• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I confess, I voted for Trump; but I had no choice!

Empirica

~Transcend~
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Let's face it folks; trying to dismiss Trump as "eccentric" takes the definition to a whole new level.

I'm sure a lot of my fellow "deploribles" will agree that being a Trump Supporter can be difficult.

He's obviously a bit gruff with crude mannerisms and can be totally belligerent at times without warning.

Most of all; Donald Trump is without a doubt the absolute worst public speaker ever elected to POTUS.

And being totally aware of this before the election why would I say I had no choice but to vote for Trump?

Why? Because no other Presidential Candidate has ever acknowledged both the internal and external forces that have been systematically dismantling the foundation of our nation's sovereignty and freedom.

No other candidate; whether Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or whatever, has ever even dared to discuss the taboo issues or solutions that might actually make America great again.(for lack of a better term)

So; yes I would prefer a smooth talking President with a beautiful face and friendly smile who could blow sunshine up the butts of all those doubter/critics and convert them to loyal deplorible followers.

But; until that well-mannered, debonair, silver tongued, saint comes along complete with Trump's agenda, commitment, and energy; we'll just have to settle for 'mr belligerent' awhile longer.

ie; It's a matter of the most basic priorities:
Do you want a pretty president who talks good?
Or one who knows what needs done and does it?

a-you had a choice
b- he isn't the worst public speaker, he just ad libs while others read.

You had plenty of choice. And if you had used it then, you would not need to be developing streams of BS now to make yourself feel better. JMO.

You had plenty of choice. And if you had used it then, you would not need to be developing streams of BS now to make yourself feel better. JMO.

He/she is saying that he/she agrees with what Trump proposed. The problem is, Trump was/is naive enough to think that all this could be handled like a business. What he didn't take into consideration is that politicians are worse than business people. Both are in for themselves, but politicians are groveling for votes and power. Business people are after money and power.

I had no choice either.Unlike the liberals I love my country.

You had a choice & you made the wrong one. I just hope the U.S. is stll here in 2 years so we can vote to end this.

There are several choices. Not voting can be a choice, if there are no good candidates. That was my choice in 2016. I could not vote for Clinton and I was certainly not going to vote for Trump, so I chose to not vote for anyone for president.

You had a choice & you made the wrong one. I just hope the U.S. is stll here in 2 years so we can vote to end this.

It will be, God willing. Many many people thought that Obama was then end of it all, or at least some resemblance to the anti christ. Gold was traded, bunkers were built, but alas, we are still here typing and frolicking and frowning and joking.

There are several choices. Not voting can be a choice, if there are no good candidates. That was my choice in 2016. I could not vote for Clinton and I was certainly not going to vote for Trump, so I chose to not vote for anyone for president.

Its probably best you stay home again in 2020

I had no choice either.Unlike the liberals I love my country.

So you voted for a lying, narcissistic scumbag who only cares about himself. Well done.

Let's face it folks; trying to dismiss Trump as "eccentric" takes the definition to a whole new level.

I'm sure a lot of my fellow "deploribles" will agree that being a Trump Supporter can be difficult.

He's obviously a bit gruff with crude mannerisms and can be totally belligerent at times without warning.

Most of all; Donald Trump is without a doubt the absolute worst public speaker ever elected to POTUS.

And being totally aware of this before the election why would I say I had no choice but to vote for Trump?

Why? Because no other Presidential Candidate has ever acknowledged both the internal and external forces that have been systematically dismantling the foundation of our nation's sovereignty and freedom.

No other candidate; whether Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or whatever, has ever even dared to discuss the taboo issues or solutions that might actually make America great again.(for lack of a better term)

So; yes I would prefer a smooth talking President with a beautiful face and friendly smile who could blow sunshine up the butts of all those doubter/critics and convert them to loyal deplorible followers.

But; until that well-mannered, debonair, silver tongued, saint comes along complete with Trump's agenda, commitment, and energy; we'll just have to settle for 'mr belligerent' awhile longer.

Tell me, why didn't Trump and the Republicans fund the wall when they had the majority to do it? The only possible answers are they didn't want to or they didnt know how.

So you voted for a lying, narcissistic scumbag who only cares about himself. Well done.

My guess is that they didn't vote for what you call a scumbag, but for someone who was willing to listen.

Depends who the Libertarians are offering. Or if Trump is impeached.

We first have to address the 2 party machine. That, and any other party candidate willing to make some noise instead of sitting there, hoping for the best. I did vote 3rd, but did so because of the choices before me. None of the other party's candidates to put in much effort into a race that seemed to have been called before it started. That is my biggest issue.

My guess is that they didn't vote for what you call a scumbag, but for someone who was willing to listen.

What do you call a serial adulterer who pays off his mistresses to shut them up? I think scumbag is the appropriate term. Not to mention all the bankruptcy's and stiffing contractors. trump university? Another joke and proven scam. Quite a skilled conman.

