• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I had a strange dream

This is a genuine dream I had last night. I dreamed I secured a job with an adoption agency. After arriving home after the interview I realised I would have to hand over children to gay couples. Now, I have nothing against gay people, as although their behaviour may well be perverted, it's a legal perversion in most western countries, and should be considered as such. I am great advocate of civil partnerships, albeit I find the term "gay marriage" to be an oxymoron. Children by nature are very cruel, not to mention unforgiving of anything slightly different. You only have to see the fuss they make when one of their piers has a new haircut. Regardless of what the lefty liberals may think, children will no doubt bully other children who happen to have two mums or two dads. After all, children can't be born of two people of the same sex for a reason, and human intervention doesn't make it natural. I have no doubt that two people of the same sex can't love a child as much as a heterosexual couple, but that doesn't make it right. It won't surprise you, I turned the job down.

I was also bullied by my piers.

They gave me many a splinter. :(

I despise children, so believe me, any such prevention would be considered a favour. That said, I still believe bringing one up in such an unnatural situation is sickening, and I would think will damage their mental well being.

Shocking :shock:

Shocking :shock:

I know people who don't like dogs (very strange), people who don't like cats (very strange), people who don't like American cars (understandable), and people who don't like cheese (that includes me). I don't think people who like children are bad people, I just can't understand why. Their entire ethos is about getting as much as they can without giving anything. Spend £200 on a toy and they will love for five minutes, until the next toy comes out, and if they can't have it straight away they just hate you. They eat you out of house and home, and quite often they stink. There is the occasional moment they show some sort of affection, but that's generally when they want something. I honestly believe the world would be a better place without them. Oh, and did I forget to tell you that on the 31st October they knock on peoples doors scrounging sweets and threatening to damage property ?

I know people who don't like dogs (very strange), people who don't like cats (very strange), people who don't like American cars (understandable), and people who don't like cheese (that includes me). I don't think people who like children are bad people, I just can't understand why. Their entire ethos is about getting as much as they can without giving anything. Spend £200 on a toy and they will love for five minutes, until the next toy comes out, and if they can't have it straight away they just hate you. They eat you out of house and home, and quite often they stink. There is the occasional moment they show some sort of affection, but that's generally when they want something. I honestly believe the world would be a better place without them. Oh, and did I forget to tell you that on the 31st October they knock on peoples doors scrounging sweets and threatening to damage property ?

Ah, Mary. You’ve been reading too much Hilaire Belloc.

Father heard his children scream
So he threw them in a stream
Saying as he drowned the third
Children should be seen not heard.

(Not sure that’s Belloc, however)

Last edited:
This is a genuine dream I had last night. I dreamed I secured a job with an adoption agency. After arriving home after the interview I realised I would have to hand over children to gay couples. Now, I have nothing against gay people, as although their behaviour may well be perverted, it's a legal perversion in most western countries, and should be considered as such. I am great advocate of civil partnerships, albeit I find the term "gay marriage" to be an oxymoron. Children by nature are very cruel, not to mention unforgiving of anything slightly different. You only have to see the fuss they make when one of their piers has a new haircut. Regardless of what the lefty liberals may think, children will no doubt bully other children who happen to have two mums or two dads. After all, children can't be born of two people of the same sex for a reason, and human intervention doesn't make it natural. I have no doubt that two people of the same sex can't love a child as much as a heterosexual couple, but that doesn't make it right. It won't surprise you, I turned the job down.

Well, I suppose that is an interesting speculation. Not grounded in any kind of reality, but interesting. I have a couple thoughts, one minor, and one based on my experience as a child of a gay person. The minor(though still important) thought is that being gay is not a "behavior", it is simply a state of being. Gay people do not act alike, any more than straight people do. There are, certainly, some perverted people amongst gays, but there are also some who are pretty prudish. Kinda like straight people. Your comment suggests that you are totally clueless about human sexuality.

My more important(at least in terms of your basic premise) thought is that you have no idea what it is like to grow up with two moms or dads(I had 3 actually, as my dad remarried and I considered his new wife as a mother too...I was blessed with 3 moms, all of whom I loved). Some background: my mother came out of the closet, realizing what it was she had felt all her life, in about 1972, when I was 7. We lived in a small town in Michigan, so when it happened, every one in town knew about it. She was fired from her job at the local grocery store(they worried my mom would hit on the housewifes as she checked them out, which is silly), told she was not welcome at the church she attended(and my sister and I got to sit through sermons explaining how our mom, by name, was going to hell...thankfully my dad quickly realized this was not good for us children and stopped going to that church), many stores and restaurants in town would not serve her. For me and my sister, it was not the children in town who where a problem, they largely did not care, and would never dream of using it against us, it was the adults. Adults can be painfully cruel, while thinking they are being righteous.

Well, I suppose that is an interesting speculation. Not grounded in any kind of reality, but interesting. I have a couple thoughts, one minor, and one based on my experience as a child of a gay person. The minor(though still important) thought is that being gay is not a "behavior", it is simply a state of being. Gay people do not act alike, any more than straight people do. There are, certainly, some perverted people amongst gays, but there are also some who are pretty prudish. Kinda like straight people. Your comment suggests that you are totally clueless about human sexuality.

My more important(at least in terms of your basic premise) thought is that you have no idea what it is like to grow up with two moms or dads(I had 3 actually, as my dad remarried and I considered his new wife as a mother too...I was blessed with 3 moms, all of whom I loved). Some background: my mother came out of the closet, realizing what it was she had felt all her life, in about 1972, when I was 7. We lived in a small town in Michigan, so when it happened, every one in town knew about it. She was fired from her job at the local grocery store(they worried my mom would hit on the housewifes as she checked them out, which is silly), told she was not welcome at the church she attended(and my sister and I got to sit through sermons explaining how our mom, by name, was going to hell...thankfully my dad quickly realized this was not good for us children and stopped going to that church), many stores and restaurants in town would not serve her. For me and my sister, it was not the children in town who where a problem, they largely did not care, and would never dream of using it against us, it was the adults. Adults can be painfully cruel, while thinking they are being righteous.

Judging by your post I suspect your strange parentage hasn't served you well. Please allow me to offer you my sympathies, and I deeply hope any therapy you receive works.

Judging by your post I suspect your strange parentage hasn't served you well. Please allow me to offer you my sympathies, and I deeply hope any therapy you receive works.

Your own seems to have failed, but at least you are finding an outlet.

My parentage was far from strange. It was the reaction of people who cannot understand simple reality that was strange, and contrary to your assertion in the OP, that was the adults, not the kids.

I think love is most important and if that's 2 moms or 2 dads, great. I do think it's important to have the other sex represented for the child, be that family or friends or godparent.

The OP should watch Rosie O'Donnell's special on the cruise for gay couples and their children. It is beautiful and heartbreaking.

You realize you were a child at one time, right?

Do you think those children are better off in a government warehouse unit than with a gay couple?

Children ARE NOT by nature very cruel, and there are plenty of children that DO NOT engage in bullying. The problem seems to be the ones that bully, so address the bullying or the parents that seem to be ok with it.

Disagreed. First, by adult standards, children are insane.

Second, the problem with Trump is that he acts like a child: narcissist completely lacking in empathy and who'll throw tantrums if he doesn't get his way. That's children to a "T".

Third; an old definition of maturity is when people start thinking about others before themselves. Girls usually "mature" faster than boys. Boys tend to be self-involved, girls more caring. Yes, children are cruel, but not intentionally. It's just that they don't care about anyone but themselves.

I despise children, so believe me, any such prevention would be considered a favour. That said, I still believe bringing one up in such an unnatural situation is sickening, and I would think will damage their mental well being.

The best way to prevent unwanted children is to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Sex ed and cheap, effective contraceptives is the first step. Plan B is the second and abortion the third. Step four is adoption or warehousing unwanted children in a barracks. Heck, let's just turn them into soldiers so you won't have to worry about "the gayz!"

Sounds like you got a lot of love from a lot of people while learning all about tolerance pretty young. It was probably horrible to witness at the time, but later made you a better person. Hopefully both your mom and dad ended up happy .

This thread is disgusting on so many levels usually my response to stuff like this is to ignore and not give airtime to such hate of self but I wanted to say something to you.

Sounds like you got a lot of love from a lot of people while learning all about tolerance pretty young. It was probably horrible to witness at the time, but later made you a better person. Hopefully both your mom and dad ended up happy .

This thread is disgusting on so many levels usually my response to stuff like this is to ignore and not give airtime to such hate of self but I wanted to say something to you.

Only disgusting if you take it seriously. Very few of the threads here are as entertaining as this one.

Research shows divorce is more harmful to children than same-sex parents. Should divorce be prohibited?

I don't know about all that, but I think continuing a bad marriage is worse than divorce. Should bad marriages be prohibited? :mrgreen:

Only disgusting if you take it seriously. Very few of the threads here are as entertaining as this one.

Yeah I used to think so....but look around you at what's happening in our country never mind the world.
The people spewing hate daily probably didnt take the guy that said he was going in seriously either until he went and killed 11 people in a synagogue.

Kids are also made fun of for being adopted, having only one parent, being from a mixed race family, having overweight parents, having parents with unpopular jobs and countless other things. It is a dumb reason to oppose such adoptions.

Disagreed. First, by adult standards, children are insane.

Second, the problem with Trump is that he acts like a child: narcissist completely lacking in empathy and who'll throw tantrums if he doesn't get his way. That's children to a "T".

Third; an old definition of maturity is when people start thinking about others before themselves. Girls usually "mature" faster than boys. Boys tend to be self-involved, girls more caring. Yes, children are cruel, but not intentionally. It's just that they don't care about anyone but themselves.

Who is talking about Trump?

I am a heterosexual pervert. Would you let me adopt a child?

sure-one with a black belt and a straight razor in her boot:mrgreen:

Who is talking about Trump?

Me. Do you have problem with comparing dreams about children and adults with examples from the present? Would you be okay if I mentioned Pelosi or Ted Kennedy killing a girl as being childish?

Back
Top Bottom