• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I Don't Care What Your Faith Or Spirituality Happens To Be.......You Have ToLove This

Re: I Don't Care What Your Faith Or Spirituality Happens To Be.......You Have ToLove

Then how in the name of goodness can you deny that according to the writings of ignorant primitives who believed in witches and thought the earth was flat that I am condemned to eternal hell fire?

In the Western world everyone has someone who thinks they are going to Hell no matter how godly they are. Some of them for me are in my own family. It doesn't bother me a bit.

Scripture only has the meaning that believers think it has, so quoting scripture out of context of its interpretation by the faithful is misleading. This goes for Muslims and others, also.

Re: Very Typical Red State Palaver

I found this:

Snake handling is a rare activity practiced by a small number of Pentecostal congregations on the basis on Mark 16:17-18. Practitioners believe snake handling is a demonstration of their faith in God.

While advocates of snake handling come out of Pentecostal churches, no major Christian denomination, Pentecostal or otherwise, supports the practice.

...Congregations where snake handling occurs tend to be very small. Snake handlers have reportedly been bitten on numerous occasions. Some have even died. Notably, in 1998, evangelist John Wayne Brown, died after being bitten while handling a snake in an Alabama church. His wife also died from a snake bite. Snake Handling - ReligionFacts

I don't intend to be disrespectful here, but when I read that congregations that snake-handle tend to be very small, I thought, "I'll bet!!"

Personally believing that load of biblical horse **** is no different from the rest of it. The question is, "Why Does Anyone Believe A 2000 Year Old Tale Written By Ignorant Primitives Who Believed In Witches And Thought The Earth Was Flat?

Re: I Don't Care What Your Faith Or Spirituality Happens To Be.......You Have ToLove

That's a very good question WCH.

My thoughts "why" are this......

I'm a newbie here but digging around through the threads I've noticed there is much to do over those religious practices that are outside the mainstream and often an effort by several here to attempt to paint all Christians with the same brush. What I didn't find a whole lot of were threads pointing out all the good the Christian community does for society. The hungry they feed, the poor they help clothe, the visitation of those in prisons and hospitals that have been forgotten. The shelters and soup kitchens they open up to all in need that are funded through personal donations and worked by those giving of their own time without pay. The clinics for the sick run by Christian doctors, dentists, and nurses that freely donate hours each week to help the needy or counseling for drug addicts and drunks. Nope you don't here about them in the MSM but let there be something weird and it makes front page news and series on television or it's own special thread on a chat forum.

This response reminds me a lot of a Chris Rock routine I've heard:

Chris Rock said:
You know the worst thing about niggas? Niggas always want credit for some **** they supposed to do. A nigga will brag about some **** a normal man just does. A nigga will say some **** like, "I take care of my kids." You're supposed to, you dumb mother****er! What kind of ignorant **** is that? "I ain't never been to jail!" What do you want, a cookie?! You're not supposed to go to jail, you low-expectation-having mother****er!

The simple point is this, Christians behaving the way Christians are supposed to behave isn't really all that newsworthy.

Also, it isn't like non-Christians, or even the non-religious, don't do those same exact things.

Should the MSM make a big deal about atheists or Jews who work in soup kitchens or counsel recovering drug addicts?

Every once in a while as a "feel good" piece on the local news, sure, but I don't think we need 60 Minutes doing deep investigative reporting on decent people doing what decent people should do.

However, when people, or organizations, that ostensibly should be Christ-like in their behavior go off the reservation and behave in ways that are hypocritical, unethical, dangerous, and even outright criminal, then that's news.

I'm a newbie here but digging around through the threads I've noticed there is much to do over those religious practices that are outside the mainstream and often an effort by several here to attempt to paint all Christians with the same brush.
Forgive my scepticism, but I'm really not sure that your comments are entirely ingenuous. I just went through the entire Religion sub-forum from page 1 - 10 and there doesn't appear to be many threads about specific non-mainstream Christian practices. There's one on page 4 about the Westboro bunch and predestination, there's a couple on Mormonism and a couple on predestination in Calvinism, although I think you could call that a fairly mainstream issue. So, what exactly are you complaining about and can you give us some examples of this over-concentration on non-mainstream Christian practices that you are talking about?

As far as not trumpeting the good stuff, well isn't there some blessing in being meek? I'm not aware that all the people from all faiths and belief systems who toil for the benefit of others are always given the credit they deserve either. What is special about those that make sacrifices in the name of Christ? Are they especially deserving of praise?

It's her body and she can.....opps

Plus the Muslims don't have their very own TV show!

Not yet they don't.

This response reminds me a lot of a Chris Rock routine I've heard:

The simple point is this, Christians behaving the way Christians are supposed to behave isn't really all that newsworthy.

Also, it isn't like non-Christians, or even the non-religious, don't do those same exact things.

Should the MSM make a big deal about atheists or Jews who work in soup kitchens or counsel recovering drug addicts?

Every once in a while as a "feel good" piece on the local news, sure, but I don't think we need 60 Minutes doing deep investigative reporting on decent people doing what decent people should do.

