• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

"I don’t think you can choose a president based on their personal behavior[...]"

That's for sure. They defended President Obama to the hilt when he went on camera to lie and lie and lie and lie again to the American people to garner support for Obamacare. They didn't question him and defended him when he and his Secretary of State--that would be Hillary of course--and his U.N. ambassador, Susan Rice, went on camera again and again and again to blame an offensive video for the attack on our ambassador and staff at Benghazi even when it became apparent they knew better.

That is enough to expose their hypocrisy when it comes to President Trump. We don't even have to go all the way back to President Clinton's administration which was a classic in evaluating Presidential character.

Benghazi was a bunch of odious partisan nonsense drummed up by rabid right wing ideologues to try and smear Obama for something when they could have attacked him for other things.

Benghazi is and always was a non-issue. No one gave a damn about it. It was just a clarion call for tea party morons to cling to during their lunatic meltdown over Obama's presidency.

You can keep them was an outright lie.

Just like practically everything that has come out of the orange **** gibbon's mouth since he decided to sieze on the ignorance of a bereft voter class and claim a New York Billionaire understood life for "average Americans living paycheck to paycheck."

The ****ing mice literally thought the cat was empathetic to their plight.

Laughable.

A Religion is nothing more than a cult that has been around long enough and amassed enough followers that its power makes it difficult to insult with the word cult. Evangelical Christians even more so than many other religions are particularly cult-like in that the focus on the idea of being born again. It's not just that they are proselytized to as children and grow up never questioning what they were told. These are generally people who as adults seek out religious help with their insecurities and problems and find the group think comforting and validating. They literally see themselves as sheep and are happily in search of guidance from their shepherd. This is the exact type of mass ignorance that is responsible for virtually all of the worlds most horrific genocides and tragedies.

This. Born Again Evangelicals indoctrinate children and wilfully engage in foreign support for Israel so they control a portion of Israel proclaimed to be the spot of the final battle between heaven and hell. It's absolutely absurd how much time, money and lives go into this machine.

They are scary cult like.

Laughable nonsense. The conservatives don't progress. They stagnate. Hence the entire ideology.

Both sides do this sort of sordid game of cat and mouse and use the term patriotism or the euphamism "good of the country" to justify their hypocrisy.

At the end of the day, Trump has exposed Evangelicals for the hypocritical liars and crooks they are. Their embrace of this conman to continue the expansion of the rights of an ideology is an odious, hate filled thing to do and they are the last lot that ought to be throwing stones.

Evangelical christians are the single reason we still support Israel like we do. The single reason science is questioned. Why public school is under such assault.

Evangelicals, motivated by Falwell's fahter, are what is principally wrong with this nation.

Wow, do you hate trump? or do you hate evangelicals? Seems you just take your prejudice with that community out on the president.

You don't think it would have been hypocritical of evangelicals to vote for Clinton(and many did to. I know many evangelicals here that were turned off by trump, and didn't vote).

This. Born Again Evangelicals indoctrinate children and wilfully engage in foreign support for Israel so they control a portion of Israel proclaimed to be the spot of the final battle between heaven and hell. It's absolutely absurd how much time, money and lives go into this machine.

They are scary cult like.

Israel is an ally. What's wrong with support? If it were up to me, an evangelical, I'd support all our allies. Israel, Taiwan, Occupied Tibet, the Kurds....i support America and her allies.

Pero, thank you for the “both sides do it “ post. I just need to point out that my side doesn’t have to lie to criticize trump. Your side lied non stop about President Obama. I also need to point out that my side did not flip flop on literally every issue to continue to support President Obama. Your side did. Here’s a quick list of things conservatives have flip flopped on

Debt and Deficits
Presidential Vacations/golf
Acting presidential
Undermining our allies/embolden our enemies
Repealing Obamacare
Investigations into corruption
Adultery
The rule of law

I didn’t have to flush my values and integrity down the toilet to support President Obama. Conservatives did flush their values and integrity down the toilet. So Pero, what you need to do is concentrate on the facts.

