• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I had a dream

SgtRock

Cancel Cancel Culture and Woke Supremacy
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I had a dream that black boys grew up without fathers. They lacked dicipline and a moral compass. Many join gangs or lead a life of crime. They kill each other and treat women like bitches and hoes. Then I woke up and realized that this was not a dream its everyday reality for many young black men. MLK is rolling over in his grave and the race merchants perpetuate the problem by blaming it on the white man instead of looking within to help solve the problems in their communities.

Last edited:
Yes, but unless you're black, you're not allowed to call that out, and if you do you're a racist.

Yes, but unless you're black, you're not allowed to call that out, and if you do you're a racist.

I choose to invoke my rights under the 1st ammendment to our wonderful constitution.

Last edited:
In your dream, did you find that unreasonable fear of the 'other' and deep-rooted societal prejudice has helped perpetuate this myth?

In your dream, did you find that unreasonable fear of the 'other' and deep-rooted societal prejudice has helped perpetuate this myth?

What myth? That is the reality for millions of black (and white) Americans in this country.

Actually, there are several myths in the OP:

1. That people of color (specifically of African descent in this case) lack a moral compass
  2. That the problems in the OP can be fixed entirely within the 'community.'
  3. That the 'white man' is free from responsibility in this case.

That falls under the reality I awoke to where race merchants (black leaders) blame the white man for the problems in their community.

I had a dream that white boys grew up without fathers. They lacked dicipline and a moral compass. Many join gangs or lead a life of crime. They kill each other and treat women like bitches and hoes. Then I woke up and realized that this was not a dream its everyday reality for many young white men. George Wallace is rolling over in his grave and the race merchants perpetuate the problem by blaming it on the black man instead of looking within to help solve the problems in their communities.

1. That people of color (specifically of African descent in this case) lack a moral compass

Yeah, clearly a white man is behind it all... Must be Bush's fault. Again.

sangha, your post fails. I have yet to see a white person blame a black person for their position in life, or see white organizations making such claims.

A wise black man once said. Emancipate yourself from inner slavery. None but ourselfs can free our minds.

That falls under the reality I awoke to where race merchants (black leaders) blame the white man for the problems in their community.

If white men had been bright enough to vote even 55-45 for Goldwater in 1964 the Great Society programs that led to the breakup of families, both black and white, would never have been born.

The really sad part is that any time a black man such as Bill Cosby calls out black people to shape up, they get labeled as an Uncle Tom, and any time a white man calls out black people to shape up, they're labeled as a racist.

It is no wonder it's bad and only getting worse.

The really sad part is that any time a black man such as Bill Cosby calls out black people to shape up, they get labeled as an Uncle Tom, and any time a white man calls out black people to shape up, they're labeled as a racist.

It is no wonder it's bad and only getting worse.

Actually the violent crime stats peaked in 1992 and have been dropping steadily for a generation. Things are getting better, The media which feeds on blood and racism just makes it sound like things are getting worse.

Yeah, clearly a white man is behind it all... Must be Bush's fault. Again.

Well, if we want to be historically accurate. . . I suppose you could draw that conclusion.

sangha, your post fails. I have yet to see a white person blame a black person for their position in life, or see white organizations making such claims.

So millions of people blaming their lack of jobs/ freedom on President Obama didn't happen?

Wasn't that the whole purpose behind the Tea Party. . .

I had a dream that black boys grew up without fathers. They lacked dicipline and a moral compass. Many join gangs or lead a life of crime. They kill each other and treat women like bitches and hoes. Then I woke up and realized that this was not a dream its everyday reality for many young black men. MLK is rolling over in his grave and the race merchants perpetuate the problem by blaming it on the white man instead of looking within to help solve the problems in their communities.

When will people realize that it is much more complicated that this. That, of course, people within a community have a responsibility for how they conduct themselves. The behaviors in question however are a reaction to conditions within that community that white america created. Racial oppression and bigotry resulting not only in persecution but inequities in education, employment, opportunity and due process. It is not a reflection of anyone's nature or innate character. The rebellion to these conditions has been overtime folded into the culture and now appears to many to be independent of it. It is not. So yes white america is culpable so is black america.

1. people of color as a group don't lack a moral compass, but MANY within that group do
2. A large majority of the problems can be fixed within the group.
3. The "white man" is much less of a problem then intercommunity problems and most of the time is more or less a scape goat based on previous or currently perceived discrimination. Whatever discrimination is still in place is minimal in effect compared to the massive intercommunity problems facing this country, and in fact most places are absolutely clamoring to give minorities opportunities with less credentials then whites in the name of "diversity".

You're the one here with the myths.

When will people realize that it is much more complicated that this. That, of course, people within a community have a responsibility for how they conduct themselves. The behaviors in question however are a reaction to conditions within that community that white america created. Racial oppression and bigotry resulting not only in persecution but inequities in education, employment, opportunity and due process. It is not a reflection of anyone's nature or innate character. The rebellion to these conditions has been overtime folded into the culture and now appears to many to be independent of it. It is not. So yes white america is culpable so is black america.

So let me get this straight, it is my fault as a white American that blacks are shooting and killing each other at epidemic rates? :roll:

It may or may not be a reaction, but it is an absolutely unacceptable one at that. "white america" is not a good excuse for killing people on the streets in drive-bys or misogynist attitudes in rap videos.

So let me get this straight, it is my fault as a white American that blacks are shooting and killing each other at epidemic rates? :roll:

It may or may not be a reaction, but it is an absolutely unacceptable one at that. "white america" is not a good excuse for killing people on the streets in drive-bys or misogynist attitudes in rap videos.

Not what I said.

Well, if we want to be historically accurate. . . I suppose you could draw that conclusion.

So millions of people blaming their lack of jobs/ freedom on President Obama didn't happen?

Wasn't that the whole purpose behind the Tea Party. . .

Is that because he is black or because he happens to BE PRESIDENT!?!

Not what I said.

My post was partly hyperbole, but I'm sorry, your post reeks of an apologist attitude. Drive bys and crack dealing and fatherless babies cannot simply be reduced to a "rebellion" against "white america."

My post was partly hyperbole, but I'm sorry, your post reeks of an apologist attitude. Drive bys and crack dealing and fatherless babies cannot simply be reduced to a "rebellion" against "white america."

I did not reduce it to that. I was highlighting one aspect of it. There are many contributing factors and much "blame", which everyone seems so eager to assign, to go around.

More important than blame is solutions. White america will have to play a part in the solution or it will not change

The situation is much more complex than people on both sides of this argument care to admit. What basically happened is 350 years of slavery and Jim Crow left the black family particularly vulnerable to the Great Society Programs which often provided a woman food and money provided the man was not in the house.

Well, if we want to be historically accurate. . .

You just proved you can be no such thing.

That you do not know the difference between policies and race is noted.

You're the one here with the myths.

I have but one myth: that people are inherently rational.

1. I'm quite sure that the moral compas deal is equally distributed throughout all of humanity.
  2. Give me one example of a problem that can be 'fixed within the group.'
  3. When millions of people rally behind a person who, against the advice of police dispatch, shot an unarmed civilian. . . there is no need for a scapegoat. Discrimination is more than laws on paper, it's rooted deep within the subconscious of millions of ignorant Americans.

Back
Top Bottom