• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I got cable TV Back, and I realized it was a bad idea.

So, the wifey and I cut the cord, we haven't had cable for 3-4 months. But because Spectrum took over TWC, they offered us cable back with a discount that made it worth the effort. Enter Cable into our lives. It's just the basic package. Now, my wife loves those home renovation and house buying shows, so that's good. But it also meant I could watch Fox News again! Yay me. Not really. After tuning them out for several months, I found it to be unwatchable. That doesn't mean I started liking MSNBC, CNN or anything like that. It just made watching 24 news... painful. One of the things my hiatus from DP has given me is peace from the toxicity of political discussion. Now that I've been exposed again to it on Cable News, I find it rather repulsive. I won't deny I've had a hand in toxic posts and threads here, but stepping away, perspective. I don't know if I'll ever wade back into the muck, not like I used too. Certain areas of the website I find hold no appeal at all anymore. Maybe it's just the continued changes I'm personally going through. Maybe it's age, maybe it's a lot of things all coming together.

On a personal note, disclosure day is upon me, December 19th. My dear daughter will be here on the 17th, she doesn't know about Renae. She and I will sit and have a nice talk, and we'll see how she reacts to losing her father and gaining a mother. I dare say that she'll let her mother know and that will blow the doors off it all. I'm not ashamed, I've just chosen to not deal with dramallama that will stampede into my life when this hits the fam. I'm excited, I'm scared, I'll find out how much love and support there really is in blood.

Anyhoots, I hope you all have been well and are planning an amazing Thanksgiving, and don't forget to vote. It would be the greatest shame that all of you who are so into politics, didn't actually vote on the 8th.

-Renae

What does "losing her father and gaining a mother" mean? I get the "losing" part. How does one"gain" a mother? So now she will have two mothers?

I don't vote to keep me away from a rigged and corrupt "system" the US rulling elites have created. Only the naive bother and think that their votes matter. As somebody said: If voting really mattered, it would be illegal - or something close to it.

In the 90's and early aughts I was a cable news junkie, it was on most of the day everyday and I loved it but then I started having it on less and then none at all. I for the most part have watched very little TV of any type for about 10 years. When I try to watch news now I cant remember why I liked it, it takes ages to find out anything new...was it always this bad? But it must me because I do remember that some years I had headline news on for 5-6 hours at a time, which was nothing but repeats, with the occasional nugget of new information. I much prefer to get my information by text online because I can skim, which I do, for every piece I read in full their are ten that I only skimmed, sometimes only skimmed parts of, before deciding that there was nothing on offer, or I took what little was. I have noticed over the years online places pushing video at me but that is the last thing I want, wading through a commercial of up to a minute to spend three minutes or so watching a video that had the damn thing been transcribed I could have gotten what I wanted in 45 seconds or less. I would like to say that reading online means I get to avoid all the emoting but that sure is not true, but reading online I have been able to learn to pass over that rapidly and get to the facts that I am looking for. If I want emoting and storytelling I generally watch Netflix.

Good luck with the kid, that sounds like a potential nightmare.

legalimmigrant;bt3752 said:
What does "losing her father and gaining a mother" mean? I get the "losing" part. How does one"gain" a mother? So now she will have two mothers?

I don't vote to keep me away from a rigged and corrupt "system" the US rulling elites have created. Only the naive bother and think that their votes matter. As somebody said: If voting really mattered, it would be illegal - or something close to it.

I'm MTF Trans...

I vote because voting IS power and I'm all out of tinfoil

Hawkeye10;bt3753 said:
In the 90's and early aughts I was a cable news junkie, it was on most of the day everyday and I loved it but then I started having it on less and then none at all. I for the most part have watched very little TV of any type for about 10 years. When I try to watch news now I cant remember why I liked it, it takes ages to find out anything new...was it always this bad? But it must me because I do remember that some years I had headline news on for 5-6 hours at a time, which was nothing but repeats, with the occasional nugget of new information. I much prefer to get my information by text online because I can skim, which I do, for every piece I read in full their are ten that I only skimmed, sometimes only skimmed parts of, before deciding that there was nothing on offer, or I took what little was. I have noticed over the years online places pushing video at me but that is the last thing I want, wading through a commercial of up to a minute to spend three minutes or so watching a video that had the damn thing been transcribed I could have gotten what I wanted in 45 seconds or less. I would like to say that reading online means I get to avoid all the emoting but that sure is not true, but reading online I have been able to learn to pass over that rapidly and get to the facts that I am looking for. If I want emoting and storytelling I generally watch Netflix.

Good luck with the kid, that sounds like a potential nightmare.

There are some good shows, Gotham for instance. But news? I might kick over the local stuff from time to time. I guess for BREAK stuff round the world, having cable news on is smart, otherwise.. I have the internet.

And yes, it's going to be, the toughest of times, but I hope I'm just being paranoid.

Back
Top Bottom