• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I finally did it.

Real Korimyr #9

Not Myself, I'm a Replica of Me
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
After fifteen years of waffling around it, I have finally committed myself to changing the name I was given at birth, and breaking the hold it had over me in my relationships with my family.

I have decided that my name is no longer Cecil Thomas Sims. From now on, I am Viktyr Ludvig Korimir; I start the process of having it changed legally on Monday.

After fifteen years of waffling around it, I have finally committed myself to changing the name I was given at birth, and breaking the hold it had over me in my relationships with my family.

I have decided that my name is no longer Cecil Thomas Sims. From now on, I am Viktyr Ludvig Korimir; I start the process of having it changed legally on Monday.

But Cecil is a really cool name. :confused:

I know, and I hate to lose it, but it was grandfather's name and I needed to have a name with no connections to my family. He always hated the name anyway, so I don't feel that I'm dishonoring him in any way by dropping his name.

Whatever makes you happy, Korimyr. It's obviously a decision that you've spent a long time making and something that you've given a lot of thought. I hope things go the way you hope them to.

Congratulations, sir. I only know of one other name change and that was Chad Ochocinco. Yours is much better. I hope you and your new name are very happy together.

I know, and I hate to lose it, but it was grandfather's name and I needed to have a name with no connections to my family. He always hated the name anyway, so I don't feel that I'm dishonoring him in any way by dropping his name.

I understand what you're getting at.

I've seriously considered changing my surname, to that of one of my blood relatives, to better honor them and better represent myself.
Haven't convinced the wife to join me on that, not sure if we ever will.

I've seriously considered changing my surname, to that of one of my blood relatives, to better honor them and better represent myself.

I considered that for years, but my mother's father was a bastard, too. And as much as I'm trying to maintain relations with my family, I needed to make this break from all of them.

edit: My mother calls me "Vik" now. :kitty:

Whenever I hear of someone changing their name, I think of that episode of The New Leave It To Beaver in which Kip gets an afterschool job as a gas station attendant and they give him a work shirt with a name tag, but none of the shirts have the name tag for "Kip," and so he's given a shirt with some other name that he's called, and when he goes home and explains it to his little brother he asks if he can be called Aquaman.

Good luck with the name change. :)

Congrats. Obviously this is something you've put considerable thought into and means a great deal to you, so good for you. Though for the record, I do concur with HG that Cecil is a very cool name.

Congratulations, Viktyr Ludvig Korimir!!!!!

I think I can understand why changing your name is important to you. My sister, married for 18 years, recently divorced. While she was in court, she took back her maiden name. She said, "Maggie, I wanted to keep the name of the man who loved me all of his life, instead of keep the name of the man who didn't."

How can one argue with that? Good luck, Viktyr!!! (Does this mean you're dropping "The Rat" part?) ;-)

Your new name sounds awesome. I'm not lying either. Viktyr Ludvig Korimir sounds incredibly badass.

Whenever I hear of someone changing their name, I think of that episode of The New Leave It To Beaver in which Kip gets an afterschool job as a gas station attendant and they give him a work shirt with a name tag, but none of the shirts have the name tag for "Kip," and so he's given a shirt with some other name that he's called, and when he goes home and explains it to his little brother he asks if he can be called Aquaman.

Good luck with the name change. :)

Old man. :)

How can one argue with that? Good luck, Viktyr!!! (Does this mean you're dropping "The Rat" part?) ;-)

I'll always be "the Rat". This just means that "Korimir" is my real name now.

Okay. I filed the court paperwork and placed an ad in the newspaper. Now, I just have to wait 30 days and hope no one files an objection to my name change.

I still have an outstanding judgment from 2007 that I could never resolve because I could never contact the company I supposedly owed money. I've got my fingers crossed that it doesn't put the kibosh on the whole thing.

Why this name in particular and why change from your family if you dont mind me asking?

I'd change my name to Mr. Bangey McSplodinator.

Why this name in particular and why change from your family if you dont mind me asking?

It's the alias I've been using for the past ten years. As for why changing from my family name... I can't live up to my own expectations of living up to my family name. The only way to break free of those expectations was to break free of my family name-- and all three of my names were family names, as I was named after relatives.

Awwww..... why change out of shame? Did you family members fight nazis with their bear hands in the woods for weeks or something?

It's not shame. It's just... pressure. Pressure I can't deal with.

Hrrmm... well when I get stressed I pop an L-theanine or two. It's niiiiiice. ;)

Awwww..... why change out of shame? Did you family members fight nazis with their bear hands in the woods for weeks or something?

If his family all have the paws of bears, I guess I can understand his wishing a degree of disassociation. :lol:

...mean post edited...

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be mean - de debbil made me do it. It was too inviting - I promise to behave in future. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom