• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I find it absolutely amazing

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
I am a person that grew up on a farm, I started working at 7 years old on chores, and continued to work all my life until I retired at 70. I guess that is the reason I find it amazing that the streets are always filled with protesters whining about something. Why are the not at work? Where I live, there are signs out all over that businesses want workers.

I am a person that grew up on a farm, I started working at 7 years old on chores, and continued to work all my life until I retired at 70. I guess that is the reason I find it amazing that the streets are always filled with protesters whining about something. Why are the not at work? Where I live, there are signs out all over that businesses want workers.

Good for you, I had the same upbringing but am not at retirement age, so I'm still working. Why don't you just enjoy your retirement? Why do you fill your days with hatred?

Good for you, I had the same upbringing but am not at retirement age, so I'm still working. Why don't you just enjoy your retirement? Why do you fill your days with hatred?

Why do you assume its hatred

Protest is one of the most American things a person can do

You have no idea what their work schedules are. People don't work 24/7. :shrug:

Not hatred, just an observer of what is happening.

Uh---------------actually WORK is the most American thing you can do. What the hell good does plugging up the streets do besides make 99% of the people mad?

I get it. If I grew up on a farm, there would be so many things that I couldn't understand.

Uh---------------actually WORK is the most American thing you can do. What the hell good does plugging up the streets do besides make 99% of the people mad?

People all over the world work, that's not some awesome "American" thing.

To me, protecting our freedoms for which the country was founded on, is a very "American" thing to do.

Thomas Jefferson said:
God forbid we should ever be 20. years without such a rebellion. The people can not be all, and always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. We have had 13. states independant 11. years. There has been one rebellion. That comes to one rebellion in a century and a half for each state. What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure. Our Convention has been too much impressed by the insurrection of Massachusets: and in the spur of the moment they are setting up a kite to keep the hen yard in order. I hope in god this article will be rectified before the new constitution is accepted

You speak as a white straight man who has never has to fight for your rights.

This is white privilege folks

Yes, it is.

But rioting and looting are not.

And many in the media wish to downplay these--tell us that they are only occasionally occurring--when we can see the buildings burning in the background.

Yes, it is.

And many in the media wish to downplay these--tell us that they are only occasionally occuring--when we can see the buildings burning in the background.

Yeah? How many buildings burned?

Yeah, damn Tea Partiers....

Yeah? How many buildings burned?

I really do not know.

But even one would be too many.

Or do you believe that the cause of "social justice" is (somehow) advanced by this hooliganism?

Do you, perhaps, even agree with the person who claimed that the looting amounted to (perfectly just) "reparations"?

Yes, it is.

And many in the media wish to downplay these--tell us that they are only occasionally occurring--when we can see the buildings burning in the background.

You need to study your history. Rioting and looting are major elements of US history.

But rioting, looting, assault, attempted murder, destruction of public & private property, burning down buildings, and defacing and destroying public monuments are certainly not.

I really do not know.

But even one would be too many.

Or do you believe that the cause of "social justice" is (somehow) advanced by this hooliganism?

Do you, perhaps, even agree with the person who claimed that the looting amounted to (perfectly just) "reparations"?

Such hooligans!!! Soon they will be throwing tea in the harbor!!!!

But rioting, looting, assault, attempted murder, destruction of public & private property, burning down buildings, and defacing and destroying public monuments are certainly not.

But you support the protests.....right?

When you have leftist fascist Mayor's and Governor's intentionally destroying the economy by shutting down businesses and destroying people's lives, you can probably expect more than a few unemployed in those locations.

People all over the world work, that's not some awesome "American" thing.

To me, protecting our freedoms for which the country was founded on, is a very "American" thing to do.

Quoting Thomas Jefferson is no longer in fashion... He's a former slave owner, remember?

Yes, it is.

And many in the media wish to downplay these--tell us that they are only occasionally occuring--when we can see the buildings burning in the background.

You can't judge a man till you walk a mile in his shoes

Many people have not had the opportunity you have. Poverty, hopelessness and discrimination breeds revolution.

People.revolt from their plight in different ways. Peaceful protest to burning and looting. If the issues are not addressed it could get worse.

So really this thread is just the OP shaking his cane and telling kids to get out of his yard?

So... You didn't learn anything about the American Revolution when you were in school, eh? Good to know.

Back
Top Bottom