We first have to address the 2 party machine. That, and any other party candidate willing to make some noise instead of sitting there, hoping for the best. I did vote 3rd, but did so because of the choices before me. None of the other party's candidates to put in much effort into a race that seemed to have been called before it started. That is my biggest issue.

It's a bigger dilemma every presidential election. We are often just down to a binary choice. As I've said on more than once occasion, when we continue to vote for the lesser of two evils, each election gives us more evil choices. That is how I felt in 2016.

a-you had a choice
b- he isn't the worst public speaker, he just ad libs while others read.

I have a very hard time understanding TrumpSpeak as do many of those that must work with him. Try to decipher what Trump was saying about military pay raises while he recently visited Iraq. He mentioned several random pay increase percentages (in some conversation with some unnamed people) and then asserted that the latest military pay raise, although matching none of those percentages mentioned, was the largest in 10 years. You just can't make the case that such TrumpSpeak makes much sense.

Last edited:
He/she is saying that he/she agrees with what Trump proposed. The problem is, Trump was/is naive enough to think that all this could be handled like a business. What he didn't take into consideration is that politicians are worse than business people. Both are in for themselves, but politicians are groveling for votes and power. Business people are after money and power.
Business is a huge world, it's not just real estate.

Knowing how to hustle in the real estate business does not make you an expert in all sectors of the economy, much less how the entire infrastructure of a country works, and how domestic and foreign affairs need to be handled.

I have a very hard time understanding TrumpSpeak as do many of those that must work with him. Try to decipher what Trump was saying about military pay raises while he recently visited Iraq. He mentioned several random pay increase percentages (in some conversation with some unnamed people) and then asserted that the latest military pay raise, although matching none of those percentages mentioned, was the largest in 10 years. You just can't make case that such TrumpSpeak makes much sense.
I honestly don't know how any rational person can listen to his speech patterns and not realize he has a serious mental disorder going on.

Tell me, why didn't Trump and the Republicans fund the wall when they had the majority to do it? The only possible answers are they didn't want to or they didnt know how.

They needed to wait for funding for Mexico which didn't happen until the USMCA. The wall is being funded through Mexico.

Most republicans back Trump, most democrats are against him. Pretty much normal for party politics. But it is those in the middle, those who don't affiliate with either party, are basically less to non-partisan, aren't either avid Trumpers or anti-Trump with daggers in their eyes.

The thing is these folks, call them independents who make up approximately 40-43% of the total electorate, don't pay all that much attention to politics. They busy making a living and taking care of family. Trump because of his belligerent, some call it obnoxious, personality, his very unpresidential behavior, quite a lot of these folks who supported Trump in 2016 have left him. Funny thing about these independents, they expect a president to act presidential. Trump doesn't. Trump persona is more suited as a wrestler in the WWE than as occupant of the Oval Office. Look at Trump's job approval among independents today 38%, question 51. Trump's favorability among independents, 37% question 47A. Trump's likability among independents 28%, question 57.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/oijdv5i5r9/econTabReport.pdf

Trump has a problem and his problem with independents isn't issues or polices. Independents are for some, against some, pretty much split. As a Trump supporters, you look past his uncouth and at times raunchy behavior to what he has accomplished, the job you think he has done good at. Most independents can't get past his distasteful behavior to look at what Trump has or hadn't done. Want to know how much Trump's belligerent behavior has cost him. at least among independents, compare the above numbers to those taken back on 25 Jan 2017, right after Trump was inaugurated.

Independent job approval 48% today 38%
Independent favorable ratings 44% after his inauguration, today 37%
Independent likability 44%, today 28%

Trump won the White House due to independents voting for him 46-42 over Hillary Clinton. Keep in mind history shows usually one doesn't vote for someone they dislike. Depending on whom the Democrats choose, Trump would probably only receive 35-40% of the independent vote. But then again, Trump could get lucky and the democrats nominate another Hillary Clinton, someone independents disliked a whole lot more than Trump. 57% of independents disliked Trump, 70% disliked Hillary on election day. Questions 10 and 11. Because of independents dislike of Hillary, he is now president.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/l37rosbwjp/econTabReport_lv.pdf

It will be, God willing. Many many people thought that Obama was then end of it all, or at least some resemblance to the anti christ. Gold was traded, bunkers were built, but alas, we are still here typing and frolicking and frowning and joking.

But objectively Obama wasn't a danger this clown is. Obama was at least intelligent, measured and level headed. This ass clown is a loose cannon and not qualified nor does he have the temperament to be president. We are in grave danger this time around.

As long as you voted your conscience, you should sleep well tonight. We are all free to decide and make our voices known at the voting booth.

Your voice, although I adamantly disagree with it most of the time, is just as valuable as mine. No more. No less.

No need to apologize or explain.

Although, I might add, one of the better arguments for voting for Comrade Trump is that the alternative was Hillary Clinton. People can understand that reason better, I believe.

That was then. This is now.

Knowing what we now know, still supporting Trump does raise questions in to one's character, but I digress.

Back
Top Bottom