• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Don't Care What Your Faith Or Spirituality Happens To Be.......You Have ToLove This

Re: Very Typical Red State Palaver

And Muslims can sexually mutilate young girls so not to enjoy sex and liberals say nothing and defend them every chance they have

It's her body and she can.....opps

Plus the Muslims don't have their very own TV show!

And Muslims can sexually mutilate young girls so not to enjoy sex and liberals say nothing and defend them every chance they have

nonsense. I know a lot of liberals, and none of them defend radical Muslims. In fact, most liberals are goddless atheists who despise all foolish religious nonsense. Ann Coulter said so.

Liar.

What a really stupid statement.

It's her body and she can.....opps

Plus the Muslims don't have their very own TV show!

They did but it got cancelled I think after advertisers fled from TLC. It was called "All-American Muslims" and focused on a Muslim community in Michigan.

Re: I Don't Care What Your Faith Or Spirituality Happens To Be.......You Have ToLove

I guess mainly because I didn't know there was a prohibitive rule covering that eventuality. If there's ever been a story which deserved revelation in two forums.....political and religion, this has to be the one. I suppose one has to go to India to find other folks foolish enough to mess around with poisonous snakes:

1324401274-a-snake-charmer-entertaining-passersby-in-hyderabad_975959.jpg

king-cobra-india.jpg
circus-act-625x450.jpg

Last edited:

The made a reality show out of people diving into pools. They made a reality show about the amish. At least this seems to have some sort of excitement associated with it. I do not get reality TV, but there are obviously much more boring things to watch. I don't get why people even have cable anymore, but they are paying for it so they should get it.

Re: I Don't Care What Your Faith Or Spirituality Happens To Be.......You Have ToLove

That's a very good question WCH.

My thoughts "why" are this......

I'm a newbie here but digging around through the threads I've noticed there is much to do over those religious practices that are outside the mainstream and often an effort by several here to attempt to paint all Christians with the same brush. What I didn't find a whole lot of were threads pointing out all the good the Christian community does for society. The hungry they feed, the poor they help clothe, the visitation of those in prisons and hospitals that have been forgotten. The shelters and soup kitchens they open up to all in need that are funded through personal donations and worked by those giving of their own time without pay. The clinics for the sick run by Christian doctors, dentists, and nurses that freely donate hours each week to help the needy or counseling for drug addicts and drunks. Nope you don't here about them in the MSM but let there be something weird and it makes front page news and series on television or it's own special thread on a chat forum.

Last edited:

I'm a newbie here but digging around through the threads I've noticed there is much to do over those religious practices that are outside the mainstream and often an effort by several here to attempt to paint all Christians with the same brush. What I didn't find a whole lot of were threads pointing out all the good the Christian community does for society. The hungry they feed, the poor they help clothe, the visitation of those in prisons and hospitals that have been forgotten. The shelters and soup kitchens they open up to all in need that are funded through personal donations and worked by those giving of their own time without pay. The clinics for the sick run by Christian doctors, dentists, and nurses that freely donate hours each week to help the needy or counseling for drug addicts and drunks. Nope you don't here about them in the MSM but let there be something weird and it makes front page news and series on television or it's own special thread on a chat forum.

Sadly, that seems to be very true.

Campbell has created two threads on this snake-handling; the other thread is in the Religion forum. And a noob named Vesper has posted such a nice response that I'm reposting it here:

I'm a newbie here but digging around through the threads I've noticed there is much to do over those religious practices that are outside the mainstream and often an effort by several here to attempt to paint all Christians with the same brush. What I didn't find a whole lot of were threads pointing out all the good the Christian community does for society. The hungry they feed, the poor they help clothe, the visitation of those in prisons and hospitals that have been forgotten. The shelters and soup kitchens they open up to all in need that are funded through personal donations and worked by those giving of their own time without pay. The clinics for the sick run by Christian doctors, dentists, and nurses that freely donate hours each week to help the needy or counseling for drug addicts and drunks. Nope you don't here about them in the MSM but let there be something weird and it makes front page news and series on television or it's own special thread on a chat forum. http://www.debatepolitics.com/relig...ith-spirituality-happens-you-have-tolove.html

seriously, just don't bother posting. Obviously false inflammatory statements like this have no purpose but to create drama, go be a queen elsewhere.

Remember that Anne Murray song wondering if there's any good news out there?

I was raised in a very very fundamentalist church. I never went to a sermon where they handled snakes. I have been to other chruchs that the congregation handles snakes but on other nights. These people were rare back then and probaly even less common now. My chruch certainly wasnt mainstream and the snake handling churchs even less so.

Last edited:

If I wanted to paint all Christians with the same brush I would ask them how they got off by believing a 2000 year old fairy tale which was going to give them a reward after they die while at the same time assuring them that because I didn't believe their fairy tale I would do an eternal roast on the Jesus' rotisserie.

My dad has a pretty funny story. He and his brother were in town chatting up these two hotties they met. The girls invited them to come to church with them and it was one of those fire and brimstone churches. They were like whatever, and then out comes the rattle snakes and they were jumping pews to get the heck out of there. He said there was a point at which he thought the church was going to have two new doors because they were crashing into everything at full speed to get the heck out of that building.

Campbell has created two threads on this snake-
handling; the other thread is in the Religion forum. And a noob named Vesper has posted such a nice response that I'm reposting it here:

I'm a newbie here but digging around through the threads I've noticed there is much to do over those religious practices that are outside the mainstream and often an effort by several here to attempt to paint all Christians with the same brush. What I didn't find a whole lot of were threads pointing out all the good the Christian community does for society. The hungry they feed, the poor they help clothe, the visitation of those in prisons and hospitals that have been forgotten. The shelters and soup kitchens they open up to all in need that are funded through personal donations and worked by those giving of their own time without pay. The clinics for the sick run by Christian doctors, dentists, and nurses that freely donate hours each week to help the needy or counseling for drug addicts and drunks. Nope you don't here about them in the MSM but let there be something weird and it makes front page news and series on television or it's own special thread on a chat forum. http://www.debatepolitics.com/relig...ith-spirituality-happens-you-have-tolove.html

Campbell can't focus on the positive, it would destroy his narrative.

Why are you linking conservatism to religion you can be atheist and conservative.

They did but it got cancelled I think after advertisers fled from TLC. It was called "All-American Muslims" and focused on a Muslim community in Michigan.

Did they do genital mutilation right on the kitchen table?? ;)

Back
Top Bottom