• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I find it absolutely amazing

You can't judge a man till you walk a mile in his shoes

Many people have not had the opportunity you have. Poverty, hopelessness and discrimination breeds revolution.

People.revolt from their plight in different ways. Peaceful protest to burning and looting. If the issues are not addressed it could get worse.

Are you suggesting, then, that those who have not made it into the middle class, in America, should be absolved of any guilt when they riot and loot?

Are you saying that it is okay for those with a paucity of "opportunity" to act in a barbaric manner?

Protest is one of the most American things a person can do

It is patriotic ...... absolutely.

Elected officials pay themselves more than $3,370 per week ( $174,000-$194,000 annually) plus a variety of expense accounts = Over rated and over paid!

Those who riot and loot may not be protesters but may in fact be members of law enforcement covert activity to blemish the image of peaceful demonstrators.

Last edited:
Well, slavery was once one of the "major elements of US history," also.

Are you suggesting, then, that we should change the current law--and now embrace it?

I did not say that. I simply corrected a factually incorrect statement about our history.

I did not say that. I simply corrected a factually incorrect statement about our history.

And precisely what statement was "factually incorrect"?

Please be precise.

Well, slavery was once one of the "major elements of US history," also.

Are you suggesting, then, that we should change the current law--and now embrace it?

How the **** do you conflate rioting with slavery?

"Please be precise".

And precisely what statement was "factually incorrect"?

Please be precise.

The one I quoted in my post...

Did you not read that?

I get it. If I grew up on a farm, there would be so many things that I couldn't understand.

So instead, there are so many “more” things you don’t understand.

Good for you, I had the same upbringing but am not at retirement age, so I'm still working. Why don't you just enjoy your retirement? Why do you fill your days with hatred?

Hatred? Facts? Personal experiences? What! Now they are all forms of hatred? Get a life and stop with your own hatred.

How the **** do you conflate rioting with slavery?

"Please be precise".

My comparison is between the "major elements of US history."

Oh, and I consider rioting to be inherently wrong--just as the institution of slavery was also wrong.

Does that answer your question?

The one I quoted in my post...

Did you not read that?

I really do not wish to take the trouble to look it up.

So if you feel that I have mis-quoted you, please submit the quote here--together with what I said.

My comparison is between the "major elements of US history."

Oh, and I consider rioting to be inherently wrong--just as the institution of slavery was also wrong.

Does that answer your question?

No, but it does indicate a warped mind.

I really do not wish to take the trouble to look it up.

So if you feel that I have mis-quoted you, please submit the quote here--together with what I said.

You seem terribly confused. You asked what I was referring to, when what I was referring to was the post I had quoted. If you reply to someone, you should at least actually read what you are replying to...

No, but it does indicate a warped mind.

As I mentioned to another poster: The forum rule requiring civility (it is "a MUST"--caps in original) seems to have been missed by you.

You seem terribly confused. You asked what I was referring to, when what I was referring to was the post I had quoted. If you reply to someone, you should at least actually read what you are replying to...

Well, I am really not "terribly confused" about the fact that you are a most unhelpful poster--who wishes merely to criticize, without bothering to elucidate.

Back
Top Bottom