• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I hate iOS 7

Apple’s new iOS 7 is either the company’s most beautiful operating system yet or a hideous abomination (your choice!). Either way, there’s a lot more to iOS 7 than just a handful of new icons – there are a lot of powerful new features under the hood. Upgrade your phone to the newest version of iOS if you haven’t already, and then check out ten of my favorites.

Read more: 10 Cool Features Hiding in iOS 7 - Techlicious

it does have cool features. I'll give it that. I'd just rather have the older features and be able to text LOL. I mean, I'm not meaning to be overly dramatic. I can still text. I just don't want to because the brightness hurts my eyes.

it does have cool features. I'll give it that. I'd just rather have the older features and be able to text LOL. I mean, I'm not meaning to be overly dramatic. I can still text. I just don't want to because the brightness hurts my eyes.

Me and y graphic design friends hate the skinny type on white. Overloaded on the contrast!

Why do they always have to change what aint broken?? I can't even play my ruzzle b/c it reset and I don't remember my PW. Tried re-setting it and now says it doesn't recognize my email!

Why do they always have to change what aint broken?? I can't even play my ruzzle b/c it reset and I don't remember my PW. Tried re-setting it and now says it doesn't recognize my email!

Well it was a voluntary upgrade.....

Not for long. Eventually you won't be able to upgrade any apps, or even download new ones, unless they are compatible with iOS 7.

True enough!

There are still several things about 7 that drive me nuts!

This sucks. I can't get back to iOS 6 and I hate 7. I hate this white background. It gives me a headache. :(
Please change your av. It's used by a guy on another forum, who's a total dick. It irks me somewhat.

This sucks. I can't get back to iOS 6 and I hate 7. I hate this white background. It gives me a headache. :(

Is iOS 7 making you feel sick? Here's why

Apple's new iOS 7 software is apparently making some people seasick on solid ground. Experts on motion sickness say the sharpness of the screen and the motion of the icons may be partly to blame.

Users who have upgraded to iOS 7 are reporting nausea, headaches and vertigo in a message thread that started Sept. 18 on Apple's support website.

"I just used my phone for about 20 minutes, and now I feel like I'm going to vomit," one user wrote in a comment on the site. Another said, "It's exactly how I used to get car sick if I tried to read in the car."

iOS 7 has animations and a dynamic background that were not in previous versions of the software, which is used on iPhones and iPads.

"We haven't done any experiments with this phone, but this is what I think is happening — it's definitely linked to the motion of the screen," said psychologist Frederick Bonato, of Montclair State University in New Jersey, who has studied cybersickness. "Also, the resolution is very high, so you've got a very sharp, clear image — moving."

The icons on the phone constantly move slightly, and with the background, this produces a 3D impression, or a parallax effect, making it look as though the icons are floating above the background.

"Seeing a three-dimensional space, on a phone you know is flat," can trigger queasy feelings, Bonato said.

The new software also produces the impression of zooming in and out when a user switches between applications, which may confuse the brain into thinking that the person is moving.

"Visually, the input is indicating that the person is moving, but all the other senses indicate the person is not moving — or, even worse, with these phones, is moving in a different way," Bonato said.

Such conflicting information can cause dizziness, headaches and nausea — effects that can also sometimes be caused by IMAX movie theaters and flight simulators. Although phone screens are much smaller than movie-theater screens, phone screens are placed closer to the eyes, which means the visual input dominates the brain, experts said.​

Last edited:
Is iOS 7 making you feel sick? Here's why

Apple's new iOS 7 software is apparently making some people seasick on solid ground. Experts on motion sickness say the sharpness of the screen and the motion of the icons may be partly to blame.

Users who have upgraded to iOS 7 are reporting nausea, headaches and vertigo in a message thread that started Sept. 18 on Apple's support website.

"I just used my phone for about 20 minutes, and now I feel like I'm going to vomit," one user wrote in a comment on the site. Another said, "It's exactly how I used to get car sick if I tried to read in the car."

iOS 7 has animations and a dynamic background that were not in previous versions of the software, which is used on iPhones and iPads.

"We haven't done any experiments with this phone, but this is what I think is happening — it's definitely linked to the motion of the screen," said psychologist Frederick Bonato, of Montclair State University in New Jersey, who has studied cybersickness. "Also, the resolution is very high, so you've got a very sharp, clear image — moving."

The icons on the phone constantly move slightly, and with the background, this produces a 3D impression, or a parallax effect, making it look as though the icons are floating above the background.

"Seeing a three-dimensional space, on a phone you know is flat," can trigger queasy feelings, Bonato said.

The new software also produces the impression of zooming in and out when a user switches between applications, which may confuse the brain into thinking that the person is moving.

"Visually, the input is indicating that the person is moving, but all the other senses indicate the person is not moving — or, even worse, with these phones, is moving in a different way," Bonato said.

Such conflicting information can cause dizziness, headaches and nausea — effects that can also sometimes be caused by IMAX movie theaters and flight simulators. Although phone screens are much smaller than movie-theater screens, phone screens are placed closer to the eyes, which means the visual input dominates the brain, experts said.​

Wouldn't surprise me in the least. I get seasick over just about anything.

Y U no like Squidward?

OK. I'll change it because I like you.
A vast improvement. Jack O' Lanterns pwn.

Cheers, doll face. ;)

Depress the power and home buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.

You will see the Apple logo, release the buttons, and the phone will reboot to the lock screen.

Just be careful when you do that, if you do it wrong it can actually put it in DFU mode.

Back
Top Bottom