Thank you - exactly!!

I can't speak for Democrats. Never joined up, with any party. But as a liberal, I definitely did not discount the fact that Clinton couldn't keep it zipped, and I'm not alone on the left in that regard. I started calling him Mr. Smarmy in 1991, and haven't changed my mind.

I don't know you, so I'll take you at your word for it, but all these democrats who are raging at trump for having affairs when they only defended Bill Clinton have some explaining to do. When did being paragons of morality matter to you?

Israel is an ally. What's wrong with support? If it were up to me, an evangelical, I'd support all our allies. Israel, Taiwan, Occupied Tibet, the Kurds....i support America and her allies.

Israel is not our ally. Evangelicals don't support Israel because of some kushy alliance keeping the muslims at bay. They support israel because of biblical pretexts about the second coming of their zombie savior.

I do not endorse any form of foreign aid until every child in our country is fed, every person is medically insured, and every veteran is housed, fed and clothed. I do not condone sending my tax dollars to kill Arabs in occupied Gaza. How much evangelical money goes to bulldozing Palestinian homesteads? How much goes to bulldzoing schools and building housing for jews?

Pero, thank you for the “both sides do it “ post. I just need to point out that my side doesn’t have to lie to criticize trump. Your side lied non stop about President Obama. I also need to point out that my side did not flip flop on literally every issue to continue to support President Obama. Your side did. Here’s a quick list of things conservatives have flip flopped on

Debt and Deficits
Presidential Vacations/golf
Acting presidential
Undermining our allies/embolden our enemies
Repealing Obamacare
Investigations into corruption
Adultery
The rule of law

I didn’t have to flush my values and integrity down the toilet to support President Obama. Conservatives did flush their values and integrity down the toilet. So Pero, what you need to do is concentrate on the facts.

Bull****. You flipped flopped on immigration to support Obama. Obama was all about border security, and both he and Bill Clinton had similar rhetoric toward immigrants in their day.

To be fair to you though, we all knew, even democrats, that they were never serious about cracking down on immigration so....it's not THAT big of a flip flop, but still. They get a pass on rhetoric, and Trump doesn't.

Israel is not our ally. Evangelicals don't support Israel because of some kushy alliance keeping the muslims at bay. They support israel because of biblical pretexts about the second coming of their zombie savior.

I do not endorse any form of foreign aid until every child in our country is fed, every person is medically insured, and every veteran is housed, fed and clothed. I do not condone sending my tax dollars to kill Arabs in occupied Gaza. How much evangelical money goes to bulldozing Palestinian homesteads? How much goes to bulldzoing schools and building housing for jews?
lol Israel is our ally. Read a book. Also, Gaza isn't occupied. Not a single Israeli lives there.

Building housing for jews, so terrible!

Wow, do you hate trump? or do you hate evangelicals? Seems you just take your prejudice with that community out on the president.

You don't think it would have been hypocritical of evangelicals to vote for Clinton(and many did to. I know many evangelicals here that were turned off by trump, and didn't vote).

I despise Trump because I despise baby boomers. Selfish, greedy, self centered and vain human beings that squandered the wealth of this nation and left it a decimated shadow of its former self for their id appeasing enjoyment and pet projects.

I despise evangelicals because I despise religious indoctrination and injection of faith into legislation. Evangelicals are one of the single largest problems this country has.

I also despise Trump because he is quite possibly the most hypocritical liar I've ever seen. Period.

I despise Trump because I despise baby boomers. Selfish, greedy, self centered and vain human beings that squandered the wealth of this nation and left it a decimated shadow of its former self for their id appeasing enjoyment and pet projects.

I despise evangelicals because I despise religious indoctrination and injection of faith into legislation. Evangelicals are one of the single largest problems this country has.

