• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I hate iOS 7

Superfly

Salty, defiant, and completely non-compliant.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
This sucks. I can't get back to iOS 6 and I hate 7. I hate this white background. It gives me a headache. :(

I find that it looks a lot like Windows 8. You have to change sometime so better get used to it.

yeah that's what I read. Eventually all the apps will require 7 or they won't update. :( :(

I hate this white theme, though. I'd deal with the rest if I didn't have to deal with either a stark white or a black theme.

Give it time. Someone will jailbreak it if enough people hate it too.

I actually like it. I thought it would be more jarring than it was for my eyes. Has the adjustment of wallpaper in any way helped the eyestrain?

For me the issue has been some of my apps have not been updating as they should have and a couple of them are stuck in "waiting..." mode. I find it irritating that I have to go through the updated applications section to open an app that is otherwise stuck on the grid, but thankfully it is one that I do not use often.

well everything seems bigger. The apps seem bigger, the pictures seem bigger. I almost feel like I'm using one of those Jitterbug geriatric phones, everything is so big.

I have changed the wallpaper, since my SpongeBob wallpaper got huge and blurry, all of a sudden. I picked one of the ones they offered, but it didn't change the theme. It's like using Windows with the solid white theme. EVERYTHING is white. I hate that.

I actually like it. I thought it would be more jarring than it was for my eyes. Has the adjustment of wallpaper in any way helped the eyestrain?

For me the issue has been some of my apps have not been updating as they should have and a couple of them are stuck in "waiting..." mode. I find it irritating that I have to go through the updated applications section to open an app that is otherwise stuck on the grid, but thankfully it is one that I do not use often.

Hard reset it the device if you haven't.

I had the same issue on my iPad when I first turned automatic updating on (Thank god they have that now). I had a whole host of apps stuck in "waiting" status. They were fixed after I hard reset and I haven't had the issue again, and automatic updating is keeping things up to date actively now.

I've really been liking the new update. iOS has never been perfect and always had things that irked the geek in me, but I liked it the best in terms of pure out of box experience. That out of box experience has gotten better, as some of those things that irked me definitely have been addressed. I like the new WebOS "Card" like multi-tasking interface. I love the new "control panel" to FINALLY give access to some radios and other settings instantly (Seriously Apple, shame on you for taking this long with that). I enjoy the "Today" screen in notification center for purely nostalgic reasons...it reminds me a TON of the Today screen from PocketPC. The new Safari has improved to such a way that I actually find it usable now, with a unified address bar and good use of tabs. Glad that folders finally can have multiple pages.

Aesthetically, I do like it. I can see how the white background can be annoying. But I like the new zoom in/zoom out of apps, I like the new look of the phone and lock screen, I like the dynamically changing top bar, paralax is kind of fun if useless, and the new look in messages is nice. I don't really mind the "flat" feeling, and they've done a good job of layering things at times to make it feel flat and yet at the same time having some depth.

Over all I'm very happy with the update as it brings some very welcome actual features mixed with a much needed coat of fresh paint on top of it all.

Zyph, how do you hard reset? I've only had the iPhone for about 6 months so I'm still learning LOL.

Zyph, how do you hard reset? I've only had the iPhone for about 6 months so I'm still learning LOL.

Depress the power and home buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.

You will see the Apple logo, release the buttons, and the phone will reboot to the lock screen.

This sucks. I can't get back to iOS 6 and I hate 7. I hate this white background. It gives me a headache. :(

You can invert colors.

settings>general>accessibility>invert colors. Just from memory. I might be wrong but that's at least near the place to look. It'll make yoru whites black and your blacks white. Darker colors, which tend to be fewer in number become bright. Lighter colors, which tend to make up the majority get darker. Many colors end up being funky psychedelic 70s looking. Not too much of a distraction but even your own photos start looking like your phone is on lsd. Try it and see if it helps.

Groovy Vayvee!

Last edited:
You can invert colors.

settings>general>accessibility>invert colors. Just from memory. I might be wrong but that's at least near the place to look. It'll make yoru whites black and your blacks white. Darker colors, which tend to be fewer in number become bright. Lighter colors, which tend to make up the majority get darker. Many colors end up being funky psychedelic 70s looking. Not too much of a distraction but even your own photos start looking like your phone is on lsd. Try it and see if it helps.

Groovy Vayvee!

Thanks, hon. I'm not much on black, either. Both are severe and both give me a headache. :(

Thanks, hon. I'm not much on black, either. Both are severe and both give me a headache. :(

I've always wished iPhones and Mac computers allowed more customization with color schemes.

You can also tone down the brightness levels. That might help.

I still prefer XP, but Microsoft no longer supports it.

I've always wished iPhones and Mac computers allowed more customization with color schemes.

You can also tone down the brightness levels. That might help.

True enough. I think they basically had responded a bit too harshly to the enormous eyesore that was Windows customized themes.

Now I can't even get a Wifi signal anymore. This sucks. My modem is upstairs, and before, we had no problem getting a signal. Now we get nothing. The only thing that has changed is upgrading. So pissed.

