• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I had a strange dream

Mary Dunsmore

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This is a genuine dream I had last night. I dreamed I secured a job with an adoption agency. After arriving home after the interview I realised I would have to hand over children to gay couples. Now, I have nothing against gay people, as although their behaviour may well be perverted, it's a legal perversion in most western countries, and should be considered as such. I am great advocate of civil partnerships, albeit I find the term "gay marriage" to be an oxymoron. Children by nature are very cruel, not to mention unforgiving of anything slightly different. You only have to see the fuss they make when one of their piers has a new haircut. Regardless of what the lefty liberals may think, children will no doubt bully other children who happen to have two mums or two dads. After all, children can't be born of two people of the same sex for a reason, and human intervention doesn't make it natural. I have no doubt that two people of the same sex can't love a child as much as a heterosexual couple, but that doesn't make it right. It won't surprise you, I turned the job down.

Research shows divorce is more harmful to children than same-sex parents. Should divorce be prohibited?

So your argument is that children should do everything they can to be the same to avoid being bullied?

I remember being bullied because my family was poor and couldn’t buy me the cool clothes.

Your argument is silly and clearly contrived to disguise your prejudice against gays.

I think the Republican Party is the right place for someone like you. And these contrived attempts to rationalize bigotry is why I refuse to vote for Republicans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Research shows divorce is more harmful to children than same-sex parents. Should divorce be prohibited?
Sure, domestic abuse environments (which would go up if divorces were impossible) are better for kids than divorces! /sarcasm

I am a heterosexual pervert. Would you let me adopt a child?

This is a genuine dream I had last night. I dreamed I secured a job with an adoption agency. After arriving home after the interview I realised I would have to hand over children to gay couples. Now, I have nothing against gay people, as although their behaviour may well be perverted, it's a legal perversion in most western countries, and should be considered as such. I am great advocate of civil partnerships, albeit I find the term "gay marriage" to be an oxymoron. Children by nature are very cruel, not to mention unforgiving of anything slightly different. You only have to see the fuss they make when one of their piers has a new haircut. Regardless of what the lefty liberals may think, children will no doubt bully other children who happen to have two mums or two dads. After all, children can't be born of two people of the same sex for a reason, and human intervention doesn't make it natural. I have no doubt that two people of the same sex can't love a child as much as a heterosexual couple, but that doesn't make it right. It won't surprise you, I turned the job down.
Good, because you shouldn't be making decisions about child placement. Whatever prejudice you may think the children of same-sex couples may face, they are undoubtedly better off being loved by two people than not finding a home. More importantly, the reason kids may see children of same-sex couples as different is because of societal prejudice that is passed down from adults. I can tell you that children in largely liberal areas, where same-sex couples are more common, tend to view such relationships as normal and do not tend to make fun of other children with same-sex parents. And you know what the best way to continue prejudices against homosexuals is? Prevent them from assimilating into the greater population and adopting traditional family structures.

Children ARE NOT by nature very cruel, and there are plenty of children that DO NOT engage in bullying. The problem seems to be the ones that bully, so address the bullying or the parents that seem to be ok with it.

The dream is not the issue, one has little to no control over those things. Your opinions on the other hand are the issue.

Children *can* be very cruel but they are not by nature very cruel, which happens to be the case with adults as well. It comes down to everything you would think it would including upbringing, conditions, interactions, etc. The perversion comment notwithstanding, it is only your opinion on the legal status of same sex marriages, unions, relationships, what have you. Same exact thing on the ability of those gay to raise a child, it is just your opinion on it being right or wrong. Statistically by plenty of studies on the subject there is no evidence that same sex parents are any kind of problem for raising a child.

So we are back to just your opinion probably based on a series of beliefs, and you are welcome to have them until you inflict them on others.

As such it is probably a good thing you are not working at an adoption agency.

The dream is not the issue, one has little to no control over those things. Your opinions on the other hand are the issue.

Children *can* be very cruel but they are not by nature very cruel, which happens to be the case with adults as well. It comes down to everything you would think it would including upbringing, conditions, interactions, etc. The perversion comment notwithstanding, it is only your opinion on the legal status of same sex marriages, unions, relationships, what have you. Same exact thing on the ability of those gay to raise a child, it is just your opinion on it being right or wrong. Statistically by plenty of studies on the subject there is no evidence that same sex parents are any kind of problem for raising a child.

