• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have A Question For The Republicans

\\
Absolutely, you wouldn't see the democrats threatening to shut down the government.

See... I gave an opportunity for honesty and I'm disappointed again.

So I will take it to mean you chose to insult a 19yr old child you do not know. Way to prove her point kids.

Why do you assume everything is about you? My post was sent to Ray410. Sheesh! :thumbdown:

All the more reason those in charge or constructing the bill (at the time) could have show some bi-partisan good will and put them in. But they didn't...

One has nothing to do with the other. Fraud is fraud, pre-existing conditions is something else.

The issue of reducing health care costs was a canard from the start - covering 30 million more people (again, that was being circulated at the time) and reducing costs per person was a joke as no one ever explained that math.

i don't think we can pride ourselves in our health care system if people die from lack of health insurance coverage. to be perfectly honest i don't know much about the health care system, not my field of study, but if someone dies from a abscessed tooth because his insurance could not provide him access to a dentist or doctor, i find that something is wrong in this system.

See... I gave an opportunity for honesty and I'm disappointed again.

I am being honest....sorry if you fail to comprehend that. When have the Democrats shut down the government and thrown a tantrum similar to what the teabaggers are doing today?

i don't think we can pride ourselves in our health care system if people die from lack of health insurance coverage. to be perfectly honest i don't know much about the health care system, not my field of study, but if someone dies from a abscessed tooth because his insurance could not provide him access to a dentist or doctor, i find that something is wrong in this system.

Obamacare won't help with that. Dental insurance is not included in health insurance. Silly and stupid as it is, your vision, your hearing and your teeth are all add-on insurances. And though many standard health insurances now include some provision for hearing and vision, dental remains a separate deal.

I really don't see why the ACA is even legal. First of all, the only reason it passed was because of what I would call illegal bribes - the Cornhusker Kickback, the Louisiana Purchase, etc. How in the Sam Hill did those pass muster without someone going to jail?

Second, the Supreme Court only approved it because contributions were considered a "tax." And according to the Constitution, ALL tax bills have to originate in the House. ACA originated in the Senate.

I also just heard something very disturbing on the news - that even under the cheapest ACA plan ('Bronze' coverage), the deductible will be in the $4K to $5K range before benefits can kick in. Which poor families do you know can afford that? And that's the (quote) AFFORDABLE CARE ACT?

That is purely your bias and uninformed opinion. ACA passed the House, it passed the Senate, and Signed by President and confirmed by United States Supreme Court as constitutional. This is how the United States Government Works. The laws of this land however just or unjust you think they are, ARE not subjected to the few minority congressmen going on temper tantrum and holding the entire country hostage and millions without getting paid because they don't like certain portion or all of it.

They are under the impression that their opinion trumps all and their belief trumps all laws and other beliefs. This is the fanaticism from the group shall we called them Taliban Republicans is operating, be it out of pure belief or just as a ploy to get campaign contribution from their base.

For a group of people who swore to uphold the Constitution they are sure going out of their way to trump and violate it.

Diving Mullah

That is purely your bias and uninformed opinion. ACA passed the House, it passed the Senate, and Signed by President and confirmed by United States Supreme Court as constitutional. This is how the United States Government Works. The laws of this land however just or unjust you think they are, ARE not subjected to the few minority congressmen going on temper tantrum and holding the entire country hostage and millions without getting paid because they don't like certain portion or all of it.

They are under the impression that their opinion trumps all and their belief trumps all laws and other beliefs. This is the fanaticism from the group shall we called them Taliban Republicans is operating, be it out of pure belief or just as a ploy to get campaign contribution from their base.

For a group of people who swore to uphold the Constitution they are sure going out of their way to trump and violate it.

Diving Mullah

DOMA passed the house, the senate, was signed by the president and passed SCOTUS muster for years.

If you are in any way insulting my daughter I recommend you watch yourself

Ray410 and I agree that children grow up too fast. Since I don't know you or your family, how on earth does this involve you? You really need to take some anger management classes, for your health's sake!

Obamacare won't help with that. Dental insurance is not included in health insurance. Silly and stupid as it is, your vision, your hearing and your teeth are all add-on insurances. And though many standard health insurances now include some provision for hearing and vision, dental remains a separate deal.

i am talking about a situation like this

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Twelve-year-old Deamonte Driver died of a toothache Sunday.

A routine, $80 tooth extraction might have saved him.

If his mother had been insured.

If his family had not lost its Medicaid.

If Medicaid dentists weren't so hard to find.

If his mother hadn't been focused on getting a dentist for his brother, who had six rotted teeth.

By the time Deamonte's own aching tooth got any attention, the bacteria from the abscess had spread to his brain, doctors said. After two operations and more than six weeks of hospital care, the Prince George's County boy died.

Deamonte's death and the ultimate cost of his care, which could total more than $250,000, underscore an often-overlooked concern in the debate over universal health coverage: dental care.

For Want of a Dentist

and this

A 24-year-old Cincinnati father died from a tooth infection this week because he couldn't afford his medication, offering a sobering reminder of the importance of oral health and the number of people without access to dental or health care.

According to NBC affiliate WLWT, Kyle Willis' wisdom tooth started hurting two weeks ago. When dentists told him it needed to be pulled, he decided to forgo the procedure, because he was unemployed and had no health insurance.

When his face started swelling and his head began to ache, Willis went to the emergency room, where he received prescriptions for antibiotics and pain medications. Willis couldn't afford both, so he chose the pain medications.

