• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I confess, I voted for Trump; but I had no choice!

I have a wise friend once said....

"The truth needs little explanation."

Too bad you need to explain "the truth" to yourself in such a verbose way, proving essentially that you're lying your ass off, to yourself. That's not something to take pride in.:roll:
My "need to explain the truth" is for the sole benefit of the gullible masses whose only source thus far has been the lies and fake news of the MSM.

I'm confused; what makes one a "good public speaker." Trump is perfectly capable of speaking in public without issues...
The following link provides an amazing explication of President Trump and his unique manner of public speaking; which many consider quite effective albeit lacking in eloquence.

https://www.debatepolitics.com/us-e...trump-but-had-no-choice-8.html#post1069549400
I won't agree he is the worst public speaker. When he wants to, he can read a polished, professional speech off a teleprompter as well as any other politician, past or present. And it comes across as polished and professional as well as pedantic and usually boring when he does it.

His preferred style, and the one people respond to by the tens of thousands who attend his rallies wherever he goes, is purely extemporaneous. He probably has a list of points he wants to hit on the podium but for the most part what he says is extemporaneous, from the heart.

He is a Type A extrovert and his mind is always racing ahead of his words which accounts for all the unfinished sentences and half-expressed thoughts. You get the same kind of thing in a fast-paced spirited gabfest with friends.

He is neither partisan nor politician, or at least he is no poll tested, polished, politically correct politician. People respond to him because he has presented a vision that no other leader has offered us in a very long time, a vision that actually fixes problems, addresses real issues, and accomplishes things instead of just spouting stuff to get elected and then kicking it all down the road for somebody else to deal with.

And those who responded to that vision now know he is trustworthy to actually do--at least give it his all in an honest attempt to do what he said he would do--as candidate Trump. He has been more faithful to keep campaign promises than anybody in my increasingly lengthy lifetime.

So he poses questions and thoughts of ideas he is thinking about or wondering what would happen if they did this or that. But once a decision is made, he has been pretty darn accurate in how it needed to be approached which of course is often completely different from the status quo we expect from the polished politicians of the permanent political class.

So yes he is an imperfect person, sometimes annoying and frustrating, sometimes positively cringe worthy, but I will take somebody like that any day who actually loves America and intends to fix what's broken and get done what needs to be done and is actually doing that over the professional politician any time.

His enemies attack him personally. His supporters look at what he is accomplishing and the difference that is making for Americans, America, and the American hope and possibilities.

Beautiful work here, AlbqOwl! :applaud

Back
Top Bottom