something that the GOP had proposed previously. When they voted against that it became crystal clear that the GOP, was going to vote no on everything and anything that Obama proposed, because their sole agenda was to simply say no. That is how the GOP came to be known as the "PARTY OF NO". Need a further lesson?

Funny - after about a month in office, the Republicans supported President Obama's stimulus package, almost $1 trillion, the largest such stimulus in American or world history, and then Obama proceeded to have no "shovel ready" jobs ready, had no strategy to improve the employment picture, seized the assets of GM and Chrysler and virtually gave the two companies to his union pals, and spent his first year in office badmouthing the Republicans for not going along with his disasterous takeover of the country's health insurance system.

What part of that record engenders any desire to work cooperatively with the fool?

Besides, Obama and the Democrats controlled all three branches of the legislative arm of government in the first two years and accomplished virtually nothing to improve the economy and brought in a health insurance law that stagnated the economy further creating the worse recovery from a recession in the history of your country.

Since the Democrat fools couldn't seem to do anything when they had all the power, why would Republicans join in their disaster by doing what they know is wrong just because Obama wants it?

George Bush and his advisors handed nearly a trillion dollars to the most powerful financial institutions in the world. He left a failed economy bleeding 750,000 jobs a month just like the end of the Hoover years in the early thirties. It took FDR eight years and a world war to straighten up that rich man's mess. You can go ahead and get used to Democrats. Can you say Madame President?

Can you say Madame President?

I could, if I lived in Liberia.

I could say Madame Prime Minister here in Canada for about 20 seconds back in the 1990's.

Perhaps, if America ever comes up with an "Iron Lady", like the British did, you might enjoy saying Madame President sometime - but such a lady is nowhere in sight, in the American political realm.

I could say Madame Prime Minister here in Canada for about 20 seconds back in the 1990's.

Perhaps, if America ever comes up with an "Iron Lady", like the British did, you might enjoy saying Madame President sometime - but such a lady is nowhere in sight, in the American political realm.

OK...who will beat Hillary? Would you like to pick Christy, Rand Paul or Ted Cruz!!

Who ever it is unless Jesus returns will lose by a margin worse than McCain and Palin. As best I recollect that was:

OBAMA.......332
ROMNEY.....206

not far fetched to see hillary win the presidency. hell, we would get two for one
Elizabeth Warren would be a great president
ditto for Michelle Obama ... who would show up with a better understanding of what needs to be done than her spouse did

of the oft-mentioned GOP prospects only christie could draw votes from the demo base and moderates; those who decide the elections

Obama doesn't reach out to his own party, let alone the Republicans. Everything I said was true. Democrats did this on their own, with zero input from Republicans who certainly wanted to be involved. Gee... wonder why the bill is fatally flawed, costs more, still leaves millions uninsured, and is unpopular with the American public. :lamo

Obama doesn't reach out to his own party, let alone the Republicans. Everything I said was true. Democrats did this on their own, with zero input from Republicans who certainly wanted to be involved. Gee... wonder why the bill is fatally flawed, costs more, still leaves millions uninsured, and is unpopular with the American public. :lamo

That just doesn't fit within history....sorry. Where do you think that the individual mandate came from? Why do you believe that the individual mandate was put into the ACA as a substitute for the Public Option? Do you have any recollection of what took place while the ACA was being debated? Do you remember the numerous versions in order to try to bring Republicans and bluedogs to the table? Of course you don't.....

That just doesn't fit within history....sorry. Where do you think that the individual mandate came from? Why do you believe that the individual mandate was put into the ACA as a substitute for the Public Option? Do you have any recollection of what took place while the ACA was being debated? Do you remember the numerous versions in order to try to bring Republicans and bluedogs to the table? Of course you don't.....

Show me the House and Senate final vote total for ACA.
Show me the number of bi-partisan conferences with Democrats hammering out the ACA.

You should know better than to try that revisionist nonsense on me.

Show me the House and Senate final vote total for ACA.
Show me the number of bi-partisan conferences with Democrats hammering out the ACA.

You should know better than to try that revisionist nonsense on me.

go back and look at the legislative history of the bill. If you honestly believe that there were not numerous revisions made to try to appease moderate Republicans and bluedog democrats than you are fooled. Where do you think the idea of the individual mandate originated...and why was it substituted in when it became clear that the public option was going to be voted down by all Republicans and a handful of bluedogs?

go back and look at the legislative history of the bill. If you honestly believe that there were not numerous revisions made to try to appease moderate Republicans and bluedog democrats than you are fooled. Where do you think the idea of the individual mandate originated...and why was it substituted in when it became clear that the public option was going to be voted down by all Republicans and a handful of bluedogs?

I asked the question already knowing the answer. You haven't presented an answer to either question and it's not surprising why.

I asked the question already knowing the answer. You haven't presented an answer to either question and it's not surprising why.

Then you obviously didn't read. I KNOW where the idea for the individual mandate originated and told you, do you disagree?....if so, where do you believe the idea originated? I KNOW how the individual mandate came to be part of the ACA and stated so clearly....do you disagree that this is how it came about? If so, why do you believe that the individual mandate came to the ACA if not as a substitute for the public option in order to try to appease moderate Republicans and bluedogs. I'll await your response.

Then you obviously didn't read. I KNOW where the idea for the individual mandate originated and told you, do you disagree?....if so, where do you believe the idea originated?
Origination is irrelevant. How many GOP members were in conference with Democrats creating the bill? You don't answer.

How many GOP aye votes in the House and Senate for passage of ACA? You won't answer.