The tooth infection spread, causing his brain to swell. He died Tuesday.

Without Insurance, 24-year-old Dies of Toothache - ABC News

this is the united states. this is the 21st century. how is it that in the 21st century, in this country, we have cases of people dying from infected teeth?

Why do you assume everything is about you? My post was sent to Ray410. Sheesh! :thumbdown:

Based on his post about a conversation I had with my daughter which I chose to share a part of because it was relevant to the topic and you applauded him for. Taking a swing at someones daughter is a pretty low move. I gave him a chance to clarify, in case I misunderstood, he did not....so I assume it was a gab at my lovely lovely little girl. Not okay.

It's funny my daughter and I were just discussing this yesterday. She is 19 and wants to like everyone and is honestly torn by how she feels about republicans. She says, "they just all seem like assholes mom. I don't want to think that and I am sure that there are exceptions, there always are, but it seems like they are the party of self interest"....from the mouths of babes in my opinion. Here is a little something of what we concluded. Their priority is immediate profit, protecting it and growing it everything else is a distant third (because in second place is longer term profit). That's the first and biggest problem. This preoccupation pushes them towards policies that serve this very short term interest at what ever costs to the population that they can get away with by masquerading them as being rooted in "family values" and/or "freedom".

With regard to "assholes" I'm sure she developed an acute sensibility growing up.:lamo We learn most at home.

Ray410 and I agree that children grow up too fast. Since I don't know you or your family, how on earth does this involve you? You really need to take some anger management classes, for your health's sake!

Drawing healthy boundaries with people, even if it's just on line, is a pretty civilized approach in my opinion. Maybe you feel bad.

With regard to "assholes" I'm sure she developed an acute sensibility growing up.:lamo

Wow, you people are unbelievable. I share a reference to my child, because she is pretty innocent and kind and tries very hard to understand people and give them room and you make it personal by insulting she and I instead of sticking to the point. Grow a pair pal.

Wow, you people are unbelievable. I share a reference to my child, because she is pretty innocent and kind and tries very hard to understand people and give them room and you make it personal by insulting she and I instead of sticking to the point. Grow a pair pal.

You shared this story as a way to insult people. I have no idea whether you have a child and I don't care. Your post is a pile of hypocrisy, and you don't get to pretend to be a victim.:lamo

Oh c'mon, you used your daughter to paint a whole bunch of other people as assholes. Silly move and disingenuous to now play the wounded bird.

You shared this story as a way to insult people. I have no idea whether you have a child and I don't care. Your post is a pile of hypocrisy, and you don't get to pretend to be a victim.:lamo

One cliche after another as usual. I am not playing a victim. How exactly is telling you that you crossed a line by getting personal playing a victim. I shared this story to contribute to a conversation about why republicans are seen that way by liberals, it is not a bashing session it is a conversation. If you can't take the heat without getting personal and attacking my daughter you need to to revisit your debating style.

More like: This is what you get when you pass a massive overhaul of healthcare and do not include the GOP in the process, do not consult with them, demonize them during closed door partisan sessions and then pass it with zero GOP votes.

Are people really wondering why Republicans aren't liking this law?
Sorry but I remember when this was going on and the Republicans were just being obstreperous and would not go and discuss anything. Why even the insurance companies had to almost have their arms twisted in order to go to the White House and discuss the health care initiative. :roll:

Oh c'mon, you used your daughter to paint a whole bunch of other people as assholes. Silly move and disingenuous to now play the wounded bird.

No I didn't I shared a real story about an observation made by a good hearted girl who feels bad that she thinks that way and questions her perceptions. The question is why would someone looking for the best get that impression. That is the conversation, not my daughter.

Drawing healthy boundaries with people, even if it's just on line, is a pretty civilized approach in my opinion. Maybe you feel bad.

Or perhaps you do, since you attacked me for agreeing with another poster, which had nothing to do with you! Since you just joined DP in June, you are new here, so I suggest you read the rules about posting.

One cliche after another as usual. I am not playing a victim. How exactly is telling you that you crossed a line by getting personal playing a victim. I shared this story to contribute to a conversation about why republicans are seen that way by liberals, it is not a bashing session it is a conversation. If you can't take the heat without getting personal and attacking my daughter you need to to revisit your debating style.

let go of it
or use the 'ignore' feature
or 'unsubscribe' from the thread
but quit derailing the thread with your petty, perceived grievances

PS .. not a wounded bird. He and anyone who comments negatively about me specifically or my child is crossing a line. You are not playing a wounded bird because you point out someone elses misstep, you are providing them an opportunity to rise to the occasion and prove her wrong. Unfortunately you have all chosen instead to prove her right

I have no use for either party. You introduced the personal element when you chose to use your daughter as a political prop. Your call, your consequences. I'm not attacking your daughter (if she exists). I'm attacking your dishonesty.:peace

let go of it
or use the 'ignore' feature
or 'unsubscribe' from the thread
but quit derailing the thread with your petty, perceived grievances

Healthy boundaries and I didn't derail the thread. Those who chose to take it there did.

I have no use for either party. You introduced the personal element when you chose to use your daughter as a political prop. Your call, your consequences. I'm not attacking your daughter (if she exists). I'm attacking your dishonesty.:peace

That is a rather limited interpretation of my post. As usual go on the attack, personal attack of course because that's all you got in your toolbox, and decide what something means instead of listening to what it means. You are welcome to see my effort here as naive, but intentions were to address the topic of the thread and now we are here instead. That's your fault not mine.

Back
Top Bottom