• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I dont agree with the Supreme Court, but they have a point...

Right, let's look shall we?

Post#682, you said:

In Post#417 I said:
"So if the US Constitution were to be replaced, would US citizens no longer be "American" in your mind ?"

So no, I did not say the US Constitution was GOING, to be replaced. I was asking you: IF it were to be, why would US citizens no longer be "American", in your mind ?

So now that your best attempt to wriggle out of your lies has backfired and merely confirmed your dishonesty:

1. Are you going to retract it and apologize
(You talked earlier of being "man enough" - so let's see if you are

2. Answer the damn question abut why US citizens would cease to be "American", were the Constitution to be replaced

And stop LYING !!!

Quote the lie.

Reactions: PoS
I mean, abortion isnt mentioned in the Constitution, so technically it was beyond their scope of responsibilities, right?

What's wrong with giving the decision on it over to the states? This weakens the grip of federal power over the whole country, which is a good thing.

Im pro-choice, btw. Just in case anyone wants to know.
"Anything herein not reserved to the federal government is given to the states or the people." I actually think this is one of those "people powers" that politicians ignore.

Right, let's look shall we?

Post#682, you said:

In Post#417 I said:
"So if the US Constitution were to be replaced, would US citizens no longer be "American" in your mind ?"

So no, I did not say the US Constitution was GOING, to be replaced. I was asking you: IF it were to be, why would US citizens no longer be "American", in your mind ?

So now that your best attempt to wriggle out of your lies has backfired and merely confirmed your dishonesty:

1. Are you going to retract it and apologize
(You talked earlier of being "man enough" - so let's see if you are

2. Answer the damn question abut why US citizens would cease to be "American", were the Constitution to be replaced

And stop LYING !!!
What did I lie about? Quote me.
I said militant. You added terrorism. We see you.
Militants can be terrorists, so its obvious you love extremism. Im not surprised.
"Anything herein not reserved to the federal government is given to the states or the people." I actually think this is one of those "people powers" that politicians ignore.
Well, isnt the state government the people too?

Militants can be terrorists, so its obvious you love extremism. Im not surprised.

Well, isnt the state government the people too?
Yes, but the people and state government in that particular clause are listed out as two separate groups. Otherwise, it would have been "Anything herein not resolved to the federal government is given to the states."

Sort of like if the 2nd Amendment said, "The right to bear cannons, muskets, and rifles shall not be infringed" instead of "bear arms."

I said militant and you added terrorism. Just man up and admit it.

Post#682:
You made up the lie that the Constitution is going to be replaced. Show proof that it will be.

I NEVER said that. The lie was yours
STOP LYING !!!

And take your own advice and be "man enough" to retract and apologize.

Yes, but the people and state government in that particular clause are listed out as two separate groups. Otherwise, it would have been "Anything herein not resolved to the federal government is given to the states."

Sort of like if the 2nd Amendment said, "The right to bear cannons, muskets, and rifles shall not be infringed" instead of "bear arms."

SCOTUS would rule that, that list included Colt 45's.

SCOTUS would rule that, that list included Colt 45's.
It is easy to say that in today's political climate. However, had the Constitution laid out specifics, less would be left up to interpretation. Oh, don't get me wrong, there would still be a National Revolutionary Arms Association :p

Post#682:

I NEVER said that. The lie was yours
STOP LYING !!!

And take your own advice and be "man enough" to retract and apologize.
That was your quote, not mine. So you did lie. Thanks for admitting it.

I said militant and you added terrorism. Just man up and admit it.
You love terrorists. Just man up and admit it.

It is easy to say that in today's political climate. However, had the Constitution laid out specifics, less would be left up to interpretation. Oh, don't get me wrong, there would still be a National Revolutionary Arms Association :p

Yes you're right, but then an ambiguous style is a trait of the Constitution.

That was your quote, not mine. So you did lie. Thanks for admitting it.

You lie again

Post#682:
You made up the lie that the Constitution is going to be replaced. Show proof that it will be.

That is YOUR quote and I never said that. The lie was yours
STOP LYING !!!

Back
Top Bottom