So we are back to just your opinion probably based on a series of beliefs, and you are welcome to have them until you inflict them on others.

As such it is probably a good thing you are not working at an adoption agency.

I must admit, it sickens me that anyone thinks it is a good idea that a child be brought up by two homosexuals, but of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Fortunately I don't mix with anyone who agrees with it, so this prevents and such discussion. Perhaps American kids are different, but the one's in the UK are pretty damn cruel. Your belief that they are accepting of anything "different" is quite amusing and extremely naive. Where the USA may vary is where you refer to liberal areas, as we don't really have such a thing. We have middle class areas and working class areas. It's true there are more liberals in middle class areas, but even the majority of middle class people are very right wing. Liberals in the UK are seen very much as a cancer, but unfortunately even as a very small minority, they still appear to get their own way most of the time. The UK is very much a country that accommodates the beliefs of the minority. I am sure it won't be long before we start handing out kids to paedophiles, as it would be wrong to discriminate against them. That probably sounds stupid, but if you had told me ten years ago a couple of gays could legally adopt a child, I wouldn't have believed it could ever happen.

I believe it is fine for a child be informed about gay people, but it is very wrong they are told it is normal

I must admit, it sickens me...

People with attitudes like yours sicken me.

YOU should be prevented from ever procreating, adopting, fostering, teaching, or in any way mentoring children.

Now THAT would be a decent dream to have.

Who the hell told you children are "naturally cruel"? That's not true at all. If you're teaches your kids to make fun of other kids that have gay parents, then YOU are part of the problem. Homophobia is not natural. It's a learned behavior. And who cares if we can't naturally have a child? That has no bearing on whether or not we can be good parents. And their are plenty of gay people out their with children that are great parents. There are also straight parents who adopt, or people that are raised by their grandparents or aunt/uncle. But when it's two parents of the same gender, all of you throw a bitchfit.

I'm glad you actually don't have a job at an adoption agency.

Who the hell told you children are "naturally cruel"? That's not true at all. If you're teaches your kids to make fun of other kids that have gay parents, then YOU are part of the problem. Homophobia is not natural. It's a learned behavior. And who cares if we can't naturally have a child? That has no bearing on whether or not we can be good parents. And their are plenty of gay people out their with children that are great parents. There are also straight parents who adopt, or people that are raised by their grandparents or aunt/uncle. But when it's two parents of the same gender, all of you throw a bitchfit.

I'm glad you actually don't have a job at an adoption agency.

LOL, children are selfish and evil little objects, Given any chance what so ever to inflict physical or mental pain on another child they will do it. Fact, two men can not create a child together, fact, two women can not create a child between them. Fact, this is nature telling us that two gay people should not be bringing up children. It's great that human beings are accepting of people with such perversions, but surely allowing them to share a house with vulnerable children is outrageous. I openly accept that there are some very poor heterosexual parents, but is another argument all together.

People with attitudes like yours sicken me.

YOU should be prevented from ever procreating, adopting, fostering, teaching, or in any way mentoring children.

Now THAT would be a decent dream to have.

I despise children, so believe me, any such prevention would be considered a favour. That said, I still believe bringing one up in such an unnatural situation is sickening, and I would think will damage their mental well being.

LOL, children are selfish and evil little objects, Given any chance what so ever to inflict physical or mental pain on another child they will do it. Fact, two men can not create a child together, fact, two women can not create a child between them. Fact, this is nature telling us that two gay people should not be bringing up children. It's great that human beings are accepting of people with such perversions, but surely allowing them to share a house with vulnerable children is outrageous. I openly accept that there are some very poor heterosexual parents, but is another argument all together.

What a sad, terrifying little world you must live in. You're going to take it on the chin for this thread...I pity you for whatever happened in your life that lead you to feel like this was positive or important to post. I hope you get the help you need.

LOL, children are selfish and evil little objects, Given any chance what so ever to inflict physical or mental pain on another child they will do it.

Considering this is coming from the person that hates children that trick-or-treat, I'm not surprise you came to this ridiculous conclusion. But you're wrong.

Fact, two men can not create a child together, fact, two women can not create a child between them. Fact, this is nature telling us that two gay people should not be bringing up children.

There are plenty of infertile people, and people who suffer from a high rate of miscarriages. Maybe those people should not have children, because "nature" is telling them not to? :roll:

If you knew anything about nature, you'd realise that homosexuality is naturally-occurring, and that is shown in more than 200 hundred different species in the wild. Not having the ability to concieve children with our partners, is literally not important at all. What does matter, is being a good parent. And there are plenty of homosexual couples that raise children and are great at that. That is all you should be concerned about.

