• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I do not understand the GOP's decision to Not allow any more SCOTUS choices by Biden?

Of course not. And we would have seen a different show. But the Senate WOULD still put on a show for the gullible public.

ex. Kavanaugh.
What show? Republicans in the Senate were the most entertaining.

The justice most likely to retire or die during Biden's first four years is Thomas being the oldest. That would leave 8 justices and if Biden or another dem wins in 2024, it could bee eight years with only those justices if the GOP continues to control the Senate. In the latest SCOTUS decision, the vote was 5-4 , with Roberts not only voting with the liberals, but rote a scathing decent. So if Thomas leaves any lower court decision that favors the liberals on the court could end up with a 4-4 tie and the decision of the lower court would stand. this could continue for the next 6 years if the GOP does as stated.
What are you talking about?

They are unguided. I read somewhere that RWNJ propaganda and misinformation dropped by over 50% on some media platforms when the invasions started.
I thought I last told them to put down their weapons and surrender.

I find it disturbing that republicans are treating a historic win for black people as a straight up loss for themselves.

Why don't we just have the Democrats win in November?
It would help if the administration was not making such a mess of things.

That was our plan when Republicans blocked Merrick Garland. Then trump got 3 appointments.
Trump has a generally good President, but his judicial nominations are the most enduring legacy.

I find it disturbing that republicans are treating a historic win for black people as a straight up loss for themselves.
I feel disturbed that you find it a straight-up win for black people. You act as if her race was the only consideration.

It would help if the administration was not making such a mess of things.

Trump has a generally good President, but his judicial nominations are the most enduring legacy.

I feel disturbed that you find it a straight-up win for black people. You act as if her race was the only consideration.
Try and remember that the sitting president gets to make that decision per the U.S. Constitution. Her race was a large part of his pick because he promised his 80M voters that he would appoint a black female.

It's fair to say that a few others may have been qualified. But none as qualified as her. Not even close.

And it's a huge win for black people. History was made by Biden and KBJ yesterday. Elections have consequences.

Promises made, promises kept.

It was all political theater. It was planned that she be the next Justice since before Biden was installed in the WH. And the Republican Senators are part of the show.
Actually its Russia where everything is pre-planned theater, not here. Nice try.

Project much Mycroft?

Last edited:
Try and remember that the sitting president gets to make that decision per the U.S. Constitution. Her race was a large part of his pick because he promised his 80M voters that he would appoint a black female.
In and by itself, that was a racist decision.

It's fair to say that a few others may have been qualified. But none as qualified as her. Not even close.
That is a damning statement.

And it's a huge win for black people. History was made by Biden and KBJ yesterday.
I need to have that shovel, please. The hole you are in was deep enough without you adding to the problem.

Elections have consequences.
Remember that this is an election year.

Promises made, promises kept.
It should be sufficient to say that any consideration that begins with the candidate's race yields a racist decision. Unfortunately, that is not the case.

Actually its Russia where everything is pre-planned theater, not here. Nice try.
The irony is thick.

Since I probably need to spell it out, you just compared the Democrat's announcement of Jackson's confirmation to Putin's theatrics. Smooth.

Project much Mycroft?
Still more irony.

Back
Top Bottom