• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

I finally got to see fahrenheit 9/11...

GeorgeBushSucks

Reaction score
and after watching it 3 times, I cant understand why he was voted in for a second term.

so I am forced to assume, the majority of Americans haven’t seen it.

I hate him, and not as a person, he might be a nice old family man, but politically, I hate his guts.

is he the most stupid president ever? I think he’s one of them.

I'm not even American, and it makes me mad that he got re-elected.

Though it makes me even more mad that he got elected in the first place, when he didn’t even really win Florida, and shouldn’t have won the presidency, it makes me furious that he takes such a stand against terrorism now, when his family and friends are connected to many. I cant believe that in America, you can win a presidency through corruption and who you know, not what you know.

Because lets be clear about this, George Bush is seriously unintelligent. he is incompetent, he cant do his job, or rather he cant do it well, he cannot answer questions that aren’t pre-approved, he cant make speeches that aren’t pre-written, by someone else, he makes terrible decisions, he cant spend even 50% of time at work, when he has angularly one of the most important jobs, he’s never heard of the word dedication, he covers his own back, rather than protecting America, he cant get his lazy butt off his seat when he’s informed that the nation is under attack, and instead proceeds to read a child’s book, yes, America should be proud of him. he has none of the characteristics of a leader, of a competent leader, his character is seriously questionable, he lies through his teeth at time, he is no role model, he is a disgrace.

If George Bush represents America on the world stage, then America should not be proud. America should be ashamed, and everyone who voted him back in should be.

Dude, you are going to get soooo flamed...

Michael Moore? I mean really...

I'm fairly liberal when you boil it right on down and I was rooting for Kerry the whole time but... You sight Fahrenheit 9/11 as a good source of Bush bashing?

well I've not being a fan of George bush for a very very long time, but the doc confounded my dislike and since I only saw it last night, then yeah, I list that, and Michael moors opinions, are just as valid as everyone elses, it may be a very biased documentary, and certain things open to question, but the fact is, George bush shouldn’t be president, and isnt capable.

I'm very much looking foward to getting flamed.

In Fahrenheit 9/11 it made Iraq out to be a place of kite flying and joy. That's retarded. I'm against the war and I found that to be sick.

Micheal Moore is entitled to all of retarded opinions that he can think up, but when it comes down to it, he uses too many lies.

Where are you from G BS? It looks like you have been influenced by anti-American. anti-Bush propaganda. I hope you have an open mind and read some of the opinions of others in the forum who like President Bush and his policies. We always like a good debate about the issues, that's why we are here.

In Fahrenheit 9/11 it made Iraq out to be a place of kite flying and joy. That's retarded. I'm against the war and I found that to be sick.

Micheal Moore is entitled to all of retarded opinions that he can think up, but when it comes down to it, he uses too many lies.

as does bush.

I was actually for the war, not the reasons used as to why we were going to attack, since a lot of it was BS, but to try and take out an evil dictator, that in itself made it worth it. too bad George bush went about it dishonourably.

what does Michael Moore lie about?

He took a lot of things out of context, and doctored one news article he uses in his film--not a documentary. I recommend you check out "Celsius 41.11" and "Farenhype 9/11." These two documentaries point out in great detail the lies Michael Moore used in his film. "Farenhype 9/11" also has some of the very same people in Moore's film stating their images were used out of context, doctored, manipulated, and a lot of the times they were never even interviewd by Moore himself; just stock footage that he picked up later on.

Michael Moore is entitled to his own opinions. But don't trust what he puts out there for you to watch.

Squawker said:
Where are you from G BS? It looks like you have been influenced by anti-American. anti-Bush propaganda. I hope you have an open mind and read some of the opinions of others in the forum who like President Bush and his policies. We always like a good debate about the issues, that's why we are here.

