• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I dont agree with the Supreme Court, but they have a point...

Yeah, because we had tons of space ships in 1787 (those aren't in the constitution either, by the way).
No spaceships, but lots of industry. The cities of Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and, to a lesser extent, Baltimore, and the satellites of each became leading industrial manufacturing centers, and other industrial centers emerged shortly after the 1780s and into the 1860s. This period in US history is also known as the "industrial age."

The US has never been an agrarian society. This is where an actual education would have served you better than your very obvious leftist indoctrination.

No spaceships, but lots of industry. The cities of Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and, to a lesser extent, Baltimore, and the satellites of each became leading industrial manufacturing centers, and other industrial centers emerged shortly after the 1780s and into the 1860s. This period in US history is also known as the "industrial age."

The US has never been an agrarian society. This is where an actual education would have served you better than your very obvious leftist indoctrination.
Where is "industry" in the Constitution?

The Revolution was fought in 1776. Not in 1860

No, they cannot. The federal government may not have anything to do with abortion in any regard. The federal government is specifically prohibited from doing anything with regard to abortion by the Tenth Amendment because they lack the constitutional authority. As the Supreme Court already held, only the States have the constitutional authority to regulate abortion, not the federal government.
It's called declaration of a National emergency...your buddy started that one...and federal land belongs to the federal government....the states cannot regulate jack **** on federal land

It's called declaration of a National emergency...
No, it is not.

your buddy started that one...and federal land belongs to the federal government....the states cannot regulate jack **** on federal land
Federal land belongs to the people, and in many cases subject to State regulations. Fishing and hunting on federal lands, for example, must abide by State hunting regulations.

And the right to taking a life predates privacy.
The right to life is one of three "unalienable" rights specifically named in the Declaration of Independence. Which makes abortion the antithesis to the founding principles of the nation that was established to preserve life.

The right to life is one of three "unalienable" rights specifically named in the Declaration of Independence. Which makes abortion the antithesis to the founding principles of the nation that was established to preserve life.

I'm not sold on that, although I supported abortion returning to the States. Here's the deal; the inner city women is the most common recipient of abortions. Do you really think it's wise to force these women to keep having babies they can't afford to care for that will end up being raised by the streets ? Limiting populations in poor, impoverished areas is a benefit for everyone in society.

I'm not sold on that, although I supported abortion returning to the States. Here's the deal; the inner city Black woman is the most common recipient of abortions. Do you really think it's wise to force these women to keep having babies they can't afford to care for that will end up being raised by the streets ? Limiting populations in poor, impoverished areas is a benefit for everyone in society.
I'm not "selling" anything. I'm merely stating plain irrefutable fact. The founding principles of the United States can be found within the Declaration of Independence. Wherein it states: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Preserving those three specifically named "unalienable rights" and equality for everyone is the basis on which the US exists. It has absolutely nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin, their gender, or their financial capabilities.

And the right to taking a life predates privacy.

The US Constituion does not see abortion as taking a life.

In fact the closest the Constituion comes to a declaration on what life is implicates a a fetus is not life.

The Constitution doesn't say anything about abortion: which makes it a State Right.
people like to say this like it's so cut and dry but i could say the same thing about rape

is rape a state right or is there MORE to it and its not so simple as just saying "The Constitution doesn't say anything about <insert issue here>

The Constitution doesn't say anything about abortion: which makes it a State Right.

The Constituion doesn't say you have a right to privacy either, but the federal government still protects it.

The idea that the best solution is letting the states decide is foolish.

people like to say this like it's so cut and dry but i could say the same thing about rape

is rape a state right or is there MORE to it and its not so simple as just saying "The Constitution doesn't say anything about <insert issue here>

Rape, even without federal intervention, is illegal in every single State statue.

Rape, even without federal intervention, is illegal in every single State statue.
nice dodge but nothing you just said changes anything that i said LMAO

once again:
people like to say ""The Constitution doesn't say anything about <insert issue here" like it's so cut and dry but i could say the same thing about rape

is rape a state right or is there MORE to it and its not so simple as just saying "The Constitution doesn't say anything about <insert issue here>?

It absolutely would the vast majority are for allowing abortion up to a certain gestation...most of the time viability.
Hey, Im pro-abortion so you have my support.

Neither is "industrialization," so going by your logic the United States should have remained a completely agrarian society.
What a stupid response. Are people looking to ban industrialization?

What a stupid response. Are people looking to ban industrialization?
Not that it's relevant but...yeah, actually. So based on your logic industrialization is unconstitutional.

nice dodge but nothing you just said changes anything that i said LMAO

once again:
people like to say ""The Constitution doesn't say anything about <insert issue here" like it's so cut and dry but i could say the same thing about rape

is rape a state right or is there MORE to it and its not so simple as just saying "The Constitution doesn't say anything about <insert issue here>?

Are you saying that unless the Constitution outlaws an activity, it is constitutional, by default ?

Are you saying that unless the Constitution outlaws an activity, it is constitutional, by default ?
LMAO dodge noted
"I" didnt say anything i pointed out the reality of a statement that was made by another and "i" asked a question, feel free to answer

this statement was made:

then i stated this

let me know!

It's under control of the federal government. The majority of the people believe abortion should be legal
No, it is not.

Federal land belongs to the people, and in many cases subject to State regulations. Fishing and hunting on federal lands, for example, must abide by State hunting regulations.

It's under control of the federal government. The majority of the people believe abortion should be legal
You have been repeatedly demonstrated to be completely wrong numerous times. Yet you continue to repeat your mistakes like a broken record. It certainly explains why you know so little.

Get an education and get a clue, because your leftist indoctrination is showing once again.

Not that it's relevant but...yeah, actually. So based on your logic industrialization is unconstitutional.
Nope, your logic is moronic and always has been.

Nope, your logic is moronic and always has been.
Dude, you're obviously unable to deal with the problem in your reasoning. The reason why your only response is "that's stupid" is because you know you're wrong and you can't defend your position against the most obvious rebuttal to it.

Dude, you're obviously unable to deal with the problem in your reasoning. The reason why your only response is "that's stupid" is because you know you're wrong and you can't defend your position against the most obvious rebuttal to it.
The only logic youve demonstrated is a lack of it. Try again.

Back
Top Bottom