• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I feel alone

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Lately I’ve felt very deep depression, sadness. Where all I want to do is sleep. Even after battling stomach cancer going through all that, I feel like dying would have been easier. Even when sick I had a good job and people always took advantage of the nice guy I could never say no. I gave and gave to people and those same people when I needed something now aren’t there. I supported a woman who I loved, I gave her my whole bank account paying her bills, so she could go through school and study, who couldn’t even visit me in the hospital but I let it go, I’m not one to confront people.

I don’t find joys in everyday life, I’ll have good days where I’m exicted for football and then down right days I wish I could just sleep and never wake up. It’s sad how shitty people are towards you when you’re nothing but nice to them. I want to end my life but what keeps me going is knowing I would upset my family even as complicated as relationship I had with them I wouldn’t want to know their suffering but some days it feels so easy. I’m tired of being walked over and used by people I gave everything to and they have no heart or respect or even warmth towards you as if they expect it. Some days it’s hard when you hold it all inside and pretend to carry a smile but inside you feel emptiness

Lately I’ve felt very deep depression, sadness. Where all I want to do is sleep. Even after battling stomach cancer going through all that, I feel like dying would have been easier. Even when sick I had a good job and people always took advantage of the nice guy I could never say no. I gave and gave to people and those same people when I needed something now aren’t there. I supported a woman who I loved, I gave her my whole bank account paying her bills, so she could go through school and study, who couldn’t even visit me in the hospital but I let it go, I’m not one to confront people.

I don’t find joys in everyday life, I’ll have good days where I’m exicted for football and then down right days I wish I could just sleep and never wake up. It’s sad how shitty people are towards you when you’re nothing but nice to them. I want to end my life but what keeps me going is knowing I would upset my family even as complicated as relationship I had with them I wouldn’t want to know their suffering but some days it feels so easy. I’m tired of being walked over and used by people I gave everything to and they have no heart or respect or even warmth towards you as if they expect it. Some days it’s hard when you hold it all inside and pretend to carry a smile but inside you feel emptiness
You're not alone.

Lately I’ve felt very deep depression, sadness. Where all I want to do is sleep. Even after battling stomach cancer going through all that, I feel like dying would have been easier.

Dying is always easier, but it's not necessarily better. We all day soon enough, no need to rush things. Sorry if I come across as flippant but just trying to inject a wee bit of levity here.

Even when sick I had a good job and people always took advantage of the nice guy I could never say no. I gave and gave to people and those same people when I needed something now aren’t there. I supported a woman who I loved, I gave her my whole bank account paying her bills, so she could go through school and study, who couldn’t even visit me in the hospital but I let it go, I’m not one to confront people.

Read the book "No More Mr Nice Guy."

I don’t find joys in everyday life, I’ll have good days where I’m exicted for football and then down right days I wish I could just sleep and never wake up. It’s sad how shitty people are towards you when you’re nothing but nice to them.

**** 'em. Learn to love yourself instead.

I want to end my life but what keeps me going is knowing I would upset my family even as complicated as relationship I had with them I wouldn’t want to know their suffering but some days it feels so easy.

Yeah, don't go there. I was thinking about it yesterday because I was kinda in a dark place like you are: in our body, we're basically mostly made of hydrogen, oxygen, and carbon. Once we're done, all the atoms and molecules in our body go somewhere. They get used. What's left is just a hunk of carbon. But until then, we've got this amazing gift that, as far as anyone knows, is given to us and us only in this universe. We're somehow aware of the universe around us. I took simple delight in just looking at beautiful clouds and sunset. And the moon. Just think: the moon you see tonight is the same moon dinosaurs must have seen 100 million years ago.

I’m tired of being walked over and used by people I gave everything to and they have no heart or respect or even warmth towards you as if they expect it. Some days it’s hard when you hold it all inside and pretend to carry a smile but inside you feel emptiness

I think we tend to get lost in a world of 'us'.

I'm sorry you're feeling this way, and I hope you can find it within you to make peace. Don't be afraid to get help from someone who knows how to handle mental health issues.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm glad that you're alive. I'm not a psychologist, just someone who has been through depression and OCD. I have had some pretty dark times mentally. I'm at the point, though, where I want a long life even when shit hurts both physically and emotionally. I still feel weak and vulnerable at times. Routine helps. Sometimes dark humor and inside jokes with myself help. When feel like I'm running on empty, I keep walking. When I can't keep walking, I take a day or a partial day to rest.

Keep moving. Find the cool parts of your movie. You can do it.

Tried meds? Seen a shrink? Depression tells you a shrink can't help. Depression tells you meds won't help you. You have to fight that. Have you tried?

I almost lost a child to suicide, those were the most crushing days of my life, waiting for her recovery. I can't pretend to know what you are going through, but I do know if you seek help, it is available, don't be too proud accept it. I wish you the best, but you have to reach out for help. The cure will not be easy or quick, but it is there if you want it.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm glad that you're alive. I'm not a psychologist, just someone who has been through depression and OCD. I have had some pretty dark times mentally. I'm at the point, though, where I want a long life even when shit hurts both physically and emotionally. I still feel weak and vulnerable at times. Routine helps. Sometimes dark humor and inside jokes with myself help. When feel like I'm running on empty, I keep walking. When I can't keep walking, I take a day or a partial day to rest.

Keep moving. Find the cool parts of your movie. You can do it.
Heartfelt hugs.

Please seek help irl. We can only do so much.

I've known your pain for over 45 years. When you're at the bottom, everything that comes your way is special.

You have many special events in your future; a lifetime of special events.