I'm from the uk.

and I do have an open mind, and I dont hate america, or americans, I just dont like bush, perhaps everyone is influenced by what they see, hear and read, I dont really like americas need to try and be and maintain itself as the big power in the world and all, but I'm not anti-american. what good policies does he have? do you have a link to the people who are for bush?

GeorgeBushSucks said:
I'm from the uk.

and I do have an open mind, and I dont hate america, or americans, I just dont like bush, perhaps everyone is influenced by what they see, hear and read, I dont really like americas need to try and be and maintain itself as the big power in the world and all, but I'm not anti-american. what good policies does he have? do you have a link to the people who are for bush?

www.270towin.com

It is the electoral map of election 2004, gives the percentage by which he won in each state.

flip2 said:
He took a lot of things out of context, and doctored one news article he uses in his film--not a documentary. I recommend you check out "Celsius 41.11" and "Farenhype 9/11." These two documentaries point out in great detail the lies Michael Moore used in his film. "Farenhype 9/11" also has some of the very same people in Moore's film stating their images were used out of context, doctored, manipulated, and a lot of the times they were never even interviewd by Moore himself; just stock footage that he picked up later on.

Michael Moore is entitled to his own opinions. But don't trust what he puts out there for you to watch.

ah ok, are those two docs avaliable in the uk? at normal shops?

GeorgeBushSucks said:
ah ok, are those two docs avaliable in the uk? at normal shops?

I don't know. Research online. Don't know what the equivalent there would be to a Hollywood Video store. I'm sure you have Blockbuster Video. They have them (the 2 videos) there, at least here in America.

First of all, if you aren't an american then don't talk bad about how our country is ran. May not be PC but its just one of my pet peeves. Fahrenheit 9/11 was edited to show only what Michael fat pig liar Moore wanted you to see. If you want to see just how much of that movie was half truths and lies watch Fahrenhype 9/11. Don't have it in your anti-bush country? give me your address and I'll send you a copy.
Look at ALL the facts before you make an opinion.

When something remotely like 9/11 happens to the U.K. i'll be thrilled to see how you guys handle it. So exactly how are the Bush's connected to terrorism and I don't want half truths and lies you heard from Michael Moron. I want a solid connection. You don't live in america and until you get the whole truth you have no buisness talking bad about how it is ran OR who it is run by. I doubt you even really got full coverage of the 2000 elections and if you did that too was biased. George Bush may not be the most intelligent candidate but it takes more than intelligence to run a country, it takes courage and a cool head, which President Bush has. You try running a country sometime. And despite what your liberal country might be telling you americans are NOT ashamed. NEVER have been, NEVER will.
Enough with the lies and half truths.

Last edited:
americans are NOT ashamed. NEVER have been, NEVER will.
I'm American, and I'm ashamed of Bush. But not for the same reasons most extreme liberals are.

Bush handled 9/11 very well. Most everyone praised his leadership during that time. So what if he kept reading to children for nine minutes? That only tells me he didn't panic, which is exactly the kind of leadership that's needed in a crisis. So what if bin Laden's family was allowed to leave the country? bin Ladin's family disowned him after the 1993 WTC bombing - they disagree with UBL as much as America does; they are not terrorists like he is.

Bush made the right decision in Iraq, but it was based on wrong and bad information that wasn't his fault. My problem with Bush is the fact he hasn't really admitted that mistake. He's trying to hide it by turning it into a human rights crusade.

To put out a fire, you have to remove the fuel. Bush has failed to address the fuel igniting the Iraqi insurgency. Every time the insurgents are quoted, they say things like "we will not suffer under another oppressive regime like Sadaam Hussein", referring to the U.S. as "the occupying forces", and they compare America to soviet-era U.S.S.R. These accusations are inaccurate, but Bush has said next to nothing in refute. So it's no surprise the flame still burns. His silence is interpreted as confirmation.

Bush surrounds himself and his cabinet with document-forging thugs like Philip A. Cooney (on global warming) and totalitarian-minded dictators like John Ashcroft and Donald Rumsfeld.

Bush has caused America to be the ONLY nation in the world to back out of the Kyoto agreement.

Bush has said for five years that we need to learn more about global warming before making a decision, when it takes 10 minutes for any casual idiot to find multiple college websites refuting any claim that humans are not adversely affecting the atmosphere.

So yea, I'm an American, and I'm ashamed that Bush is my President.

guns_God_glory said:
First of all, if you aren't an american then don't talk bad about how our country is ran. May not be PC but its just one of my pet peeves. Fahrenheit 9/11 was edited to show only what Michael fat pig liar Moore wanted you to see. If you want to see just how much of that movie was half truths and lies watch Fahrenhype 9/11. Don't have it in your anti-bush country? give me your address and I'll send you a copy.
excuse me, but I have every right to talk 'bad about how the us is ran'. have you not heard of freedom of speech?.

and my country isnt anti-bush, or perhaps some of it is, but we went to war with bush to help, so lets not pretend we are all completeley agaisnt bush and his govt, blair sure isnt, as arnt many. just because you are anti-bush, doesnt mean youre anti-america. theres a difference, and as a matter of fact, I am going to try and get hold of those documentries, I'm not adverse to changing my mind when I hear others points of view, but I still have every right to express my opinion, regardless of whether you agree, or disagree, with my reasons why.

guns_God_glory said:
When something remotely like 9/11 happens to the U.K. i'll be thrilled to see how you guys handle it. So exactly how are the Bush's connected to terrorism and I don't want half truths and lies you heard from Michael Moron. I want a solid connection. You don't live in america and until you get the whole truth you have no buisness talking bad about how it is ran OR who it is run by. I doubt you even really got full coverage of the 2000 elections and if you did that too was biased. George Bush may not be the most intelligent candidate but it takes more than intelligence to run a country, it takes courage and a cool head, which President Bush has. You try running a country sometime. And despite what your liberal country might be telling you americans are NOT ashamed. NEVER have been, NEVER will.
Enough with the lies and half truths.

first of all, I've talked to many americans who are ashamed hes president, so maybe you should stop with the lies and half truths also, you cant speak for the whole of youre country, youre only one person.

secondly, whats with the 'When something remotely like 9/11 happens to the U.K. i'll be thrilled to see how you guys handle it.' stuff all about? I'm not attacking bush for going to war, I was for the war as I already mentioned, I was just against the reasons why we were told we were going to war, at least TB admitted he was wrong, that intelligence was wrong, bush is too high and mighty to even admit that. and wasnt he warned of an emmediate threat against national security and he did nothing about it? or was that a lie by MM?.

GeorgeBushSucks said:
excuse me, but I have every right to talk 'bad about how the us is ran'. have you not heard of freedom of speech?.

and my country isnt anti-bush, or perhaps some of it is, but we went to war with bush to help, so lets not pretend we are all completeley agaisnt bush and his govt, blair sure isnt, as arnt many. just because you are anti-bush, doesnt mean youre anti-america. theres a difference, and as a matter of fact, I am going to try and get hold of those documentries, I'm not adverse to changing my mind when I hear others points of view, but I still have every right to express my opinion, regardless of whether you agree, or disagree, with my reasons why.

Absolutely. Thank you for making the distinction. :)

Some of us are equally ashamed that we had Jefferson Clinton in office as well.

guns_God_glory said:
So you're telling me that you don't have an opinion of Blackbeard the pirate, Jesus, Julius Caesar, Genghis Khan?

Maybe you should restate your theory.

Binary_Digit said:
Bush has caused America to be the ONLY nation in the world to back out of the Kyoto agreement.
I have a huge problem with the Kyoto agreement, it allows smaller countries who are already the world's largest polluters a pass while it forces developed countries to punish themselves with constantly increasing polution control, it's a bad deal, so much so that the country of origin would not even sign it, btw, it also was refused by former president William Jefferson Clinton.