Tons of complaints and bugs with iOS 7 on older model iPhones and iPads. Common problems are massive battery drain to apps not working and even a number of "my iPad/iPhone does not work after the update". While I would expect some problems (Android 4.3 had 2 major ones but was fixed fast), but the amount I have been hearing about on social networks and so on.. are quite astounding.

Hell even the fingerprint scanner has been hacked...like we did not know that was coming. All you need is a 2400 dpi scanner and some silicone and of course a fingerprint. So much for Apple claiming you need a live finger.. risk of finger dismemberment has risen.

As for the iOS look.. the nr. 1 complaint on the web at the moment concerning iOS7. What I dont get is what Apple were thinking..going so white and bright?.. I understand flatter and no 3D effect (improves batterylife) and the new Icons are okay, but the brightness and white aspect is arghhhh and must be a murder on battery life keeping all those pixels lit up and of course the eyes.

And as a first Apple had to pull the update for Apple TV because it was bricking (Apple speak for breaking the crap out of) boxes... /clap.

Turning into a rather bad launch if this continues.... will be interesting to see sales numbers on Monday.. if we get any.

Tons of complaints and bugs with iOS 7 on older model iPhones and iPads. Common problems are massive battery drain to apps not working and even a number of "my iPad/iPhone does not work after the update". While I would expect some problems (Android 4.3 had 2 major ones but was fixed fast), but the amount I have been hearing about on social networks and so on.. are quite astounding.

The adoption rate was significantly higher this time around, along with the hype. I would not be surprised if those two things contribute to the airing of bugs that we are experiencing.

Hell even the fingerprint scanner has been hacked...like we did not know that was coming. All you need is a 2400 dpi scanner and some silicone and of course a fingerprint. So much for Apple claiming you need a live finger.. risk of finger dismemberment has risen.

I think the most prudent orientation to have with this, and this would contradict Apple anyway, is to be skeptical about most measures of security. I've become disenchanted, even though I know any increase in security is needed. Part of me just wishes we would actually hunt hackers down like terrorists.

As for the iOS look.. the nr. 1 complaint on the web at the moment concerning iOS7. What I dont get is what Apple were thinking..going so white and bright?.. I understand flatter and no 3D effect (improves batterylife) and the new Icons are okay, but the brightness and white aspect is arghhhh and must be a murder on battery life keeping all those pixels lit up and of course the eyes.

I had less problems with the white than I did thinking about the strength of those colors. I'm actually doing well as of yet, but what's going to be interesting is seeing how long it takes for most applications (including Apple's own) to update to make use of the interface. Right now it's a wee bit too odd.

And as a first Apple had to pull the update for Apple TV because it was bricking (Apple speak for breaking the crap out of) boxes... /clap.

They have yet to take that product seriously anyway. I would never advocate that someone buy one. Updates breaking the devices, however slightly common it can be with updates, just makes the further problems not worth it.

Turning into a rather bad launch if this continues.... will be interesting to see sales numbers on Monday.. if we get any.

Maybe, but maybe not.

Yep, the double edged sword of iOS's historically strong update rates... Which if the previous poster is correct was even larger this time...is typically a larger pool to discover and vocalize about bugs.

I've experienced some with a few 3rd party apps, but aside from the issue when first auto updating apps, I haven't ran into any.

The finger print scanner stuff makes me chuckle as I expected it I get broken open quick. I like the the idea of a finger print unlock, but I don't expect it to be any more secure than any other standard method. If a dedicated thief or hacker get my device I expect they'll get in. I'd be more interested in keeping friends ****ing with it or such

I'm fine with it. White background? Maybe my wallpaper negates that problem?

The adoption rate was significantly higher this time around, along with the hype. I would not be surprised if those two things contribute to the airing of bugs that we are experiencing.

Apple has not released any information about adoption rate of iOS7. When iOS6 was released there was a high adoption rate and no where near as many complaints.

I think the most prudent orientation to have with this, and this would contradict Apple anyway, is to be skeptical about most measures of security. I've become disenchanted, even though I know any increase in security is needed. Part of me just wishes we would actually hunt hackers down like terrorists.

Why on earth would you do that? Hackers, real hackers, dont hack to steal, but to find issues. They are on your side. As for criminals who exploit the bugs, well they are criminals. Would it not be a good idea to find and fix the bugs so that criminals cant exploit them?

I had less problems with the white than I did thinking about the strength of those colors. I'm actually doing well as of yet, but what's going to be interesting is seeing how long it takes for most applications (including Apple's own) to update to make use of the interface. Right now it's a wee bit too odd.

It is going to take a hella long time.

They have yet to take that product seriously anyway. I would never advocate that someone buy one. Updates breaking the devices, however slightly common it can be with updates, just makes the further problems not worth it.

No they claim they dont take it seriously.. sales numbers show a different picture. Plus Apple has a reputation to defend.. and doing this hurts that reputation regardless.

Maybe, but maybe not.

Lets put it this way.. no numbers means the numbers are bad and the stock will tank and Apple is in serious trouble. Apple have always used the numbers in its marketing. Releasing numbers that are not over the iPhone 5 will be seen by most as an utter failure since China is now in the pot. Now numbers over 6 million will be impressive and the higher the number the better.

Of course the question is if we should believe the number since Apple claims sales when we have now found out that it is actually shipped...

Back
Top Bottom