• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I got an email about Babak Sarani's work...

Xelor

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I wouldn't expect anyone here to know Babak Sarani, but he is a DC Metro physician who, like his similarly "nameless" peers around the country, routinely endeavors save trauma victims' lives.

How cool would it be to enact policies that all but put "Bob" out of the business of having to perform procedures such as that shown in the above linked-to video? Very cool in my estimation.

How cool would it be to enact policies that all but put "Bob" out of the business of having to perform procedures such as that shown in the above linked-to video? Very cool in my estimation.
Not cool if it means opposing the Second Amendment.

Yes, Dr. Sarani and all emergency room physicians are genuine heroes. They deserve great respect and good salaries.

I feel, however, that guns per se are not the problem.

The question that needs addressing is: Why do so many young men resort to violence?

Yes, Dr. Sarani and all emergency room physicians are genuine heroes. They deserve great respect and good salaries.

I feel, however, that guns per se are not the problem.

The question that needs addressing is: Why do so many young men resort to violence?

Red:
Guns, though they are not the problem, enable the people who are and who get hold of guns. That leaves one who had rather see and proactively effect lower incidences of involuntary gun deaths/injuries four rational solution options/paths:
  • Do something about guns themselves
  • Do something about access to guns
  • Do something about the ways guns are used
  • Do something about people
I don't care which of those paths -- one or several -- we take; I care that the path we take works to a statistically significant extent, and if, within a lustrum, it doesn't do so, we pursue a different/additional path.

Yea, we need to make shooting people illegal! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom