• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I got the flu shot, what did I get?

1.) So what was in your vaccination shot? Let's hear it. Can you take a pic of the info you were given and post it?
2.) WTF do you mean, questioning my "story?"
3.)I am sure they garbed a flu vaccine from the shelf just like a bloke at McDonald grabs a fry bag and puts fries in when ordered. I doubt either very often read the ingredients. Clearly they were not accustomed to being questioned as to whats in the little vile that says flu vaccine on it.
4.) Anyway, I am waiting to hear who manufactured your vaccine and what strains it contains.

1.) i probably could but im at work right now
2.) exactly what i said your "story" LMAO . . .its seems made up . . maybe its true maybe its not but it doesnt seem legit at all based on the rules for the medical field and me getting the shot for well over a decade
3.) actually clearly your story seems made up or your doctor works out of an alley
4.) wait all you want it doesnt matter to your irrational silly OP that everybody is mocking

This is easily researched.

It's not banned, that is not what I am saying,.

It is not recommended for the general populous and big pharma is not supported with government funded campaigns to arm twist the people to get it.

That too is untrue. What you actually said is that only the US and Canada "encourage it for the general populous."(sic) Flu vaccine is approved for use in the general populace in countries around the world.

All European countries do it. I've been 'flu-free for many years because of 'flu shots.

I have not had the flu since I started getting vaccinated in the 80's. After a bout of pneumonia that hospitalized me I took the flu a lot more serious. The problem is most people confuse the cold with the flu. When you struggle to make the call to 911 you will know how dangerous the flu can be and take it serious.

I still get colds and they can be nasty and linger for weeks or go away in a few days. The flu when you catch one that your immune system is not prepared for can and does kill. Most people who get the flu shot then catch a nasty cold think it is the flu. This gives them the impression the flu shot does not work. I think the flu shot works better than it gets credit for. The problem is you still need to take preventive measures and avoid people who are sick. I think too many people are not taking colds or the flu serious enough. I know elderly people who have gone decades without getting sick and the next thing you know they are dead thanks to the flu. There are literally 100's of millions of people in the graveyards thanks to the flu. The flu has probably killed more people than all the wars.

I finally got the flu shot. First one I have ever had.

I asked what was in it... what strains it may protect me against? The attendee did not know. The Doctor did not know. A second doctor did not know.
Instead they tried to hand me papers which advocated the flu shot be taken.

So I am wondering, does anyone here know what was in their flu shot? What strains am I possibly protected against? If the received the appropriate vaccine? Who manufactured it? Was it age/method of delivery appropriate?

and if not, why not? What a society of sheep we are. Government tells us to get a flu shot (not the best solution to flu to start with) and we go.

Your conclusion that you are a sheep is correct.

I pray you are not serious.

February 2018 is last years flu season. I take my exasperation back, you may well not know.

I am honestly not sure if you are being a wise guy or are unaware of how the flu season runs. It's November through April. So we are in the 18-19 flu season now. That link is to last year, the 2017-2018 season.

BTW, I understand, likely much better than you, about the flu vaccine and it's probability of protecting against the flu.

You sound like you are working on sound bites not having read anything in depth. It's OK but realize there is more to it than you get your shot and your saved.

Nice try at a save, but it's still this year. Save your exasperation for when you get the flu.

With that shot, you are 100% guaranteed to NOT be infected with Dengue fever, provided you DONT travel anywhere that Dengue fever carrying insects are to be found.

They do know about them... and crystals, which is why they steer us clear of them because they know how effective they really are.

You only think that because you haven't found the truth of tarot cards.

I finally got the flu shot. First one I have ever had.

I asked what was in it... what strains it may protect me against? The attendee did not know. The Doctor did not know. A second doctor did not know.
Instead they tried to hand me papers which advocated the flu shot be taken.

So I am wondering, does anyone here know what was in their flu shot? What strains am I possibly protected against? If the received the appropriate vaccine? Who manufactured it? Was it age/method of delivery appropriate?

and if not, why not? What a society of sheep we are. Government tells us to get a flu shot (not the best solution to flu to start with) and we go.

We don’t even know what exactly is in a Tylenol tablet or an antibiotic pill. We don’t know what preservatives they have used in our morning cereal. We don’t know exactly all the details of how a car, airplane, computer, or cell phone work. At some point, we just use things, with some faith that the experts in all these different fields know what they are doing. And it helps to have some good systems of regulation and oversight as well. The modern world is very complex and technical, and there are not enough hours in the day or days in the year to figure it all out by yourself. That doesn’t make us sheep.

If you really have the time, patience, and disposition, you could try to figure out all those technical details for yourself. The information is out there and not that hard to access. But life is too short. Stop being so paranoid and cynical,and go out and enjoy.

1.) i probably could but im at work right now
2.) exactly what i said your "story" LMAO . . .its seems made up . . maybe its true maybe its not but it doesnt seem legit at all based on the rules for the medical field and me getting the shot for well over a decade
3.) actually clearly your story seems made up or your doctor works out of an alley
4.) wait all you want it doesnt matter to your irrational silly OP that everybody is mocking

Stay unaware if you like.

Peace out.

Nice try at a save, but it's still this year. Save your exasperation for when you get the flu.

Wow, I take the time to explain it to you how things work and bam...a troll reply.

I should have know better, my bad.

We don’t even know what exactly is in a Tylenol tablet or an antibiotic pill. We don’t know what preservatives they have used in our morning cereal. We don’t know exactly all the details of how a car, airplane, computer, or cell phone work. At some point, we just use things, with some faith that the experts in all these different fields know what they are doing. And it helps to have some good systems of regulation and oversight as well. The modern world is very complex and technical, and there are not enough hours in the day or days in the year to figure it all out by yourself. That doesn’t make us sheep.

