• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I don't know what to title this....

there is a fine line between appearing to be into them and being a stalker

Ain't that the truth. And I also think it's the perception thing. I hooked up with a dude once, really liked him and waited the obligatory 3 days to call him (was a Wednesday) and didn't hear from him. Waited another two days to call him and give it one more shot since the weekend was coming and heard from my buddies on Saturday night that he thought I was stalking him.

But then my partner of 9 years now and I hooked up one night and I came home two days later to see him sitting on my front porch waiting for me. And I was totally stoked that he was there and showed that much interest. It's all perception, I think.

Guide to men
1.food
2.Sex
3.Guy time or alone time
4. Dont Nag
5.Tell him what you want- literally ( He aint your girlfriend he wont know bout those feelings)

Has it really become so negatively stigmatized if a woman pursues a man?

Well yeah, I as well. The only problem is that women, just like men, can also get caught up in that trap as to whether it's about the other person or themselves.

Men have always battled with the thrill of the hunt vs. the thrill of the c*nt. How much greater is the tail when it's pursued rather than given?

I remember back in the day when I thought this was exclusive to our gender.

The "chase" is a pain in the ass and is a burden on the wallet, so of course women arent going to chase.

That is bull****. It may apply to some, but not all. The original question (my question) is a little deeper than who is buying dinner.

Please.

That is bull****. It may apply to some, but not all. The original question (my question) is a little deeper than who is buying dinner.

Please.

Your post made me realize something sad. It is sad when as a guy I have to say I want to be old fashioned in paying for the first dates.

Your post made me realize something sad. It is sad when as a guy I have to say I want to be old fashioned in paying for the first dates.

There isn't any formal rules any more. If a man wants to buy me dinner (on a date), that's cool with me. I'm not the kind of woman that expects that, however. Hell.. I have no issues buying dinner, movie, whatever. I support myself in every way, so I have no issues paying for squat.

That's not to say that it isn't nice being 'treated' every once in awhile.. it certainly isn't expected however. :)

Please.

Im making an overall point that men have to do more or less all of the leg work when it comes to getting into a relationship.

There isn't any formal rules any more. If a man wants to buy me dinner (on a date), that's cool with me. I'm not the kind of woman that expects that, however. Hell.. I have no issues buying dinner, movie, whatever. I support myself in every way, so I have no issues paying for squat.

That's not to say that it isn't nice being 'treated' every once in awhile.. it certainly isn't expected however. :)

I was just talking about on the first date. If I were to ask a girl out on the first date I would feel since it was my invitation that I need to pay for it. Maybe I am just old school, but I sort of like it.

I was just talking about on the first date. If I were to ask a girl out on the first date I would feel since it was my invitation that I need to pay for it. Maybe I am just old school, but I sort of like it.

Nothing wrong with that. If I ask a man out on a 'first date', I would do the same. :)

If I ask a man out on a 'first date', I would do the same.

I've seen tons of anecdotal hypotheticals to this nature, and have yet to see it brought into practice.

I assume it's the type of situation where the chances of fruition are so slim that you can just claim that you would do it, knowing that crunch time would never happen.

Kinda like if I say "if I ever win the lotto, I'll give lots and lots of money to sick children". I'll probably never be called on it.

I've seen tons of anecdotal hypotheticals to this nature, and have yet to see it brought into practice.

I assume it's the type of situation where the chances of fruition are so slim that you can just claim that you would do it, knowing that crunch time would never happen.

Kinda like if I say "if I ever win the lotto, I'll give lots and lots of money to sick children". I'll probably never be called on it.

Don't get bent because no woman has asked you out on a date.

Don't get bent because no woman has asked you out on a date.

TGND, lets go on a date. I have a date tree outside my house and I think its big enough that we can both stand on it at the same time.

TGND, lets go on a date. I have a date tree outside my house and I think its big enough that we can both stand on it at the same time.

Look here Boris... you are a smart ass. Dates are nasty looking too. Bleh.

A date tree :confused:

05%20Date%20palm%20tree.jpg

Back
Top Bottom