I also despise Trump because he is quite possibly the most hypocritical liar I've ever seen. Period.
Christians have a saving, "hate the sin, love the sinner". I know you claim that you don't need God in your life to be a good, moral person, but......well.....the trees certainly haven't taught you this principle yet.

lol Israel is our ally. Read a book. Also, Gaza isn't occupied. Not a single Israeli lives there.

Building housing for jews, so terrible!

You ignore the "bulldozing arab homesteads" portion. Makes you feel better to remain ignorant of the human cost of your little evangelical donations and their outcomes, doesn't it?

Gaza is occupied. Ask the folks who live there.

'conservatives' learned to progress....at least that's what the 1990's-2000's liberal would say. What's the democrat's excuse for regressing on this idea? Why was it progressive to see through a president's personal behavior back then, and now, it's not progressive at all to discount the president's personal behaviour? I'm serious, what changed the democrat's mind on this?

Sorry - I think the conservatives have "regressed" why I left the party. THE religion is being weaponized, as in "if you don't follow MY religion and only MY religion", you're going to hell.
Same thing is applying to Trump - if you listen to him, he's the ONLY one that can fix anything. Well he's certainly the ONLY one that has screwed it up more than anyone.
The "right" wants to roll back regulations regarding pollution because they don't think it's "real science" and not willing to listen. As far as I know when you can't breathe or drink the water, there is NO planet B.

Behavior does matter. Bill Clinton was a hound - no doubt about it. I did not vote for him and never understood why women ignored the cheating. But it does seem as if the conservatives who absolutely lost their minds about Clinton and Obama, who never had a scandal attached, was so vilified by the right. Now Trump can do absolutely anything he wants and they are not listening or are drinking the Kool-Aid. He could go shoot someone on 5th Avenue and between Trump and his followers, they'd turn it into - well this person was an immigrant or spin it so the person wasn't important, therefore making it ok that Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue. HUGE difference.

In the 1990's - 2000's the Republicans were better. Now they've shifted way too far to the right.

You ignore the "bulldozing arab homesteads" portion. Makes you feel better to remain ignorant of the human cost of your little evangelical donations and their outcomes, doesn't it?
That's because the homes that are bulldozed are those that are terrorists. Israel doesn't apply capital punishment, so they bulldoze instead. Say what you want about it, that certainly makes them more moral than us, since we have the death penalty and use it indiscriminately
Gaza is occupied. Ask the folks who live there.
they would be wrong because an occupation, by definition, requires that people are there. There is none in gaza. none. The Israelis pulled out in 2005, and told us there would be peace. Not a single israeli lives there, and there is no peace.

Their parents?

Actually, my mother would have been a good president. Strict but fair. Logical, reasonable, and with a motto of "question authority," even hers.

What I want, I'm unlikely to get: a smart but boring man or woman with a strong work ethic, an ego strong enough to take the advice of the experts he or she hires, and not beholden to corporate America nor any of the deep pocket lobbyists on K Street.

What I want is a slow news day.

I miss that too - this isn't good for my blood pressure!!

Sorry - I think the conservatives have "regressed" why I left the party. THE religion is being weaponized, as in "if you don't follow MY religion and only MY religion", you're going to hell.
Same thing is applying to Trump - if you listen to him, he's the ONLY one that can fix anything. Well he's certainly the ONLY one that has screwed it up more than anyone.
The "right" wants to roll back regulations regarding pollution because they don't think it's "real science" and not willing to listen. As far as I know when you can't breathe or drink the water, there is NO planet B.

Behavior does matter. Bill Clinton was a hound - no doubt about it. I did not vote for him and never understood why women ignored the cheating. But it does seem as if the conservatives who absolutely lost their minds about Clinton and Obama, who never had a scandal attached, was so vilified by the right. Now Trump can do absolutely anything he wants and they are not listening or are drinking the Kool-Aid. He could go shoot someone on 5th Avenue and between Trump and his followers, they'd turn it into - well this person was an immigrant or spin it so the person wasn't important, therefore making it ok that Trump shot someone on 5th Avenue. HUGE difference.