However, when people, or organizations, that ostensibly should be Christ-like in their behavior go off the reservation and behave in ways that are hypocritical, unethical, dangerous, and even outright criminal, then that's news.

My post was civil. It was an honest observation and you are going to compare that to a rant by Chris Rock?
Well that certainly shines a light on who I am conversing with and why you seem to have a problem with what I stated.

Forgive my scepticism, but I'm really not sure that your comments are entirely ingenuous. I just went through the entire Religion sub-forum from page 1 - 10 and there doesn't appear to be many threads about specific non-mainstream Christian practices. There's one on page 4 about the Westboro bunch and predestination, there's a couple on Mormonism and a couple on predestination in Calvinism, although I think you could call that a fairly mainstream issue. So, what exactly are you complaining about and can you give us some examples of this over-concentration on non-mainstream Christian practices that you are talking about?

As far as not trumpeting the good stuff, well isn't there some blessing in being meek? I'm not aware that all the people from all faiths and belief systems who toil for the benefit of others are always given the credit they deserve either. What is special about those that make sacrifices in the name of Christ? Are they especially deserving of praise?

Whether you believe my comments were ingenious or not makes no difference. I shared what I observed digging through the threads. There's a group here that are quite intolerant of those who share in the Christian faith. The forums discussing religion are riddled with such posts. But this is peanuts compared to what is being done in the MSM against people of faith. They like to focus on those who stumble or paint all Christians in a most unbecoming light over any off the wall or salacious incidents.
There is a lack of respect and intolerance growing among a certain group against these people . They are usually those who demand tolerance of any behavior without consequences while setting double standards for themselves not to be tolerant of those who disagree with them.

Last edited:

Whether you believe my comments were ingenious or not makes no difference. I shared what I observed digging through the threads. There's a group here that are quite intolerant of those who share in the Christian faith.
I didn't say 'ingenious' but 'ingenuous'. Quite a difference. But if you're looking for intolerance here, you'll find it in spades about virtually every ideology, religion or philosophical viewpoint. Can you honestly say that there's something peculiarly persecuted in the Christian faith? Without too much effort you'll find people castigating Christians and Moslems, and Atheists, and Jews, and Communists, and Libertarians, Liberals, Conservatives, Mormons, Buddhists and Catholics.
The forums discussing religion are riddled with such posts. But this is peanuts compared to what is being done in the MSM against people of faith.
That's true, but Christians are far, far from being the only people of faith getting it in the neck. I suspect you see only the attacks on Christians because you are a Christian. Do you honestly believe that in comparison with, say Atheists or Moslems, Christians are receiving a harsher deal? I don't think so.

And I can find a bunch of gold toothed doo rag wearing gang bangers that live in **** holes like detroit and chicago that vote straight democrat, what's your point?

I wonder how he knows how these people voted, if at all.

I didn't say 'ingenious' but 'ingenuous'. Quite a difference. But if you're looking for intolerance here, you'll find it in spades about virtually every ideology, religion or philosophical viewpoint. Can you honestly say that there's something peculiarly persecuted in the Christian faith? Without too much effort you'll find people castigating Christians and Moslems, and Atheists, and Jews, and Communists, and Libertarians, Liberals, Conservatives, Mormons, Buddhists and Catholics. That's true, but Christians are far, far from being the only people of faith getting it in the neck. I suspect you see only the attacks on Christians because you are a Christian. Do you honestly believe that in comparison with, say Atheists or Moslems, Christians are receiving a harsher deal? I don't think so.

thank you for pointing out my spelling error. :) But as far as your comments go Communism, Libertarians, Liberals, Conservatives do not rate as religions. Although leftists do tend to look to the Federal Government for all their needs like other religious organizations seek the same from a higher power. :)
I do not see the MSM holding the same great standard they do to Christians being applied to Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs etc. But I have seen an increase in anti-Semitism in the MSM. The only place I see anti-Muslim rhetoric is in fringe publications yet at the same time the MSM often is unwilling to call those Muslims who are terrorists, terrorists! They whitewash it.

thank you for pointing out my spelling error. :) But as far as your comments go Communism, Libertarians, Liberals, Conservatives do not rate as religions.
Which is why I said: "every ideology, religion or philosophical viewpoint". I don't think there's much difference between castigating one for political, religious or philosophical reasons. Do you?

Although leftists do tend to look to the Federal Government for all their needs like other religious organizations seek the same from a higher power.
I guess I have to accept that that's the way you see things. I suspect you don't know many leftists however, as that's an attitude I'm unfamiliar with. Most leftists I know have very little faith in central government.

I do not see the MSM holding the same great standard they do to Christians being applied to Muslims, Buddhists, Hindus, Sikhs etc.
That may have more to do with your limited vision that with reality.
But I have seen an increase in anti-Semitism in the MSM.
You've got some clear examples to quote and share?

The only place I see anti-Muslim rhetoric is in fringe publications yet at the same time the MSM often is unwilling to call those Muslims who are terrorists, terrorists! They whitewash it.
You think of talk radio and Fox as 'fringe publications'? They seem to level the terrorist charge at frequent intervals, sometimes merited, often not.

