• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I do not understand the GOP's decision to Not allow any more SCOTUS choices by Biden?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The justice most likely to retire or die during Biden's first four years is Thomas being the oldest. That would leave 8 justices and if Biden or another dem wins in 2024, it could bee eight years with only those justices if the GOP continues to control the Senate. In the latest SCOTUS decision, the vote was 5-4 , with Roberts not only voting with the liberals, but rote a scathing decent. So if Thomas leaves any lower court decision that favors the liberals on the court could end up with a 4-4 tie and the decision of the lower court would stand. this could continue for the next 6 years if the GOP does as stated.

You don't understand?

Better a 4-4 vote they can hope to regain the majority after the election, than a lifetime appointment against their corruption, from their view.

That was our plan when Republicans blocked Merrick Garland. Then trump got 3 appointments.
Didn't we change the rules for him? Ya, we couldn't pull the same thing. When did they pass that?

That was our plan when Republicans blocked Merrick Garland. Then trump got 3 appointments.
We have to win in November.

Got to watch that McConnell do it again? Oh why didn't I get him on 2020?

Trump, and their triumph. How can I stand it? Listening to Putin? Oh, they have the right narrative.

Is it time to find another Causal planet? You don't know how far away that is. It was after Avengers Endgame, scared me, so I went to write an entirely destructive book about a race who dissolved the Causal planet, putting it through a Lake of Fire before reconstituting it in a different orbit, that I looked up from the miniscule Creation we inhabit.

The justice most likely to retire or die during Biden's first four years is Thomas being the oldest. That would leave 8 justices and if Biden or another dem wins in 2024, it could bee eight years with only those justices if the GOP continues to control the Senate. In the latest SCOTUS decision, the vote was 5-4 , with Roberts not only voting with the liberals, but rote a scathing decent. So if Thomas leaves any lower court decision that favors the liberals on the court could end up with a 4-4 tie and the decision of the lower court would stand. this could continue for the next 6 years if the GOP does as stated.
Can you show me exactly what the "GOP has stated"?

Keep in mind that the GOP allowed Biden this current Justice.

Can you show me exactly what the "GOP has stated"?

Keep in mind that the GOP allowed Biden this current Justice.

No, only 3, count them, 3 Republicans allowed Biden his current choice in the senate. The rest voted AGAINST or abstained. That is ridiculous and nothing but partisan hackery. We already have statements from McConnell in the past about Obama and not allowing another pick from him (which he did). The GOP are obstructionist assholes in congress.

His comments were a little strange; I understood he was only talking up to the end of Biden term. I can't see SCOTUS being 4-4 for six years.

No, only 3, count them, 3 Republicans allowed Biden his current choice in the senate. The rest voted AGAINST or abstained. That is ridiculous and nothing but partisan hackery. We already have statements from McConnell in the past about Obama and not allowing another pick from him (which he did). The GOP are obstructionist assholes in congress.
It was all political theater. It was planned that she be the next Justice since before Biden was installed in the WH. And the Republican Senators are part of the show.

It was all political theater. It was planned that she be the next Justice since before Biden was installed in the WH. And the Republican Senators are part of the show.

So then the Republicans should have confirmed then. Instead, they played to their racist supporters for small gains. Republicans would rather play a show to keep their racist supporters than not be partisan idiots.

So then the Republicans should have confirmed then. Instead, they played to their racist supporters for small gains. Republicans would rather play a show to keep their racist supporters than not be partisan idiots.
They did confirm, but they HAVE to run their show so the Republican rank and file won't throw them out on their ass.

And "racist" has nothing to do with it. That's part of the show.

They did confirm, but they HAVE to run their show so the Republican rank and file won't throw them out on their ass.

And "racist" has nothing to do with it. That's part of the show.

Nope the proud boys are supported by trump and by the GOP in their support of Trump.

I'm starting to think you are the puppet master behind everything in america the way your statements sound. Are you deepthroat2?

Better a tie and toss back to the lower court ruling with another chance if/when they regain the majority and executive.

So if Trump had won, he would have nominated her?

Are you saying the Russian trolls are crumbling?
They are unguided. I read somewhere that RWNJ propaganda and misinformation dropped by over 50% on some media platforms when the invasions started.

Nope the proud boys are supported by trump and by the GOP in their support of Trump.
Proud Boys have nothing to do with the Senate.

You are dismissed.

So if Trump had won, he would have nominated her?
Of course not. And we would have seen a different show. But the Senate WOULD still put on a show for the gullible public.

ex. Kavanaugh.

Proud Boys have nothing to do with the Senate.

You are dismissed.

Trump supports the Proud boys and the GOP senate and house supports trump along with yourself. You’re dismissed.

Back
Top Bottom