In the 1990's - 2000's the Republicans were better. Now they've shifted way too far to the right.
ah, the moral defense argument! "I NEVER APPROVED OF CLINTON!"

Maybe you didn't.....but......................every conservative here saw the comments from registered democrats. They got some explaining.

Christians have a saving, "hate the sin, love the sinner". I know you claim that you don't need God in your life to be a good, moral person, but......well.....the trees certainly haven't taught you this principle yet.

I need none of your necrocracy and the sordid zombie god you worship in my life, thank you.

Love the sinner. Tell that to all the gays you folks routinely demonize and villify.

Cherry picking evangelicals; can smell them a century away.

I don't know you, so I'll take you at your word for it, but all these democrats who are raging at trump for having affairs when they only defended Bill Clinton have some explaining to do. When did being paragons of morality matter to you?

Why don't they matter to you??

Well Trump certainly has the "sinner" part down. Interesting justification. I think Trump is going to have a heck of a lot of 'splaining to do when he dies.

ah, the moral defense argument! "I NEVER APPROVED OF CLINTON!"

Maybe you didn't.....but......................every conservative here saw the comments from registered democrats. They got some explaining.

.........Sorry - I think Trump is WAY worse than Clinton ever thought of being. I would imagine the people that voted for him thought the same as you about Trump. There's a book out "Everything Trump Touches Dies". Might make some good reading for you.
Oh ..............

That's because the homes that are bulldozed are those that are terrorists. Israel doesn't apply capital punishment, so they bulldoze instead. Say what you want about it, that certainly makes them more moral than us, since we have the death penalty and use it indiscriminately

This has to be the most christian deflection of responsibility I've ever seen. You literally have NO EVIDENCE to support this. More moral than us? Israel is not a moralistic state. It is the ill concieved capitulation of reason by the west to inject into the region a religious armageddon, literally.

You sir support the ethnic clenasing of Arabs in Israel. You do so via donation. SHAME ON YOU.

they would be wrong because an occupation, by definition, requires that people are there. There is none in gaza. none. The Israelis pulled out in 2005, and told us there would be peace. Not a single israeli lives there, and there is no peace.

The Israeli military is occupying Gaza. It has Gaza cordoned.

You support this genocide.

Sad, truly.

Why don't they matter to you??

For the same reason it didn't matter to clinton supporters. Why should personal lives mean anything as long as his policies and ideas match yours? I learned it from democrats and you know....I've decided to progress....I've decided that Trump's positions, on judges and what not, are much more important to me than his personal affairs. I legitimately believe that democrats(of the 90's) were right on this part, and I was wrong.

This has to be the most christian deflection of responsibility I've ever seen. You literally have NO EVIDENCE to support this. More moral than us? Israel is not a moralistic state. It is the ill concieved capitulation of reason by the west to inject into the region a religious armageddon, literally.

You sir support the ethnic clenasing of Arabs in Israel. You do so via donation. SHAME ON YOU.
shame? BAHAHAH! wow. Ok. I just donated $1,000 to Birthright on this comment alone. You do this again, I will donate another 1,000. So you just try to "shame me" as much as you want, it will be you supporting the "Jewish state" via me and your ****ty comments, and I got the money to do it.

The Israeli military is occupying Gaza. It has Gaza cordoned.

You support this genocide.

Sad, truly.
Ever Genocided a people so hard, that their population doubles in 20 years?

.........Sorry - I think Trump is WAY worse than Clinton ever thought of being. I would imagine the people that voted for him thought the same as you about Trump. There's a book out "Everything Trump Touches Dies". Might make some good reading for you.
Oh ..............

Sounds like a very unbiased and totally reasonable book!

Back
Top Bottom