• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I do think Trump and his cohorts calling Cohen a liar is kind of funny!

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump and his cohorts are out there telling us what a liar Cohen is and they are right. But it is kind of people in glass houses should not throw stones. I think that Trump has proven to all of us he is also a liar and not to be trusted. When he and his cohorts, who lie for him, call someone else a liar it makes me first want to laugh and maybe even cry a little for our country. This is what having Trump as our president has brought us to, having to choose who to believe between two known liars.

Trump and his cohorts are out there telling us what a liar Cohen is and they are right. But it is kind of people in glass houses should not throw stones. I think that Trump has proven to all of us he is also a liar and not to be trusted. When he and his cohorts, who lie for him, call someone else a liar it makes me first want to laugh and maybe even cry a little for our country. This is what having Trump as our president has brought us to, having to choose who to believe between two known liars.

If Cohen testifies before Congress on Feb 7th, a good drinking game would be to take a drink every single time a Republican says Cohen is a liar and cannot be trusted in an effort to protect Trump who is the champion liar of all time in the political arena.

The only problem might be alcohol overdose in record time.

pot-calling-kettle-black.jpg

If you put Satan on trial you have to go to Hell to talk to the witnesses.

#1 Cohen was trusted by Trump for a decade as his close, personal attorney/fixer.

After lying FOR trump, Cohen relented and entered a plea deal with investigators and "came clean".
The entirety of their evidence backs Cohen's new claims, and they will have to back that in court if it makes it past this, along with any exculpatory evidence, under defense research in opposition, cross examination, etc. It would null and void his plea and mean a dramatic increase in his jail sentence.

The idea that Cohen is NOW lying, is improbable.
He had motive to lie at first, to match the public lies Trump and others in their orbit were telling on a daily basis. He matched their lies.

Once busted, the evidence indicated it was a lie, and his plea deal and absolution, motivate him to be honest in these matters until concluded.

So to your point, that's true. The idea that Cohen was at first telling the truth, would mean Trump was also telling the truth, which is absurd.
Similarly, it would mean the prosecutors and their evidence is 100% incorrect, which is highly improbable too.

Verdict of any reasonable mind is that Cohen is now telling the truth.

It is kind of interesting that both of these people could be lying, one to shorten his prison sentence and the other to save his presidency.

It is kind of interesting that both of these people could be lying, one to shorten his prison sentence and the other to save his presidency.

It doesn't much matter to me why liars lie. Once I'm convinced one more frequently lies than tells the truth, I no longer trust him/her. From that point on, everything the person says must be corroborated by independent third parties and existential facts and sound inferences based on them.

Trump and Cohen both are in that category with me; thus either of them can say anything they want, and I'm not going to believe it until I have proof that their remarks correspond to existential truth. If I give a damn about what they said, I'll look into it. If I don't, they may as well have said nothing.

Back
Top Bottom