Life isn't perfect, we're not perfect, but everything that the future holds for you, is perfect for you.

Hang in there, walk away from the people that have hurt you and look after yourself. You'll connect at the right time.

I want to end my life but what keeps me going is knowing I would upset my family even as complicated as relationship I had with them I wouldn’t want to know their suffering but some days it feels so easy.
You are thinking very clearly about this part. It can be very hard to lose a loved one but to lose them to suicide is an entirely different level of crushing.
You aren't alone. Please reach out for help.
And continue talking to the people here. Even that is a good start and if you'll keep talking, we'll be here to listen and to care.
You matter!

You beat STOMACH CANCER...that means you're supposed to survive, it means you're not done yet even if emotionally you might feel that way sometimes.
Hope you find a new path that provides you with better tools for this living business.

Cheers, mate.

You've got this! Hold on for one more day.

I've been there. It's a stomach-churning, dark and dreary place.

The good news, is that you can beat it. I did, by looking around my life and recognizing all the blessings I had taken for granted. Even though loneliness has had me by the throat, I looked at my beautiful home, my cherished fur-babies, and although my family was scattered over thousands of miles, they were still here for me to lean on, and still needed my love as much as I needed theirs. I had so much more to be grateful for than millions of people on this planet could even imagine, and I was feeling sorry for myself because I was lonely? Pshaw. Look for blessings and you will see them; you've survived cancer, and I can only imagine how much courage that took.

Like others, I urge you to speak to a professional, who can ascertain if antidepressents and/or therapy could improve your quality of life. I wish you the very best. *hugs*

You matter and would be missed. You matter. Reach out to a professional who can help you/

I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. Reach out to me, @DreamsAndNightmares.

It may not seem like it, but you are important to the world. It will not be improved by your passing. And whether you know it or not, whether you believe it or not, there are people who want you to still be around.

Stay with us. Stay with the living.

I've been in the same dark hole you're in now. Echo what others have said about reaching out to someone who can help.

Try to change your mindset and if possible distance yourself from negative people. Self care is necessary and not selfish.

Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life is group on facebook I follow with postive messaging and I really enjoy. Maybe try finding groups who share your current dilemma. You're definitely not alone. Godspeed

I know you've probably heard this before but suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem...you said yourself, you have good days and bad days, focus on the good days and get help ASAP...please see a Dr. who specializes in mental problems...

Hello.

I am in no position to give personal advice, so I shan't.

I have often regretted being born.

I have even thought about ending it.

I think that human beings are dreadful creatures.

But I no longer have to worry.

I am now 85 years old, so ...

a. Some people say that the best antidote for depression is WORK. It gives one's life structure and meaning.

b. If you get a chance, read a book called Chatter by the psychologist Ethan Kross. He claims that one can come up with better solutions to one's life if one speaks to oneself in the second or third person.

Best wishes!

Yes, some days it’s terribly hard, and the entire world can seem ungrateful and even oblivious. Sounds as if you have beaten the stomach cancer, though, and football season is just around the corner. And there are good people out there, including right here at Debate Politics, who care about your well-being and even some who are actively praying for you. I hope that when you read this, you’re enjoying a sunny day rather than a dark one. Don’t hold it all inside; talk to someone you can trust.

Some people are cold-hearted and will definitely take advantage of a kind and thoughtful person like you. You can't change them, but you can distance yourself from any cold, negative or toxic people.

I suggest you yourself have a change of heart. Don't let these people affect you like this, cut them loose. You're letting a gray cloud of negativity hang over your head because of them, and that is part of what is bringing you down.

Stop thinking about the past, it's over, nothing you can do about it now. Cherish your moments every single day in the present. Let a crack of that positive sunshine into your future, you can do it when you decide you want to. I'm very happy you survived cancer, that right there is something to be thankful for. I have lost a couple of close relatives to the disease, and it's a nasty way to leave this world.

I'm not a therapist, but I want you to try and change your attitude. Things will brighten up in your future if you start the ball rolling. Don't wait until tomorrow, you can start making the change right now. You can do it, there are people who care and want you to be happy and succeed. Sending warm thoughts and positive vibes your way. ☮️

I appreciate everyone here . People I wouldnt know a leaf on the ground to feel as family for years. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and kind words. I’ve told these people how I’ve felt, how used I felt and they treat me as if I’m just whining, it’s sad how you have to push away these people in your life who you think were friends or lovers. Just lately I take long walks at night and just take in the beauty of the night lights and stars and I think of everything I’ll miss out on and it gives me some will to keep going. I’ve talked to doctors, I’ve been out on meds for anxiety, they help some days but even when taking my normal meds for the stomach cancer I still have this burden and sadness like something missing. But I appreciate everyone here I really do

I appreciate everyone here . People I wouldnt know a leaf on the ground to feel as family for years. I appreciate everyone’s thoughts and kind words. I’ve told these people how I’ve felt, how used I felt and they treat me as if I’m just whining, it’s sad how you have to push away these people in your life who you think were friends or lovers. Just lately I take long walks at night and just take in the beauty of the night lights and stars and I think of everything I’ll miss out on and it gives me some will to keep going. I’ve talked to doctors, I’ve been out on meds for anxiety, they help some days but even when taking my normal meds for the stomach cancer I still have this burden and sadness like something missing. But I appreciate everyone here I really do

We can't change the nature of people when they put themselves first, we have to do the same for ourselves. Once you learn to love yourself, then you'll know how to care properly for others. Sometimes, it's simply not all sunshine and rainbows, love can be tough. But life is worth the effort. :)

Back
Top Bottom