Bush has said for five years that we need to learn more about global warming before making a decision, when it takes 10 minutes for any casual idiot to find multiple college websites refuting any claim that humans are not adversely affecting the atmosphere.
Actually, most studies show that there is in fact global climate change, however the debate is split evenly on whether humans are causing it or not. Some theories are that the Earth is in a time of axis change, some say that recent increases in seismic activity are contributing, etc. I will not fault our president for that one. p.s. there is also a theory that solar output is in a peak period, but that one would be speculation basically.

At least you are fair about your opinions and qualify them by showing your sources of reason.

GeorgeBushSucks said:
and after watching it 3 times, I cant understand why he was voted in for a second term.

so I am forced to assume, the majority of Americans haven’t seen it.

I hate him, and not as a person, he might be a nice old family man, but politically, I hate his guts.

is he the most stupid president ever? I think he’s one of them.

Though it makes me even more mad that he got elected in the first place, when he didn’t even really win Florida, and shouldn’t have won the presidency, it makes me furious that he takes such a stand against terrorism now, when his family and friends are connected to many. I cant believe that in America, you can win a presidency through corruption and who you know, not what you know.

Because lets be clear about this, George Bush is seriously unintelligent. he is incompetent, he cant do his job, or rather he cant do it well, he cannot answer questions that aren’t pre-approved, he cant make speeches that aren’t pre-written, by someone else, he makes terrible decisions, he cant spend even 50% of time at work, when he has angularly one of the most important jobs, he’s never heard of the word dedication, he covers his own back, rather than protecting America, he cant get his lazy butt off his seat when he’s informed that the nation is under attack, and instead proceeds to read a child’s book, yes, America should be proud of him. he has none of the characteristics of a leader, of a competent leader, his character is seriously questionable, he lies through his teeth at time, he is no role model, he is a disgrace.

If George Bush represents America on the world stage, then America should not be proud. America should be ashamed, and everyone who voted him back in should be.

ahh, very true.

i love america...it was what i stand for. and just knowing that a pea-brained, unintelligent, indecisive, (Moderator) Please watch the bad language. It doesn't add anything to the debate. bush represents me on a daily basis reeeeally ticks me off...if there was one thing that could break me down to say i'm ashamed to be american, he would be it.

i viewed farenheit 9/11 in the first couple weeks of its release...i wasn't easily persuaded by some of the arguments made by micheal moore, but after doing a substantial amount of my own research, i actually think the majority of it checks out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michael Moore was and is a very biased chronicler. Having said that, what movie ain't slanted to the views of the maker? He (MM) is supposed to promote somebody else's point of view?

The rabid hatred of MM even surpasses that of Kerry by the SBVT!

Come on folks, if you can't separate the wheat from the chaff, just don't bother watching the piece. But, of course, you have to comment about the "unfairness" of the depiction...

Wow... I am still amazed everyday how much influence our media and entertainment industry has on us! I admit, I too sometimes let a broadcast or 'show' influence my opinion.... but I certainly do not go as far as Allison42x. Just to let you know where I stand... I have never voted for Bush, but I also never voted for Kerry!

Seriously though, you should try and do a bit more (or better) homework before taking a position. I'm not saying don't watch movies or TV, I'm just saying you shouldn't ONLY watch movies and TV. I didn't particularly like 9/11 but found it interesting enough to go a bit further and read up on the parts I found interesting. You actually might be surprised if you do the same.

I try and respect everyone's opinion, whether its radical right or left.. but I find it hard to listen to people who base their opinions on Hollywood movies.

Oh and on your comment about our election process: I agreed that it isn't perfect but hell its better than communisim or a radical regime running the joint. Certainly, the folks you run (and typically win) come from an elite class but they are elected in by every Tom, **** and Harry we've got (excusing our Electoral College for a moment). I certainly would like our system cleaned up a bit... but hell you just proved in an era of media and publicity thats all that counts if you want to win an election.

Back
Top Bottom