It's great that human beings are accepting of people with such perversions, but surely allowing them to share a house with vulnerable children is outrageous. I openly accept that there are some very poor heterosexual parents, but is another argument all together.

It's not perverted to do exactly the same things as heterosexual couples do. Being in relationships, raising children, getting married, etc.

I despise children, so believe me, any such prevention would be considered a favour. That said, I still believe bringing one up in such an unnatural situation is sickening, and I would think will damage their mental well being.

What's sickening is being a homophobic bigot.

I suspect this is a rejected submission from the Monty Python series.

I’d prefer the despicable things get the sickening experience they deserve.

I must admit, it sickens me that anyone thinks it is a good idea that a child be brought up by two homosexuals, but of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Fortunately I don't mix with anyone who agrees with it, so this prevents and such discussion. Perhaps American kids are different, but the one's in the UK are pretty damn cruel. Your belief that they are accepting of anything "different" is quite amusing and extremely naive. Where the USA may vary is where you refer to liberal areas, as we don't really have such a thing. We have middle class areas and working class areas. It's true there are more liberals in middle class areas, but even the majority of middle class people are very right wing. Liberals in the UK are seen very much as a cancer, but unfortunately even as a very small minority, they still appear to get their own way most of the time. The UK is very much a country that accommodates the beliefs of the minority. I am sure it won't be long before we start handing out kids to paedophiles, as it would be wrong to discriminate against them. That probably sounds stupid, but if you had told me ten years ago a couple of gays could legally adopt a child, I wouldn't have believed it could ever happen.

I believe it is fine for a child be informed about gay people, but it is very wrong they are told it is normal

Now you are projecting. I did not say kids are "accepting of anything different," what I did say is kids are "not by nature very cruel." Kids can be mean and cruel, does not mean they inherently are. Makes them similar to adults who also can be mean and cruel.

What is sickening is looking at a group of people you disagree with as a cancer, and no one is advocating handing out kids to pedophiles either.

What is sickening is looking at a group of people you disagree with as a cancer, and no one is advocating handing out kids to pedophiles either.

It's the "slippery slope" fallacious argument that the anti-gay crowd always makes when it comes to anything regarding LGBT issues.

It's the "slippery slope" fallacious argument that the anti-gay crowd always makes when it comes to anything regarding LGBT issues.

I suppose that because I live in the UK where liberalism is still fairly rare, I am finding it hard to understand your opinions. Honestly, I don't know a single person who would agree that gay people should adopt children. I should also point out that I don't believe that liberals area a cancer on society, it is their beliefs that are a cancer. Now, as far as the LGBT issues is concerned. I have already expressed my opinions on gay people. Great, they can do what they want in the privacy of their own home, and if they want to partner up that's great as well. I even think that civil partnerships are good, but find "gay marriage" is an oxymoron, taking into account the definition of marriage is the union of a man and woman. Bisexuals are even better. Just imagine going out for an evening hoping to pull, you have twice the chance. As far as transsexuals are concerned, they are a bunch of loony nutters who need some sort of treatment, or failing that, euthanasia.

I suppose that because I live in the UK where liberalism is still fairly rare, I am finding it hard to understand your opinions. Honestly, I don't know a single person who would agree that gay people should adopt children. I should also point out that I don't believe that liberals area a cancer on society, it is their beliefs that are a cancer. Now, as far as the LGBT issues is concerned. I have already expressed my opinions on gay people. Great, they can do what they want in the privacy of their own home, and if they want to partner up that's great as well. I even think that civil partnerships are good, but find "gay marriage" is an oxymoron, taking into account the definition of marriage is the union of a man and woman. Bisexuals are even better. Just imagine going out for an evening hoping to pull, you have twice the chance.

This entire post deserves a giant eyeroll. Just because you don't know anyone that agrees that gays should adopt children, doesn't mean that everyone else feels that way. Not everyone is bigoted like the people that apparently live around you. Gay marriage is not an oxymoron. If you want to keep your religious definition of marriage, that's fine. But legally it means two consenting adults. If you have a problem with that, then tough.

As far as transsexuals are concerned, they are a bunch of loony nutters who need some sort of treatment, or failing that, euthanasia.

What the ****.

Back
Top Bottom