I am not a republican, but I need to ask.
Why should they accommodate him on anything that they are opposed to?

It makes no sense for them to do so at all.

There is a very simple answer to that.

well... look at this way...

The ACA was passed in 2009 by congress and senate regardless how controversial it was, It did pass the congress and was signed by the president...So it became the Law despite 43 attempts by the house to over turn it, it did stay the law. Even the Supreme court ruled that law is constitutional. Which means despite people's personal feeling on the matter it passed all the bars and now it is the law of the land.

Elections have consequences, this temper tantrum thrown by Republicans on a law that they don't like (they can't even overturn it so they want president to defund it) and for it they are willing to shut the government and subsequently hurt tens of thousands of Americans in the process because republicans disagree with president on the ideology.

This suppose to be a Democratic Republic and things get done with both side decide to compromise. Last time The house majority leader said that they (meaning Republicans in the house) got 90% of what they asked for, so to me it means President and Democrats although weak or really bad negotiators are not the uncompromising ones. So the big question is why has it got to this point, or better yet why is it even allowed to get to this point. Last time even the thread of not raising the debt limit hurt AAA rating of the country, so are republican why are willing throw the baby with the bathwater Just because they can?

The congress has lost the sight of their purpose...Their purpose is not to be reelected election after election but rather to make things better for All Americans. And no they are not doing it because most Americans want that, if that was true 90% of American are for some sort of Gun protection Law or better background checks Law, and yet we see no move from this congress bending to the will of the people on that. This is fanaticism on behave of Republicans, and because of it the country and Americans will suffer for it.

The simple answer to your question is because For the Good of the Country!

Diving Mullah

Why is it that after the president went along with the Republicans when they wanted to stop the automatic, built in, scheduled termination of the Bush tax cuts in 2011 that the bastards have never accommodated him on anything he wanted to do?

This is the sorriest excuse for a house of representatives that I've ever seen....'course I'm just 79. The Tea Party extremists will completely ruin what we have and what was bought and paid for by a a lot of young blood......and I don't mean Iraq which bought nothing. 4500 young Americans died because an administration was hell bent to remove Saddam Hussein from power.......the reason? Saddam tried to assassinate Bush's daddy in 1993.

It's funny my daughter and I were just discussing this yesterday. She is 19 and wants to like everyone and is honestly torn by how she feels about republicans. She says, "they just all seem like assholes mom. I don't want to think that and I am sure that there are exceptions, there always are, but it seems like they are the party of self interest"....from the mouths of babes in my opinion. Here is a little something of what we concluded. Their priority is immediate profit, protecting it and growing it everything else is a distant third (because in second place is longer term profit). That's the first and biggest problem. This preoccupation pushes them towards policies that serve this very short term interest at what ever costs to the population that they can get away with by masquerading them as being rooted in "family values" and/or "freedom".

OK...who will beat Hillary? Would you like to pick Christy, Rand Paul or Ted Cruz!!

Who ever it is unless Jesus returns will lose by a margin worse than McCain and Palin. As best I recollect that was:

OBAMA.......332
ROMNEY.....206

Clinton isn't likely, even if she does run. If the American economy continues to struggle and Obamacare continues to dampen employment and economic activity, I see no way that Americans will be foolish enough to give another Democrat a shot at the White House in 2016.

As I've said previously, Jeb Bush will be the next President of the United States.

t
Clinton isn't likely, even if she does run. If the American economy continues to struggle and Obamacare continues to dampen employment and economic activity, I see no way that Americans will be foolish enough to give another Democrat a shot at the White House in 2016.

As I've said previously, Jeb Bush will be the next President of the United States.

if his last name was not 'bush', he might have a genuine shot
but dubya did in is his smarter brother's potential career in national politics

Don't bet money on that. What I've learned in the last 5 years is all Democrats need to do is give high hopes, make lots of promises they'll never keep, have some charisma and be show in the media with a halo around them and they'll get voted in. Who wants to have to deal with the hard issues that will cause people to tighten their belts? No one... just keep the dice rolling until we're broke then we'll deal with it. That's the mentality.

What they are opposed to is the first black president. They despise the ground he walks on and it got worse after the election last year. They'll have a heart attack after Hillary is elected. I wonder who will get the **** kicked out of 'em.....Christy, Rand Paul or Cruz?

Hey - the overwhelming vast majority of us don't care that Obama is black. But we do care that he is a loony left-wing radical with zero executive experience whose policies are destroying America.

not far fetched to see hillary win the presidency. hell, we would get two for one
Elizabeth Warren would be a great president
ditto for Michelle Obama ... who would show up with a better understanding of what needs to be done than her spouse did

of the oft-mentioned GOP prospects only christie could draw votes from the demo base and moderates; those who decide the elections

You mistake women you like for people capable of running the country. Aren't you tired of having a President you seem to like but who's a complete disaster in the job? Wouldn't you like to have a President who actually led and ran something instead of the wife of someone who happened to get elected. Did Bill Gates recommend that Melinda run Microsoft when he retired from control?

Warren and her fake Native American ancestry isn't ready to lead anything and if Americans think that having either Bill Clinton or Barack Obama as the First "Spouse" is a good idea, they're even dumber than I thought after giving Obama a second term with all the evidence suggesting that was a terrible idea.

Because Obama's policies are horse sh*t. Period.

In addition, Obama thinks he's some kind of a king or something. Up until today he's refused to negotiate needed changes in the ACA, but he himself makes 19 Executive Order changes to the act without consulting with Congress like he should be doing.

Back
Top Bottom