If you really have the time, patience, and disposition, you could try to figure out all those technical details for yourself. The information is out there and not that hard to access. But life is too short. Stop being so paranoid and cynical,and go out and enjoy.

All I am looking for is what flu strains the shot contains. I don't even know if it was a 3 or 4 strain shot.

So, in other words, you are a mindless drone. You I knew were already from your inane posts on on other subjects but thanks for the verification!

The CVS pharmacist knew the strains, the efficiency, and gave me a 5 dollar instore coupon (my insurance covered it)

Now you seem confused, if the shot didn't cover the strains you wished (do you even know what strains are out there to know if the shot would be effective???) would you gave declined the shot?

So, in other words YOU are a mindless drone. It was not only FREE I got PAID to get it. It is better than nothing, safe and the pharmacist noted I could get a free shingles vaccine (it is a two shot deal and I just got the second dose a few days ago)

I already knew you from your other inane posts on other subjects (and apparent inability to proofread your posts) but thanks for the verification! :peace

The CVS pharmacist knew the strains, the efficiency, and gave me a 5 dollar instore coupon (my insurance covered it)

I would assume it's on the package and easy for the seller to be aware.

Now you seem confused, if the shot didn't cover the strains you wished (do you even know what strains are out there to know if the shot would be effective???) would you gave declined the shot?

I said elsewhere in the thread why I would like to know.

So, in other words YOU are a mindless drone.

Not really bit youd have to read all my posts here to understand where I am coming from.

It was not only FREE I got PAID to get it.

Nothing is free. What you mean is that you did not directly pay for it or that someone else did.

It is better than nothing, safe and the pharmacist noted I could get a free shingles vaccine (it is a two shot deal and I just got the second dose a few days ago)

I hate to see pharmacists become salesmen but it is what it is and shingles vaccine sounds like a good idea. Think I will do the same.

I already knew you from your other inane posts on other subjects (and apparent inability to proofread your posts) but thanks for the verification! :peace

yeah, proof reading is definitely not my strong suit. My apologies for my poor posting habits where I do not proof read as i should.

All I am looking for is what flu strains the shot contains. I don't even know if it was a 3 or 4 strain shot.

It shouldn’t be that hard to find. Worst comes to worst, try contacting the CDC.

It shouldn’t be that hard to find. Worst comes to worst, try contacting the CDC.

how would the CDC know if my doc bought the 4 or 3 (and what age group my shot was for?)

how would the CDC know if my doc bought the 4 or 3 (and what age group my shot was for?)

I get my shots at CVS. I haven’t really looked, isn’t all that information, including the lot number and everything, on the printout sheet they gave you after the shot?

Maybe it's the degree to which we trust that is the issue.
I don’t think it’s the issue raised in your case. The fact remains that any competent doctor should have the information you asked for and should be able to provide it to patients (in the UK at least, I believe they’d be legally required to). The fact your doctors were unable or unwilling to do so is a failure of those individual doctors, not anything wider than that. The trust aspect doesn’t really apply - if they had given you the information, you’d still have to trust that what they told you was accurate and complete after all.

But still, I want to know what I was vaccinated against so I can apply it practically. Last year I avoided concerts, fast food and restaurant dinning for example. This year, with a good vaccine match I may not.
What are you basing your ideas about practices to avoid for flu prevention from and what leads you to believe the specifics of your flu vaccination could alter the need for those practices? Who are you trusting there?

Sorry, but I doubet facts from the CDC are going to influence someone who has repeatedly declared flu shots don't work.

Like seat belt and motorcycle helmet laws, I disagree on making vaccinations and any other preventive medical procedures mandatory. It's evolution in action. While I wish no harm to someone, if they voluntarily remove themselves from the gene pool, I won't be saddened by their demise....especially before they breed. :)

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/protect/keyfacts.htm

Stay unaware if you like.

Peace out.

Keep making deflections if you like LOL
but they will keep failing and people will keep pointing them out

Keep making deflections if you like LOL
but they will keep failing and people will keep pointing them out

You are a typical case of not knowing how much you don't know. You may now have the last word. All insecure people need to.

I wish you well.

You are a typical case of not knowing how much you don't know. You may now have the last word. All insecure people need to.

I wish you well.

And another failed deflection, this time you also posted a failed personal insult. LMAO
But here we are in the same spot and your OP is still coming up short with people pointing out that short coming.

I would assume it's on the package and easy for the seller to be aware. I said elsewhere in the thread why I would like to know. Not really bit youd have to read all my posts here to understand where I am coming from. Nothing is free. What you mean is that you did not directly pay for it or that someone else did. I hate to see pharmacists become salesmen but it is what it is and shingles vaccine sounds like a good idea. Think I will do the same. yeah, proof reading is definitely not my strong suit. My apologies for my poor posting habits where I do not proof read as i should.

Ya do know what ASSuME does right...

I don't know what quack you claim to have seen, the CVS pharmacist had enough paperwork to choke a horse about the shot- perhaps you lack a suitable attention span. How many health care professionals say be your own advocate and do your own research? Seems you want everyone to cover your own lack of initiative- if it concerns you so much- and want everyone cater to you like some child.

I said what I meant, it was free- why do you play silly word games about what we all understand my statement to mean but not look any deeper into current vaccines if it worries you so much??? You just seem contrary.

My pharmacist isn't a salesman, but more a concerned healthcare professional, knows my insurance, what it offers, my age and asked a few questions... imagine that...

oh as an FYI I could have gotten the shots for free through the VA as well... I guess in your quirky little train of thought YOU would have paid for them... :peace

Back
Top Bottom