Which is why I said: "every ideology, religion or philosophical viewpoint". I don't think there's much difference between castigating one for political, religious or philosophical reasons. Do you?

I guess I have to accept that that's the way you see things. I suspect you don't know many leftists however, as that's an attitude I'm unfamiliar with. Most leftists I know have very little faith in central government.

That may have more to do with your limited vision that with reality.

I have limited vision? Really? I was just thinking as I read your post that you appear to be a bit nearsighted, myopic.
As far as leftists go, they fall into different camps but in general they have many things in common.
They tend to be control freaks. They like to control what you say and how you say it and has earned them the pet name "Thought Police". They are the masterminds behind Political Correctness. A tool they use to censor others they do not agree with. They like to tell you what to eat and drink earning the title "Food Nazis" by some. Whether it be the academia leftist or the welfare leftist, they have little regard for upholding the liberties/freedoms for all,....they are only interested in their own agenda and don't care if they trample the rights of others to get it. Quite a selfish lot. They have little regard for the Constitution and have been trying to change it for the past 100 years. They have double standards, one they expect everyone else to live up to while the standard they hold themselves to lacks any personal responsibility.

The left leaning media operates the same way. Instead of just reporting the news, they pick and choose what stories they will cover. If a story isn't favorable to their political leanings, they just don't cover it. Their bias has been proved over and over through their lack of coverage of certain stories once again leaving many ignorant.

It is the leftist that loves big government for by increasing the power of the Federal government, they deny the powers that should be the States allowing these control freaks to force all to adhere to their agenda instead of allowing each state to decide for themselves at the ballot box.

I have limited vision? Really? I was just thinking as I read your post that you appear to be a bit nearsighted, myopic.
As far as leftists go, they fall into different camps but in general they have many things in common.
They tend to be control freaks. They like to control what you say and how you say it and has earned them the pet name "Thought Police". They are the masterminds behind Political Correctness. A tool they use to censor others they do not agree with. They like to tell you what to eat and drink earning the title "Food Nazis" by some. Whether it be the academia leftist or the welfare leftist, they have little regard for upholding the liberties/freedoms for all,....they are only interested in their own agenda and don't care if they trample the rights of others to get it. Quite a selfish lot. They have little regard for the Constitution and have been trying to change it for the past 100 years. They have double standards, one they expect everyone else to live up to while the standard they hold themselves to lacks any personal responsibility.

The left leaning media operates the same way. Instead of just reporting the news, they pick and choose what stories they will cover. If a story isn't favorable to their political leanings, they just don't cover it. Their bias has been proved over and over through their lack of coverage of certain stories once again leaving many ignorant.

It is the leftist that loves big government for by increasing the power of the Federal government, they deny the powers that should be the States allowing these control freaks to force all to adhere to their agenda instead of allowing each state to decide for themselves at the ballot box.

I'm so pleased you were able to dispel our notions about the limitations of your vision.

To say that snake handling is "very typical" of red states is a lie. Snake handling congregations are very rare -- only 5 such congregations are known in the entire USA. Several red states have passed laws forbidding the practice.

I guess in those states the persecuted Christians have to meet in the woods to handle their rattlers. The whole bible is a fabrication unequaled in the history of mankind. I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself:

Mark 16:18 - They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mark 16:17-18 - And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 16:9-20 - Now when [Jesus] was risen early the first [day] of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Matthew 25:41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Thessalonians 4:

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

It doesn't get any better than that. The Christians are going to meet their ghost pal floating on a cloud and fly off to paradise on gossamer wings to live in bliss forever while the rest of us......literally 10s of billions will be burning and screaming and suffering forever.

When I get to hell(wink wink) I'm gonna have a real party with all my old friends.

Last edited:

I guess in those states the persecuted Christians have to meet in the woods to handle their rattlers. The whole bible is a fabrication unequaled in the history of mankind. I'm a Jack and the Beanstalk man myself:

Mark 16:18 - They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Mark 16:17-18 - And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Mark 16:9-20 - Now when [Jesus] was risen early the first [day] of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

Matthew 25:41 - Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Revelation 21:8 - But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

1 Thessalonians 4:

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

It doesn't get any better than that. The Christians are going to meet their ghost pal floating on a cloud and fly off to paradise on gossamer wings to live in bliss forever while the rest of us......literally 10s of billions will be burning and screaming and suffering forever.

When I get to hell(wink wink) I'm gonna have a real party with all my old friends.

We'll all find out what happens soon enough.

We'll all find out what happens soon enough.

Whatever it is we'll all have an even shot at it. Some ignorant, sheep herding, primitive with a developing imagination's dream will have nothing to do with it. Take that to the bank.

My post was civil. It was an honest observation and you are going to compare that to a rant by Chris Rock?
Well that certainly shines a light on who I am conversing with and why you seem to have a problem with what I stated.

I don't "have a problem" with what you stated.

I happen to agree with what you stated.

That doesn't change the fact that Christians acting like decent people is no more "newsworthy" than anyone else behaving like decent people.

Back
Top Bottom